1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '21 11:111 edit
    ... and then immediately withdrawn.

“an incredibly hostile act”
    Arlene Foster.

I love it when the EU tips it’s hand and reveals it’s true bully-boy spirit, not to mention it’s total incompetence at managing anything other than its own expenses and gravy-train MP lifestyles.

Edit: For those not following the shat-show
    https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-eu-withdraws-plan-to-control-coronavirus-vaccine-exports-to-northern-ireland-12202835
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '21 11:16

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '21 11:291 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    You are being either dishonest or you are woefully uninformed about NI (edit: that’s “Northern Ireland btw...) political relationship with the EU and the implications of Article 16 under the Brexit withdrawal agreement. I suggest reading up, anywhere, even top line. Then get back to me with another attempt at a snark.

PS Love you babe x
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '21 11:441 edit

5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '21 12:223 edits
    I know you are looking for a rear exit, but no one, not even the media, mentioned the legality of the situation.

Everyone, the media, is talking about political wisdom, rowing back, political car crashes etc.

Edit, have a look at the guardian, I’m sure they will have a well written spin on it which will fit with your view and make out it’s all pukka and well considered and justified and blah blah blah.

Edit2: oh you already have! LOL.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '21 13:41

7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 Jan '21 14:07
    When you, for once, have the moral high ground, going personal and attacking people's grammar is not a good strategy.

(As for the real point of this thread: it is the EU's duty to protect its own citizens, as it is the UK's duty to protect the English. The UK chose to make Northern Ireland not EU citizens, against their own wishes; what happens to NI is now on England's plate, not on Brussel's.)
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '21 14:11

9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '21 14:31
    Since you pedantically brought up my grammar, divegeester has a lower case “d”.

Check with the Guardian...
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '21 14:32
    @shallow-blue said
    When you, for once, have the moral high ground, going personal and attacking people's grammar is not a good strategy.
    “Moral high ground”

Haha!
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '21 14:33
    Fuking hell, you’re desperate.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '21 14:37
    The EU invoking Article 16 was “an incredibly hostile act
    Arlene Foster.

Just saying.
    Oh and she is Northern Irish btw, just in case you didn’t know.

But let’s focus instead on my grammar, the responsibility of the UK government and some spunky misdirection about “moral high ground”.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '21 14:40

14. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '21 14:44

15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Jan '21 15:12
    @shallow-blue said

(As for the real point of this thread: it is the EU's duty to protect its own citizens, as it is the UK's duty to protect the English. The UK chose to make Northern Ireland not EU citizens, against their own wishes; what happens to NI is now on England's plate, not on Brussel's.)
    Leaving aside the fact that the EU temporally lost the plot, would you not agree that Brexit has already demonstrated the maneuverability of an independent state (as opposed to a block of 27) to get vaccines approved and rolled out?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree