I can’t call anyone an idiot anymore!

I can’t call anyone an idiot anymore!

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
06 Jul 20

@no1marauder

So, just to clarify.

Do you think the Warrington bombings were (a) misguided, or (b) not.

No need for any long winded explanation. Just go for a or b.

Moves
06 Jul 20

@no1marauder said
Than don't discuss it anymore if it hurts your feelings to do so.

That is real history, not the propaganda you peddle.
First quoted sentence. Bizarre. Where did I say it 'hurt my feelings'??

Second - what propaganda do you feel I 'peddle'? I haven't said much at all about the 'troubles', apart from being very critical of the Warrington bombing.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
06 Jul 20

@blood-on-the-tracks said
@no1marauder

So, just to clarify.

Do you think the Warrington bombings were (a) misguided, or (b) not.

No need for any long winded explanation. Just go for a or b.
No, I won't play by such rules.

The discussion was about the claim that the IRA were "terrorists" with the only evidence given the Warrington bombing (obviously not the one at the gas storage facility but in front of the Boots and McDonald's). IF the IRA gave the specific warnings it claims, then the action was a justifiable one under the rules of war and not a targeting of civilians (will you concede that?).

IF the warnings were as vague as the police and security forces claim, it was reckless behavior on the part of the IRA.

I don't have enough information to judge which is true.

D

Moves
06 Jul 20

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
06 Jul 20

Second - what propaganda do you feel I 'peddle'? I haven't said much at all about the 'troubles', apart from being very critical of the Warrington bombing.
The posts are deleted but you claimed the IRA were "terrorists".

That is propaganda.

Moves
06 Jul 20
1 edit

@no1marauder said
The posts are deleted but you claimed the IRA were "terrorists".

That is propaganda.
From when? Absolute nonsense

I see you ignore the first bit of nonsense

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
06 Jul 20

From when? Absolute nonsense

I see you ignore the first bit of nonsense
From the thread in "Site Announcements".

That was the entire issue; it's frustrating that the entire thread has been removed and all the posts deleted even from the Search function.

Of course, if you now want to concede the IRA weren't terrorists, then the discussion is moot.

D

Moves
06 Jul 20

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
06 Jul 20

BOT: "then there is no further productive discussion to be had."

Hurt feelings, stubbornness, closed mindedness, call it what you will. You evinced a disinclination to discuss the matter at all because I don't agree with you.

Moves
06 Jul 20
1 edit

@no1marauder said
No, I won't play by such rules.

The discussion was about the claim that the IRA were "terrorists" with the only evidence given the Warrington bombing (obviously not the one at the gas storage facility but in front of the Boots and McDonald's). IF the IRA gave the specific warnings it claims, then the action was a justifiable one under the rules of war and not a target ...[text shortened]... reckless behavior on the part of the IRA.

I don't have enough information to judge which is true.
I don't have time to be drawn into an IRA discussion now.

But...the IRA warnings (at best) seem to have been a 'game' of 'find where we are talking about'

Did they say 'there is a bomb in the shopping precinct at Warrington'?I

In any case, as you will have guessed, I prefer to believe the police etc version.

To change tack a little, what 'act of war' targets Warrington shopping mall? Had YOU ever heard of Warrington? It is a small place in NW England

Anyways, you start the IRA thread, and we can chat tomorrow

Moves
06 Jul 20
2 edits

@no1marauder said
BOT: "then there is no further productive discussion to be had."

Hurt feelings, stubbornness, closed mindedness, call it what you will. You evinced a disinclination to discuss the matter at all because I don't agree with you.
That will be BOTT, please

No further discussion. You are intransigent. No hurt feelings. Just a waste of time.

(Explains why 'hurt feelings' is wrong)

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
06 Jul 20

Posts and threads regarding the Palestinian issue on this board long predate Duchess' infestation of it. MANY posters here have strongly supported that struggle and infantile, grandiose claims are typical of her style but she and Finnegan were no stronger supporters of that struggle than many here. I believe for a while we even had a Palestinian poster on Debates who's name escapes me at the moment.

Of course, that the sainted Finnegan would call someone else an "armchair terrorist" while he supported the Palestinian struggle, which has often used force including against civilians, is hypocritical.

Moves
06 Jul 20
2 edits

@no1marauder said
From the thread in "Site Announcements".

That was the entire issue; it's frustrating that the entire thread has been removed and all the posts deleted even from the Search function.

Of course, if you now want to concede the IRA weren't terrorists, then the discussion is moot.
I am 100% certain that I did not type a few days ago, 'the IRA were / are territorists

Sorry that I cannot prove that by retrieving the 'lost tapes'

Anyway, start the thread. Let's see where it goes

D

Moves
06 Jul 20

D

Moves
06 Jul 20