1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Dec '17 22:37
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    Medicare tax payment is not mandatory for all!
    By that logic, no tax levied on earnings is mandatory.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Dec '17 22:39
    When ACA was passed they called the mandate a "penalty" because a tax has to be voted on. Congress is the only way a tax can be levied. Congress never authorized that "tax".

The SCOTUS changed the wording to tax AFTER aca had passed. It is unconstitutional on those grounds alone. Read the entire article...don't just cherry pick...makes you look inferior

BTW...paying subsidies in states that didn't expand Medicare is also illegal.
    Maybe when you get to the SCOTUS, you can correct them but they have already ruled against both the arguments you made in this post.
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    21 Dec '17 22:48
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Maybe when you get to the SCOTUS, you can correct them but they have already ruled against both the arguments you made in this post.
    smarting are you... LOL
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 Dec '17 22:49
    The SCOTUS changed the wording to tax AFTER aca had passed. It is unconstitutional on those grounds alone.
    "It is unconstitutional on those grounds alone."

Not according to the Supreme Court.
  5. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    21 Dec '17 22:54
    Originally posted by @vivify
    "It is unconstitutional on those grounds alone."

Not according to the Supreme Court.
    just hasn't went before them yet...

https://www.newsmax.com/Finance/Elias/ACA-Obamacare-unconstitutional-court/2013/12/20/id/542977/
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Dec '17 00:14
    just hasn't went before them yet...

https://www.newsmax.com/Finance/Elias/ACA-Obamacare-unconstitutional-court/2013/12/20/id/542977/
    Try to use more recent links.
  7. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    22 Dec '17 00:20
    Originally posted by @eladar
    So you think that Obama was wrong when he claimed the mandate was required for Obama Care to work.
    I have no idea. Finding out what motivates people is a mystery to me.
  8. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    22 Dec '17 00:23
    smarting are you... LOL
    I don't know if you're aware of this mott, but no1marauder is a pretty sharp lawyer, and knows at least as much about this as you do. Sometimes, even more! 😲
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '17 02:45
    Originally posted by @mchill
    I have no idea. Finding out what motivates people is a mystery to me.
    Oh, I thought you said Obama Care didn't need the whip we call the mandate.
  10. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    22 Dec '17 03:24
    Oh, I thought you said Obama Care didn't need the whip we call the mandate.
    Sorry, but you thought wrong.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '17 22:24
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Sorry, but you thought wrong.
    So now you think Obama Care does need the mandate so now that the mandate is gone so is obama care.
  12. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    23 Dec '17 13:00
    So now you think Obama Care does need the mandate so now that the mandate is gone so is obama care.
    Yes...for all intents and purposes ACA is being phased out. The liberals here think because it doesn't happen in one fell swoop it isn't, but it is. They often are detached from reality.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Dec '17 13:101 edit
    I never thought the individual mandate was desirable or necessary and I suspect that the ACA can survive its demise if the Trump administration stops trying to sabotage it by other means.
    Not only was it a bad idea, it was a horrible idea having the criminal organization, known as the IRS, in control of it considering they just lost a law suit to conservatives regarding targeting them come tax time.

Just imagine not being able to get that bypass surgery cuz of their politics.

It's just too bad that the court case proceedings are sealed. Apparently those in the IRS fear for their lives if people find out just how corrupt they are.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Dec '17 14:30
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Not only was it a bad idea, it was a horrible idea having the criminal organization, known as the IRS, in control of it considering they just lost a law suit to conservatives regarding targeting them come tax time.

Just imagine not being able to get that bypass surgery cuz of their politics.

It's just too bad that the court case proceedings are sealed. Apparently those in the IRS fear for their lives if people find out just how corrupt they are.
    Your post doesn't make any sense, but that is typical. Congress imposed a tax; who else BUT the IRS was supposed to enforce it? And how, pray tell, could enforcing the mandate have anything to do with "not get[ting] that bypass surgery"?
  15. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    23 Dec '17 15:22
    Your post doesn't make any sense, but that is typical. Congress imposed a tax; who else BUT the IRS was supposed to enforce it? And how, pray tell, could enforcing the mandate have anything to do with "not get[ting] that bypass surgery"?
    WRONG...congress did not impose a tax, the ACA law included a penalty, not a tax. SCOTUS rewrote (illegally) the law.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree