"China to overtake US as world's biggest economy by 2028, report predicts"

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
27 Dec 20

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Oh here we go again with the pro-Chinese, anti-Indian racist rhetoric!

Oh. It wasn’t racist? Well neither are my bloody comments. Moron.

D

Moves
27 Dec 20
1 edit

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
27 Dec 20

Well, with a population of more than a billion, I’m pretty sure you can find “some”
Indians who will say whatever one wants to have said.

Anyhoo, which weaknesses in the Indian State are you referring to?

You can’t compare Kerala to the North West.
Or do you mean the lack of centralized authority? Much like the US?

D

Moves
27 Dec 20
2 edits

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
27 Dec 20

China is responsible for the global pandemic, they should pay all countries an annual penalty until it is over.

D

Moves
27 Dec 20
2 edits

D

Moves
27 Dec 20

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
27 Dec 20
1 edit

No he didn’t but that’s exactly what your trying to do, criticism of china’s one party state is not criticism of the Chinese.
Homogenising a group of people based on ethnicity is the first step in the dehumanising process that all racism springs from.
Shav does it with the English and Americans quite a lot ( I think he’s half joking ) but I’ve never seen him apply it to the Chinese or anyone else. You on the other hand employ the tactic of homogenisation to Westerners which is as ridiculous and ignorant as me lumping all easterners into a homogeneous and hateful mass.
Let’s face it duchess your a racist who just happens to be of Chinese descent.

D

Moves
27 Dec 20
4 edits

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
27 Dec 20
1 edit

It’s no good quoting a white man that seems to disagree with this white man, that’s just two white men disagreeing which proves my point about the homogenisation of hugely diverse groups.
“ So would Kevcvs57 deny that it's possible to state accurately that MOST German in 1939
had some anti-Jewish bias (given years of exposure to Nazi propaganda)?
I could cite some individual Germans who fought against Nazi anti-Semitism, but
the existence of an exceptional minority does not disprove the general assertion.”
I would neither deny or confirm that MOST Germans were anti Semitic in 1939 but it’s fair to say that the whole of Western Europe had exhibited horrendous levels of anti semitism for hundreds of years leading up to 1939 which made the Jews a convenient enemy within for the NAZI’s.
But I do not believe that MOST white people or westerners as you like to call them are racist today. For sure some are, just as some Asian, African and wherever countries are host to a racist minority. People are a bit racist there’s no getting away from it. That does not justify your strategy of constantly singling out one race for vilification. If you see an actual racist post duchess by all means call it out but don’t prejudge posters based on your perception of their skin colour because that’s racism.

A

RSA

Moves
28 Dec 20
4 edits

Of the world's 6 habitable continents, 3 have been almost completely erased of their original cultures, languages, and people, and replaced with the descendants of European colonists. Europeans spent centuries inflicting every kind of horror imaginable upon almost everyone else in the world. Within the lifetime of my parents, much of Africa and parts of the rest of the world were still under brutal colonial rule, and Europeans often didn't leave willingly - indeed, they no longer had the resources after nearly destroying themselves in "World Wars" that, with only a few exceptions, only became so because they had the rest of the world under their thumb. Even post-independence, European countries (not content with their prior levels of plunder) have meddled in their former colonies and played people off against each other in a bid to extract whatever else of value that they could.

I wonder how Europeans would feel if Europe had been invaded by Native Americans, Africans, Asians, or Australians, had their cities razed, people brutally murdered and enslaved, their lands stripped of their cultural treasures and mineral wealth and their languages wiped from history to the point at which there were only a few sparse pockets of Europeans left. Oh, rinse and repeat.

Even now, they are engaging in exclusionary policies that discriminate against people and goods from my country - whose bones paved their roads and blood helped keep their freedom - to try and keep us down for as long as possible. They have spent one thousand years tormenting Jewish people and doing their utmost to wipe them from the face of the planet - if we're honest, Germany's final solution was only the cherry on the top and they were far from the only guilty party. Some of my great-grandparents fled the Baltic states in terror, leaving everything behind to start a new life from scratch in Africa. Their families did not survive. Even today, despite everything, anti-semitism is alive and well in Europe.

Let us not excuse Europeans from a sense of superiority and entitlement. If you were to ask ordinary Europeans whom they think is "the worst", I guarantee that an overwhelming majority would answer America or China. They are history's worst criminals by a country mile, yet they think they are the best with a conviction matching or exceeding that of any American patriot. They think that because they are now declawed kittens, that about anybody else shares this view or has forgotten what they have done.

When Europeans brag about the beauty of their cities; the canals of Venice, I can only think of the beauty of Tenochtitlán, and how the lush Anahuac Valley is now a heavily polluted, desiccated dustbowl. When Europeans hail the Palace of Versailles, I am drawn to the Old Summer Palace and how, in the decades following China's brutal exploitation, much of its cultural splendour was destroyed.

Europeans should be less surprised that their ideas of watching the rest of the world destroy itself so that they can emerge, phoenix from the ashes, to their rightful place as rulers of the world go down like a lead balloon.

D

Moves
28 Dec 20

D

Moves
28 Dec 20

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
28 Dec 20

@ashiitaka said
Of the world's 6 habitable continents, 3 have been almost completely erased of their original cultures, languages, and people, and replaced with the descendants of European colonists. Europeans spent centuries inflicting every kind of horror imaginable upon almost everyone else in the world. Within the lifetime of my parents, much of Africa and parts of the rest of the worl ...[text shortened]... phoenix from the ashes, to their rightful place as rulers of the world go down like a lead balloon.
“ I wonder how Europeans would feel if Europe had been invaded by Native Americans, Africans, Asians, or Australians, had their cities razed, people brutally murdered and enslaved, their lands stripped of their cultural treasures and mineral wealth and their languages wiped from history to the point at which there were only a few sparse pockets of Europeans left. Oh, rinse and repeat. ”
Really hacked off but that wouldn’t make them any more racist than Europeans, it would just mean they had developed ocean going vessels, the most advanced weaponry and economies based on mineral wealth before the Europeans.
I would also like to add that many European nations, cultures and languages were also wiped out by invading Europeans.
This whole debate is coming from a racist perspective.

A

RSA

Moves
28 Dec 20

@kevcvs57 said
“ I wonder how Europeans would feel if Europe had been invaded by Native Americans, Africans, Asians, or Australians, had their cities razed, people brutally murdered and enslaved, their lands stripped of their cultural treasures and mineral wealth and their languages wiped from history to the point at which there were only a few sparse pockets of Europeans left. Oh, rinse a ...[text shortened]... s were also wiped out by invading Europeans.
This whole debate is coming from a racist perspective.
Really hacked off but that wouldn’t make them any more racist than Europeans, it would just mean they had developed ocean going vessels, the most advanced weaponry and economies based on mineral wealth before the Europeans.

I see. So inventing better weapons is justification enough to use them, wipe out three continents worth of cultures and occupy the other two. And of course, criticising this is "racist".

Talk about a fragile ego.