1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '09 23:00
    Originally posted by telerion
    Wait. Are you upset about illegal aliens purchasing healthcare or with them purchasing [I]subsidized[/I] healthcare?
    I don't know about anyone else, but illegal alone is enough to upset
    me. I know more than a few working here that are putting in effort to
    stay legal and to anyone just blow off the laws of the land while others
    are putting in such effort to do it all right is sickening.
    Kelly
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '09 23:01
    Originally posted by whodey
    So what are they proposing on doing with the illegals? Turn them away?
    Send them back to where they are legal would be a good thing.
    Kelly
  3. weedhopper
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 02:16
    Originally posted by eljefejesus
    Question is, has carolina changed?[/b]
    I can only say, "I sure hope not."
  4. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 13:16
    Originally posted by whodey
    I miss the days when they had duels. You know, Joe and Obama walk twenty paces and BANG!! Either way we win.

It might be a solution to term limits since they will never have any.
    You must be pretty old, man. I don't think that've had vioence in the Congress since the 1850's
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 14:51
    You call Mexicans people who have babies at 16 and make other racist generalizations and you are complaining about "the race card?" If you say something racist, it's not the race card being used against you. It's pointing out racist, hateful attitudes you should not be propagating without a response.

It is you who are pushing emotional and fallaciou ...[text shortened]... em with civil rights organizations are, and they are that they defend from your attacks.
    What attacks are you talking about. You call the mere pointing out of facts an attack? Pretty thin skinned indeed! Immigrants' behaviors are not my fault but theirs. Have you seen the stats on repeat teen pregnancies. Do you think statisticians have some nebulous incentive to point out the ethnicity of the culprits? Thankfully not everyone is deluded like you. The racial make up of people who are burdens on the tax system is irrelevant in the end since we pay out the nose regardless of race. To further bankrupt the system by adding 17M who would get even more freebies is simply selling out our children's future. I would no more support such a drag on the economy were these 17M illegals of European origin.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 17:00
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Immigrants' behaviors are not my fault but theirs.
    Well, apparantly Obama agrees with you....at least by what he says, but we know better than to believe him don't we?
  7. Pepperland
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 17:16
    I'm glad Joe Wilson was roundly rejected by his own party.

It's not good for the country or for Hispanics for the Republicans to become so marginalized in society and from Hispanics for extremism and stupidity.

Joe Wilson is both extreme and stupid... and extremely stupid.

I mean, come on, "you lie?"
    Did he decide against the more diplomatic "l ...[text shortened]... source... no an exclusive source of all evel at any and all long-term political costs.
    Yeah, joe wilson is stupid, but Im surprised by the way you continue to support illegals.
  8. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 21:03
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I don't know about anyone else, but illegal alone is enough to upset
    me. I know more than a few working here that are putting in effort to
    stay legal and to anyone just blow off the laws of the land while others
    are putting in such effort to do it all right is sickening.
    Kelly
    By putting in effort to stay legal what do you mean? You exclude people who overstayed their Visa and didn't have the luxury or time to wait for the years and thousands of dollars of barriers to participate in the demand for their labor?7 It's called supply, demand, and extreme artificial barriers affecting groups who have had a long history of cooperation across neighboring borders.
  9. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 21:05
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    I can only say, "I sure hope not."
    What can I can but if you support segregation and racism, shame on you. Are you from the South or why else would you hope the confederate attitudes hadn't changed?
  10. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 21:09
    What attacks are you talking about. You call the mere pointing out of facts an attack? Pretty thin skinned indeed! Immigrants' behaviors are not my fault but theirs. Have you seen the stats on repeat teen pregnancies. Do you think statisticians have some nebulous incentive to point out the ethnicity of the culprits? Thankfully not everyone is deluded li ...[text shortened]... I would no more support such a drag on the economy were these 17M illegals of European origin.
    Cite your source for the stats and I'll explain why your over-generalizations are sinister racism. That's like saying more child molesters statistically are natives so therefore, generalizing accordingly...
  11. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 21:11
    What attacks are you talking about. You call the mere pointing out of facts an attack? Pretty thin skinned indeed! Immigrants' behaviors are not my fault but theirs. Have you seen the stats on repeat teen pregnancies. Do you think statisticians have some nebulous incentive to point out the ethnicity of the culprits? Thankfully not everyone is deluded li ...[text shortened]... I would no more support such a drag on the economy were these 17M illegals of European origin.
    By the way, if you believe that low populations lead to wealth, have you ever thought of moving to one of those low-population south carolina towns just to see if you're right at least on this generalization?
  12. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 21:11
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    Yeah, joe wilson is stupid, but Im surprised by the way you continue to support illegals.
    Support or defend from unfair to down-right racist attacks like Schia-patsy's?
  13. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 21:41
    By putting in effort to stay legal what do you mean? You exclude people who overstayed their Visa and didn't have the luxury or time to wait for the years and thousands of dollars of barriers to participate in the demand for their labor?7 It's called supply, demand, and extreme artificial barriers affecting groups who have had a long history of cooperation across neighboring borders.
    Definitely agree that there is a supply/demand problem. It's always struck me as ironic that the right wing which is usually decries government interference in markets vehemently supports severe regulation in this case.

That said, there are some concerns with the drug war spilling into southern cali, arizona, and texas. I would lean towards a Bush approach: expanded guest worker program, path to citizenship for current illegal aliens, and stronger control on the border (though not a giant wall, that's ridiculously expensive.)
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 21:541 edit
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    Was Joe stupid? After thinking about this a bit more, I have come to the conclusion that, although it was not a "nice" thing to do, Joe would never have gotten his message across very effectively any other way. In fact, I'm thinking that they should propose a "Joe Wilson bill" in which someone screams, "LIAR, LIAR, PANTS ON FIRE!!", every time politicians get up to speak and proclaim obvious lies.

As for supporting illegals, why shouldn't he? After all, our government does the same.
  15. weedhopper
    Moves
    14 Sep '09 01:08
    What can I can but if you support segregation and racism, shame on you. Are you from the South or why else would you hope the confederate attitudes hadn't changed?
    I am from the South by the Grace of God. I do not support segregation. I DO support the Confederate flag flying wherever the majority of the people want it to fly--heck Mississippi's STATE FLAG has the Stars and Bars embedded in it!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree