1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '21 22:20
    @no1marauder
    You keep treating racial groups as monolithic.

There are plenty of white people with the advantage of family connections and such. There are plenty of white trash that have no advantage at all. Any discussion of racial groups is flawed when each life is different.

Racists like to believe that everyone of each race is treated exactly the same. You know, like the racists who say that only people of a certain race can apply for a job.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Jun '21 22:261 edit
    @eladar said
    @no1marauder
    You keep treating racial groups as monolithic.

There are plenty of white people with the advantage of family connections and such. There are plenty of white trash that have no advantage at all. Any discussion of racial groups is flawed when each life is different.

Racists like to believe that everyone of each race is treated exactly the same. You know, like the racists who say that only people of a certain race can apply for a job.
    You keep ignoring the overwhelming evidence that blacks are disadvantaged in this society compared to whites.

Again, you and the other right wingers either ignorantly or more likely deliberately keep misusing the word "racist". It refers to those who believe one or more "races" are inherently superior to other "races". Remedial measures to combat discrimination have nothing to do with any belief that a "race" is superior as you should well know by now.

Does anybody in their right mind believe that the BBC wants a POC for this relatively menial job because they believe POC are "superior" to whites?
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '21 22:28
    @no1marauder said
    You keep ignoring the overwhelming evidence that blacks are disadvantaged in this society compared to whites.

Again, you and the other right wingers either ignorantly or more likely deliberately keep misusing the word "racist". It refers to those who believe one or more "races" are inherently superior to other "races". Remedial measures to combat discrimination have nothing to do with any belief that a "race" is superior as you should well know by now.
    You ignore the fact that a person's outcome has much to do with personal choices.

Of course your life experience does not allow you to see the truth of what I am saying. You and yours did come from a life of advantage. It is not true for all white people.

We are not all like you.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Jun '21 22:35
    @eladar said
    You ignore the fact that a person's outcome has much to do with personal choices.

Of course your life experience does not allow you to see the truth of what I am saying. You and yours did come from a life of advantage. It is not true for all white people.

We are not all like you.
    One's "life choices" can be severely constrained because of systemic racism if you are a POC in the US.

I'm going to ignore your uninformed speculation about my life which is really NOYFB.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '21 22:37
    @no1marauder said
    One's "life choices" can be severely constrained because of systemic racism if you are a POC in the US.

I'm going to ignore your uninformed speculation about my life which is really NOYFB.
    Yes, they can be.

Your life choices based on your personal white advantages, which I did not recieve, color your point of view. In the same way, my life experience colors my point of view. It is only natural to believe all white people had your advantages of connection and wealth.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Jun '21 23:04
    @eladar said
    Yes, they can be.

Your life choices based on your personal white advantages, which I did not recieve, color your point of view. In the same way, my life experience colors my point of view. It is only natural to believe all white people had your advantages of connection and wealth.
    Here's where I grew up: https://earth.google.com/web/search/187+sherman+street+albany+ny/@42.66208544,-73.76829777,69.80049064a,200d,35y,185.91810883h,60t,0r/data=CocBGl0SVwolMHg4OWRlMGEzNDM0ZjZiODdkOjB4Y2FlYjg3YWMyNzllOWQ2NxkjWdEwxlRFQCGWFGksK3FSwCocMTg3IHNoZXJtYW4gc3RyZWV0IGFsYmFueSBueRgBIAEiJgokCaYNzUYixkRAESQu1LraxERAGcnEHEnN0VHAIfW9zKyc01HA

You can see all the stately manors surrounding 187 Sherman St. (which is now a vacant lot).
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '21 23:14
    @no1marauder said
    Here's where I grew up: https://earth.google.com/web/search/187+sherman+street+albany+ny/@42.66208544,-73.76829777,69.80049064a,200d,35y,185.91810883h,60t,0r/data=CocBGl0SVwolMHg4OWRlMGEzNDM0ZjZiODdkOjB4Y2FlYjg3YWMyNzllOWQ2NxkjWdEwxlRFQCGWFGksK3FSwCocMTg3IHNoZXJtYW4gc3RyZWV0IGFsYmFueSBueRgBIAEiJgokCaYNzUYixkRAESQu1LraxERAGcnEHEnN0VHAIfW9zKyc01HA

You can see all the stately manors surrounding 187 Sherman St. (which is now a vacant lot).
    Your financial success in life obviously had nothing to do with your decisions. Obviously your success is due to your white priviledge. It may have been for all white people where you live, I do not know. I was not part of your white experience.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Jun '21 23:231 edit
    @eladar said
    Your financial success in life obviously had nothing to do with your decisions. Obviously your success is due to your white priviledge. It may have been for all white people where you live, I do not know. I was not part of your white experience.
    Whatever happened to my advantages of "connection and wealth"?

I don't like the term "white privilege" as it implies being free from invidious discrimination is a "privilege" rather than a right. I did not have to face roadblocks because of my "race", however, which is certainly an advantage in the US.
  9. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    21 Jun '21 23:44
    @no1marauder - said
    Does anybody in their right mind believe that the BBC wants a POC for this relatively menial job because they believe POC are "superior" to whites?

------------

None of which is the point.
    The BBC, Mayor Lightfoot of Chicago, and other noted liberals are TEACHING racism and discrimination
    as simply being a matter of course. *That* is the point.

This sucks. What will the kids think? And the democrats cheer.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Jun '21 00:12
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @no1marauder - said

------------

None of which is the point.
    The BBC, Mayor Lightfoot of Chicago, and other noted liberals are TEACHING racism and discrimination
    as simply being a matter of course. *That* is the point.

This sucks. What will the kids think? And the democrats cheer.
    What "racism"?

Of course, "it's the point" when you accuse someone of acting "racist" to show that they aren't by the standard definition of the word.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '21 01:19
    @no1marauder said
    Whatever happened to my advantages of "connection and wealth"?

I don't like the term "white privilege" as it implies being free from invidious discrimination is a "privilege" rather than a right. I did not have to face roadblocks because of my "race", however, which is certainly an advantage in the US.
    Obviously you believe there is no excuse for a white person to be poor, yet there are twice as many poor white people as black.

If all white people have the advantage and all black people are being kept down, the reality we see today would be impossible.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Jun '21 01:27
    @eladar said
    Obviously you believe there is no excuse for a white person to be poor, yet there are twice as many poor white people as black.

If all white people have the advantage and all black people are being kept down, the reality we see today would be impossible.
    That's not even a Strawman Argument, it's a total red herring.

The "reality we see today" reflects a country with a lot of systemic racism as shown by many economic and social statistics. Naturally, it doesn't function in an all-encompassing manner.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '21 01:29
    @no1marauder said
    That's not even a Strawman Argument, it's a total red herring.

The "reality we see today" reflects a country with a lot of systemic racism as shown by many economic and social statistics. Naturally, it doesn't function in an all-encompassing manner.
    Today there is no systemic racism, unless you mean anti-white racism. Perhaps you had a point in the 1960's but not today.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Jun '21 01:37
    @eladar said
    Today there is no systemic racism, unless you mean anti-white racism. Perhaps you had a point in the 1960's but not today.
    That's utterly ridiculous.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Jun '21 01:38
    @eladar said
    "Since 1989, whites receive on average 36% more callbacks than African Americans, and 24% more callbacks than Latinos. We observe no change in the level of hiring discrimination against African Americans over the past 25 years, although we find modest evidence of a decline in discrimination against Latinos. Accounting for applicant education, applicant gender, study method, occupational groups, and local labor market conditions does little to alter this result. Contrary to claims of declining discrimination in American society, our estimates suggest that levels of discrimination remain largely unchanged, at least at the point of hire."

https://www.pnas.org/content/114/41/10870

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree