1. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    18 May '09 23:551 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    There are plenty of conspiracy nuts out there. On of the most famous compilations of nutty conspiracy theories is "Loose Change." You can watch it for free at a host of places on the net, if you have 2 hours to kill (and I do mean kill).

It was pretty funny, though, watching those college kids get their asses handed to them when they made the stupid mistake ...[text shortened]... thing about the science and technology involved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stVmEmJ666M
    When you say conspiracy nutts I presume you are talking about the people that believe the muslims conspired to crash the planes. I believe one of the muslims accused, was dead a year before the event. Several of the muslims were still alive after the event. Supp with that conspiracy theory? I did watch the video you provided a link to. It would be nice that in the future you dont say that someone got their ass handed to them unless it is actually true. Did you even watch it? Both sides did a piss poor job with their viewpoint. I believe Popular Mechanics on the cell phone issue only because I have a background in electronics. Nothing to do whith thier little debate. I still don't have an oppinion on the crash wreckage. I was hoping there was good solid evidence when I watched it based on your comment. Not so though. How can you teach kids to watch videos with critical thinking if you are so biased about a video that you would either lie about it or view it with such a warped perspective.
  2. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    19 May '09 02:57
    Originally posted by eamon o
    yeah and the moon landings were done in hollywood <8*)
    Here we go. Instead of considering whether a conspiracy exists or not, it is easier to deflect by mentioning some other conspiracy. Why not throw in the Kennedy and Lincoln assasinations?

I haven't seen the video mentioned, but Alex Jones' Loose Change is a must see.

Especially in the case of the Pentagon, the physical evidence doesn't match up with the government story.

You'll notice that where these conspiracy theories pop up, it's because the government account doesn't add up. And universally, the government has mishandled, lost, or intentionally destroyed the evidence which could have answered the questioners, if they wanted the answers known.

I have as many reasons for believing the moon landings were filmed on a sound stage as you do for believing they're authentic. But rather than jump around, how about sticking with 9/11/01.
  3. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    19 May '09 03:16
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    you gotta be retarded to believe the US gov. was behind 9/11.
    How about the possibility that the US government allowed it to happen? I'm not retarded.

I can't say that I know who planned it, or entirely how it was executed, but I can argue that the government account of that day is full of holes, deceptions, and outright lies. Why?

It is the same old story as with Oklahoma city.

What is retarded is to blindly accept that a Boeing 757, and both of its engines created a hole in the Pentagon about half the circumference of one of its engines. Equally retarded is to accept that burning avaition fuel and building materials melted the titanium alloy engine designed to contain burning jet fuel. No Rolls Royce jet engine was ever extracted from the Pentagon! It is also retarded to believe that an Arab extremist who could barely fly a single engine Sesna was able to make the bank and turn and skim street level into the Pentagon in a move most combat pilots say they could not pull off in that craft. And then they want you to believe that there isn't a single photo of the event?!

The physical evidence proves that the retards are those who accept blindly the story passed out by government sources and regurgitated by the talking heads.

Now let's talk about facts instead of insulting the messenger.
  4. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    19 May '09 03:32
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    In Sweden they made a conspiracy TV-program about the world championship in football 1958 in Göteborg (my hometown) actually never took place.

The idea was to demonstrate the technique of showing how conspiracy ideas work. The used geometry of proving the pictures was fakes, they used interviews of known people, they reasoned that every fundamentalist ...[text shortened]... was easy, then it's easy to plant any idea in peoples heads. And the principle is ignorance.
    That a false conspiracy can be sold as real is certainly possible. But it is also a great way of covering up a real conspiracy as well. No?

Isn't the notion of Bin Laden planning 9/11 a conspiracy theory? What makes that conspiracy theory more believable?

I believe the physical evidence must be examined, what there is that the government hasn't lost, destroyed or distorted. Looking at the reactions of the parties can be revealing, and considering the question, Who benefited? What resulted from the event?

On those general questions, Bin Laden's life was hardly enhanced. The powers of the US government in quite a few areas were. Bin Laden rejoiced and proclaimed success, while the US government promised to get him.

The question is not whether there was a conspiracy on 9/11/01, but which conspiracy was fake.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 May '09 05:06
    Originally posted by normbenign
    That a false conspiracy can be sold as real is certainly possible. But it is also a great way of covering up a real conspiracy as well. No?

Isn't the notion of Bin Laden planning 9/11 a conspiracy theory? What makes that conspiracy theory more believable?

I believe the physical evidence must be examined, what there is that the government hasn't ...[text shortened]... The question is not whether there was a conspiracy on 9/11/01, but which conspiracy was fake.
    Let's say that the idea of bun Ladin, and al Qaeda and everything presented by the media is true. (Well, I think it is, more or less, but then we have a lot of propagandea from various sources involved that distorts the real truth about 9/11.)

Did it turn out right for bin Ladin?
    Did it hurt USA as was thought? No, USA got stronger. The military muscels of US was shown, and used.
    Did bin Ladin get a better life? Is he the hero of the world? Even in the muslem world? No, I don't thik so. He behaves like a rat, looking out of his rathole, with th aid of videos and media, but quickly hide himself again. He's not a hero that cannot ever show himslf in parads or something. He's gone. He can never do anything public again. He resides the rathole of his.
    Did the Muslem world get any better? No, there has never been as many Islamists as there is no. These kills other Muslems, and therefore are the enemies themsleves, killing Moslems. Islamic coutnries are invaded by US, NATO and others. Everyone want's their piece of oil and other things. So the Islamic world now is high game.
    Terror groups, with or without connection to al Caeda or bin Ladin has spread out in the world. The world is less safer than before.
    The face of USA is clearer. Torture is standard, Guantanamo and Auschwitz can be compared, US as a police state has been obvious, Hatred has grown.

Was the 9/11 bad in all aspects? No, I don't think so. The world knows no more of Islam than ever. Islamic matters are discussed everywhere, even in RHP, a chess site. Understaning of the islamic questions has spread. If bin Ladin was a missionary, he succeded. But he isn't.

But there are also other groups, within USA, who want to benefit from the 9/11. Money is flowing. Conspiracy groups are thriving. The freedom of americans has been less. The paranoia is growing.

This posting can be seen as negative towards USA. It is not the purpose. I don't even think I'm right in every sentence. Some are, some are not. It's just thoughts, nothing more.
  6. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    19 May '09 08:20
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

Released documents like this gives justification to question the govt on anything. This is how the big boys think. Labeling folks as conspiracy nutts, although probably great fun, is not very intelligent. It just causes a stumbling block for truth seekers.
  7. Pepperland
    Moves
    19 May '09 17:241 edit
    Originally posted by normbenign
    How about the possibility that the US government allowed it to happen? I'm not retarded.

I can't say that I know who planned it, or entirely how it was executed, but I can argue that the government account of that day is full of holes, deceptions, and outright lies. Why?

It is the same old story as with Oklahoma city.

What is retarded is to b ated by the talking heads.

Now let's talk about facts instead of insulting the messenger.

There is no reason why they would do that, and if they had done it, people would have found out by now.
    Are you sure you're not retarded?

The physical evidence proves that the retards are those who accept blindly the story passed out by government sources and regurgitated by the talking heads.

Al-qaeda itself took responsability for the attacks.
    Its true that government lies, however believing that 9/11 was caused/allowed to happen by the US gov. is just surreal.

Now let's talk about facts

what facts are we talking about?
    the ones spread by some guy in the internet? rumors are rumors.
  8. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    19 May '09 19:48
    Originally posted by kmax87
    I'm waiting !
    test for retention/accuracy here.

Who does the film say will be the devil very soon?
  9. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    19 May '09 19:48
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Sweet Jesus.
    how far did you get?
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    19 May '09 19:52
    Originally posted by uzless
    how far did you get?
    I think I stopped when they showed a Two Towers poster.
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    19 May '09 23:051 edit
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    [b]How about the possibility that the US government allowed it to happen? I'm not retarded.

There is no reason why they would do that, and if they had done it, people would have found out by now.
    Are you sure you're not retarded?

The physical evidence proves that the retards are those who accept blindly the story passed out by government facts are we talking about?
    the ones spread by some guy in the internet? rumors are rumors.
    It is alleged that 9/11 was what is called a false flag operation, there are lots of documented events of these. What gets people excited about 9/11 being a false flag operation is this.

Operation Northwoods - As joe beyser mentioned ON was a plan devised in the 60's for the US to stage a terrorist attack and blame it on Cuba. That way the US could legitametly attack and invade Cuba and overthrow Castro.

Project for a New American Century - PNAC was a neocon thinktank whose goals were to promote American global leadership through "a Reaganite policy of military strength and moral clarity." The quote form the PNAC's writings which really got conspiracy theorists going is, "further, the process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event––like a new Pearl Harbor".

I believe that was written some time in the late 90's, and only a few years later 9/11 happens and before anyone can blink Afghanistan and Iraq were invaded. And my personal voew is that if Iraq wasn't such a disaster Iran would most likely to have been next.
  12. Standard membersmw6869
    Granny
    Parts Unknown
    Moves
    20 May '09 00:18
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Let's say that the idea of bun Ladin, and al Qaeda and everything presented by the media is true. (Well, I think it is, more or less, but then we have a lot of propagandea from various sources involved that distorts the real truth about 9/11.)

Did it turn out right for bin Ladin?
    Did it hurt USA as was thought? No, USA got stronger. The military musc ...[text shortened]... I'm right in every sentence. Some are, some are not. It's just thoughts, nothing more.
    Fabian dearest, you need to get back to the way you were in the good old days.

YouTube

GRANNY.
  13. Standard memberThequ1ck
    Fast above
    Slow Below
    Moves
    20 May '09 06:13
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    It is alleged that 9/11 was what is called a false flag operation, there are lots of documented events of these. What gets people excited about 9/11 being a false flag operation is this.

Operation Northwoods - As joe beyser mentioned ON was a plan devised in the 60's for the US to stage a terrorist attack and blame it on Cuba. That way the US could l ...[text shortened]... al voew is that if Iraq wasn't such a disaster Iran would most likely to have been next.
    Operation Northwoods shows clear intent to harm innocent
    civilians in the pursuit of war.
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    20 May '09 06:16
    Originally posted by smw6869
    Fabian dearest, you need to get back to the way you were in the good old days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kM_zE7KITo

GRANNY.
    That's were in my glorious days. Times changes... Obviously...
  15. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    20 May '09 11:55
    Originally posted by uzless
    test for retention/accuracy here.

Who does the film say will be the devil very soon?
    TAOLFKAL?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree