1. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    12 Aug '09 04:45
    Water was shut off to California farms because of endangered Delta Smelt Fish that need this fresh water. Should the water be shut off for the fish or should the water be turned back on for the farmers to water their crops and to employee people?
    Read information below that explains California in its state of emergency because of liberals shutting off water to our food supply just to try and protect a fish from getting caught in our drain pipes.

Unemployment rates are now 40% because of the water being shut off to farmers. Hundreds of acres of crops are now dead. 1 million acres of fields and orchards also have no aboveground water supply. People have to go to food banks for food. Fruits and vegetable prices have skyrocketed in central California.

Federal water managers cut off water to thousands of California farms as a result of Water has been cut off since March.
    Farmers in the nation's No. 1 agriculture state predicted it would cause consumers to pay more for their fruits and vegetables, which would have to be grown using expensive well water.

Environmentalists are tripping over themselves to preserve every
    species that crawls, squirms, swims or flys (sic) but they are content
    to let humans die," claimed Nunes. " And now they have a government
    that agrees with them. This Congress and our President have chosen
    fish over people in my state."

www.sodahead.com/.../water-was-shut-off-to-california-farms-because-of-endangered-delta-smelt-fish-that-need-this-fresh-wat..
  2. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    12 Aug '09 05:16
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Water was shut off to California farms because of endangered Delta Smelt Fish that need this fresh water. Should the water be shut off for the fish or should the water be turned back on for the farmers to water their crops and to employee people?
    Read information below that explains California in its state of emergency because of liberals shutting of ...[text shortened]... ut-off-to-california-farms-because-of-endangered-delta-smelt-fish-that-need-this-fresh-wat..
    Environmentalists at the top do not care about preserving anything. Getting control of the food supply for people and causing famine is more to their liking.
  3. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    12 Aug '09 05:31
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Environmentalists at the top do not care about preserving anything. Getting control of the food supply for people and causing famine is more to their liking.
    its all part of the big picture is it not? systematically dismantaling America. All these things,enviromentalist,universal health care,cap and trade,stimulas,etc, etc, seem that they are all meant to break our economy,hence bring us to our knees.
    "Ahh... your paranoid Uther" they tell me. If it was just one thing,ya. Two,maybe. But ,you keep adding them all up,look at all the coincidences, and then you will realize its all part of a much bigger picture.
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    12 Aug '09 06:44
    Read information below that explains California in its state of emergency because of liberals shutting of ...[text shortened]... ut-off-to-california-farms-because-of-endangered-delta-smelt-fish-that-need-this-fresh-wat..
    Yeah. It's a little thing called bio-diversity.

Maybe, just maybe, people shouldn't have swimming pools and heavy irrigation in desert-dry areas?
  5. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    12 Aug '09 06:52
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Yeah. It's a little thing called bio-diversity.

Maybe, just maybe, people shouldn't have swimming pools and heavy irrigation in desert-dry areas?
    we are talking about farms, fool! They got farms over there where your from? ones that arent filled w/ junkies atleast.
  6. Germany
    Moves
    12 Aug '09 07:172 edits
    we are talking about farms, fool! They got farms over there where your from? ones that arent filled w/ junkies atleast.
    Yes, but the land is actually suitable for heavy farming, being a fertile river delta.

PS: cannabis use is higher in the US than in the Netherlands.

PS2: was that fish really the only reason the water supply was reduced?
  7. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    12 Aug '09 07:36
    What sort of area are these Californian farms in?
    Is it dry, desert like land?
    I presume so, if there was enough water, then I'm sure no choice would need be made between farms and fish.

WHY THE HELL DO YOU HAVE HEAVY FARMING IN ARID PLACES?
    WHAT ON EARTH MAKES YOU THINK THAT'S A GOOD IDEA?

See? It's all so logical when you think about it clearly.
  8. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    12 Aug '09 08:11
    Extinction is forever, dunderheads. Eliminate the fish, everybody loses out, not just a few whining farmers.

A lot of people are going to have to lose their jobs to turn this muckheap of a planet around. Of course a change in priorities would also create employment opportunities. But you keep mainlining on paranoia and stupidity, you can keep whining till you die, which probably won't be too far off anyhow. Have a great life.
  9. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    12 Aug '09 08:23
    The notion that progress as understood by the West can be eternal and universal is foolish, for all production processes imply destruction of some sorts, and the environment cannot take it anymore.

Perhaps some Western societies (wink wink) have to give up their consumerist lifestyle and the whole world's approach has to shift from producing the maximum to producing the optimum.

Sustainable development, guys.
  10. Standard memberDrKF
    incipit parodia
    Moves
    12 Aug '09 09:58
    It comes accross as myopic paranoia when every single thing proposed on an environmental front is paraded as part of a conspiracy to 'bring America to its knees'. If one puts together all the supposed 'myths' and 'outright lies' paraded by those on the right, it seems we would find that there is simply no such thing as actions detrimental to the environment, or at least that the degrading of the environment is never, ever an actual problem. A curious state of affairs.

Me? I think sometimes cases are overstated, or misrepresented outside the scientific milieu in which they were formed as part of the political process... but I don't dismiss every single report on environmental concerns as part of a conspiracy, as purely politically motivated lies. That's just stupid, partisan nonsense.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '09 10:06
    Originally posted by DrKF
    It comes accross as myopic paranoia when every single thing proposed on an environmental front is paraded as part of a conspiracy to 'bring America to its knees'. [...] That's just stupid, partisan nonsense.
    Just about sums up the predominant state of play here at RHP at the moment.
  12. Standard memberDrKF
    incipit parodia
    Moves
    12 Aug '09 10:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    Just about sums up the predominant state of play here at RHP at the moment.
    Indeed. Some people are such sore losers.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Aug '09 11:06
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Extinction is forever, dunderheads. Eliminate the fish, everybody loses out, not just a few whining farmers.

A lot of people are going to have to lose their jobs to turn this muckheap of a planet around. Of course a change in priorities would also create employment opportunities. But you keep mainlining on paranoia and stupidity, you can keep whining till you die, which probably won't be too far off anyhow. Have a great life.
    If only fish could vote!!
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Aug '09 11:186 edits
    Originally posted by Seitse
    [b]The notion that progress as understood by the West can be eternal and universal is foolish, for all production processes imply destruction of some sorts, and the environment cannot take it anymore.
    What the evironment can take and cannot take is not always a clear cut matter. In fact, it reminds me of a documentary on Mount St. Helens after it erupted years ago. After the eruption scientists said that the immediate areas would remain desolate for years to come, however, the immediate area bounced back to life with amazing ease and left them spell bound. In addition, I take issue with the assumption that people will have to simply do without in favor of environmental issues. For example, lets say that the environment can no longer take oil burning cars. Do we then shift our focus to getting them off the road or do we focus on providing an alternative? Politicians without answers but only look at the problem will not be in office for long.

I take no issue with people who are mindful of the environment, however, I do take issue who place environemental issues over the extremists who are willing to harm mankind in the name of "saving the world". Guess what, what the world was made for man, not the other way round. (Now that comment should really stir the leftists hive!! LOL.) I believe we have a duty to be responsible in what we do, but in the end of the day we should not be going around having abortions in the name of reducing "carbon footprints". Those kind of people are simply mentally ill.

When it is all said and done, guess what? The world will cease to be someday and it will be by no act of conservatives. The sun will gradually expand until it engulfs this tiny little planet and it will all happen "natrually". Go figure?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '09 11:28
    Originally posted by whodey
    we should not be going around having abortions in the name of reducing "carbon footprints".
    Is that in the proposed "Obamacare" somewhere? Got a link?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree