BBC bans white people from applying for trainee job

BBC bans white people from applying for trainee job

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
21 Jun 21

@vivify said
Who was also assassinated by whites.
Whites plural? How many whites?

Do you support what MLK said in his I have a dream speech?

rain

Moves
21 Jun 21

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
21 Jun 21

@great-king-rat said
So for the foreseeable future, white people should expect to be denied a job based on their skin colour?

Awesome. What a great direction we’re heading in!
It's almost comical the claims right wingers make.

Right now, the unemployment rate for blacks in the UK is twice that of whites (https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures.service.gov.uk/work-pay-and-benefits/unemployment-and-economic-inactivity/unemployment/latest) yet here we have you moaning that whites will be unable to get any jobs because of "discrimination".

Pathetic.

E

Moves
21 Jun 21

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Funny how you can side step the question, as well as throw false accusations at a person.

Say it is not so on an internet board.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
21 Jun 21

@great-king-rat said
Racism is the belief that groups of humans possess different behavioral traits corresponding to physical appearance and can be divided based on the superiority of one race over another.[1][2][3][4] It may also mean prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against other people because they are of a different ethnicity.
Well thanks but I already said that.

The BBC remedial measures are to solve a problem caused by racism; they aren't "racism".

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
21 Jun 21

@eladar said
Funny how you can side step the question, as well as throw false accusations at a person.

MLK:

""Whenever the issue of compensatory treatment for the Negro is raised, some of our friends recoil in horror. The Negro should be granted equality, they agree; but he should ask nothing more. On the surface, this appears reasonable, but it is not realistic.""

""A society that has done something special against the Negro for hundreds of years must now do something special for the Negro."

"Haley then asks: "Do you feel it's fair to request a multibillion-dollar program of preferential treatment for the Negro, or for any other minority group?"

King: "I do indeed. Can any fair-minded citizen deny that the Negro has been deprived? Few people reflect that for two centuries the Negro was enslaved, and robbed of any wages--potential accrued wealth which would have been the legacy of his descendants. All of America's wealth today could not adequately compensate its Negroes for his centuries of exploitation and humiliation. It is an economic fact that a program such as I propose would certainly cost far less than any computation of two centuries of unpaid wages plus accumulated interest. In any case, I do not intend that this program of economic aid should apply only to the Negro; it should benefit the disadvantaged of all races."

rain

Moves
21 Jun 21

@eladar said

I didn't side-step your question. MLK dreamed of a world where everyone is equal. We are not in that world. Hence, what the BBC did. Closing the gap between POC and whites that was caused by racism, is a step toward that world.

D

Moves
21 Jun 21
2 edits

@vivify said
You have to first undo decades of POC being denied jobs based on skin color. One way, is what the BBC is doing.
Oh puh-leeze, POC have been given preference in hiring and advancement (especially in Civil Service/Govt jobs) for almost 40 years, and look what's brought us.

Moves
21 Jun 21
1 edit

@no1marauder
...and blacks voted for him (Obama) at a 95% clip. I'm sure that had nothing to do with the color of his skin...

E

Moves
21 Jun 21

@vivify said
I didn't side-step your question. MLK dreamed of a world where everyone is equal. We are not in that world. Hence, what the BBC did. Closing the gap between POC and whites that was caused by racism, is a step toward that world.
Do or do you not agree with MLK in his I have a dream speech.

It is a simple yes or no quesiton.

D

Moves
21 Jun 21

@liljo said
@no1marauder
...and blacks voted for him at a 95% clip. I'm sure that had nothing to do with the color of his skin...
There were many precincts with 15-20 thousand voters where Obama won ONE HUNDRED PERCENT of the votes, with not a single vote for his opponent..
That is when I questioned how honest our election process was.
Even in Detroit or Baltimore, there must have been one or two weirdos that voted for McCain in 2008.....or Romney four years later.

rain

Moves
21 Jun 21

@dood111 said
Oh puh-leeze, POC have been given preference in hiring and advancement (especially in Civil Service/Govt jobs) for almost 40 years, and look what's brought us.
Systemic racism still exists. Thus, you have no point.

rain

Moves
21 Jun 21

@eladar said
Do or do you not agree with MLK in his I have a dream speech.

It is a simple yes or no quesiton.
No1 just posted a quoted from King as agreeing with measures like what the BBC did. You have no point here.

E

Moves
21 Jun 21
2 edits

@vivify
So you disagree with MLK if you believe there is systematic racism? And you claim MLK is a hyporcrite. Perhaps you are correct.

rain

Moves
21 Jun 21

@eladar said
@vivify
So you disagree with MLK if you believe there is systematic racism? And you claim MLK is a hyporcrite. Perhaps you are correct.
Remember just a few posts ago when you complained about being called a racist? Keep your mouth closed next time and just accept it.

Helping POC move up in a world where they've been held down doesn't contradict any of King's beliefs.