1. Pepperland
    Moves
    14 Sep '09 16:18
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    I am from the South by the Grace of God. I do not support segregation. I DO support the Confederate flag flying wherever the majority of the people want it to fly--heck Mississippi's STATE FLAG has the Stars and Bars embedded in it!
    are you also a bible thumper?
  2. weedhopper
    Moves
    14 Sep '09 18:26
    Originally posted by badmoon
    WE are all from immigrants, mate. Few at all had legal papers when they arrived.

We are all the same in the eyes of God. Even a southern dixie God.
    There are two "worlds" we live in: the spiritual and the secular. Even the Bible tells us to abide by the laws of our governments (unless they confict with God's law). And therefore, illegal immigrants are criminals, by definition. I quite agree: We ARE all eqwual in the eyes of God. But in the eyes of our judicial system, we are not.
  3. weedhopper
    Moves
    14 Sep '09 18:26
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    are you also a bible thumper?
    never thumped a Bible, a tub, a marble, or any other thumpable object that I know of.🙂
  4. weedhopper
    Moves
    14 Sep '09 18:30
    Originally posted by whodey
    Building a wall to keep out illegals is ridiculously expensive? So is building a wall around New Orleans to protect it against a future Kartrina, which will inevitably happen. In the interim, however, we will just sit back and let things fall as they may until the city is in the midst of another crisis. Hopefully, when it eventually hits it will have been more cost effective to just ignore the problem altogether rather than fix it properly.
    No, the answer to New Orleans is dirt simple: bulldoze it and build it back in a reasonable location--preferably ABOVE sea level. Who was the idiot who decided "Hmmm, this is a good place to build a city; I can look UP and see the tide come in..."
  5. Pepperland
    Moves
    14 Sep '09 18:30
    There are two "worlds" we live in: the spiritual and the secular. Even the Bible tells us to abide by the laws of our governments (unless they confict with God's law). And therefore, illegal immigrants are criminals, by definition. I quite agree: We ARE all eqwual in the eyes of God. But in the eyes of our judicial system, we are not.
    racist!

(sarcasm)
  6. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    14 Sep '09 18:32
    Originally posted by badmoon
    WE are all from immigrants, mate. Few at all had legal papers when they arrived.

We are all the same in the eyes of God. Even a southern dixie God.
    Beautiful. Tears are welling up in my eyes as I read your poetic take; and it's not just the onion I'm dicing.

But, what does that mean in real life? Does that mean we are not allowed to enforce our immigration laws as they currently exist?
  7. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    14 Sep '09 18:38
    No, the answer to New Orleans is dirt simple: bulldoze it and build it back in a reasonable location--preferably ABOVE sea level. Who was the idiot who decided "Hmmm, this is a good place to build a city; I can look UP and see the tide come in..."
    The answer is simple:

1) Dig a trench along the border with Mexico

2) Take the dirt and use it to reinforce the New Orleans levies and you can build walls all along the Gulf coast in vulnerable areas

3) Channel the rising water caused by global warming to fill up the trench dug in sentence 1, above

4) Take the crocodiles that are causing trouble in Florida (http://www.nationalwildlife.org/nationalwildlife/article.cfm?issueID=82&articleID=493) and put them in the new moat along the Mexican border.

Presto. We solve all out problems with one fell swoop!

😀
  8. weedhopper
    Moves
    14 Sep '09 18:49
    Originally posted by sh76
    The answer is simple:

2) Take the dirt and use it to reinforce the New Orleans levies and you can build walls all along the Gulf coast in vulnerable areas

3) Channel the rising water caused by global warming to fill up the trench dug in sentence 1, above

4) Take the crocodiles that are causing trouble in ...[text shortened]... moat along the Mexican border.

😀
    You have a gift for logic, Grasshopper. 😏
  9. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    14 Sep '09 20:24
    Originally posted by sh76
    The answer is simple:

4) Take the crocodiles that are causing trouble in ...[text shortened]... moat along the Mexican border.

😀
    Can we have sharks with laserguns on their backs in there?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree