Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    03 Jul '09 19:54
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31726640/ns/politics-more_politics

Probably intends to make it her full time job to run for President.
  2. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    03 Jul '09 20:01
    Originally posted by no1marauder

Why does she need 3+ full years to run for President?

Maybe she's quitting to be a stay at home grandma?

Personally, I hope she doesn't run. I mean, she seems like a nice person and she's hot for her age, but we already tried that mediocre intellect for President thing. This time, let's run someone a little brighter.
  3. 03 Jul '09 20:03
    wouldn't seem to be the best move to start off with.
  4. 03 Jul '09 20:04
    Originally posted by sh76

Personally, I hope she doesn't run. I mean, she seems like a nice person and she's hot for her age, but we already tried that mediocre intellect for President thing. This time, let's run someone a little brighter.
    we already tried the hopeful charisma thing, too. like, in the 60's.
  5. Standard member PBE6
    Bananarama
    03 Jul '09 20:10
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    we already tried the hopeful charisma thing, too. like, in the 60's.
    I would still do her.
  6. 03 Jul '09 20:19
    Originally posted by PBE6
    I would still do her.
    These guys are nutts. We had a chance to see her more often if she won. Now we get to look at Joe Biden. Granny, what on earth did you do to him anyway?
  7. 03 Jul '09 20:41 / 1 edit
    Because she thinks it'll take that long to convince enough people to vote for her?
  8. 03 Jul '09 20:56
    Originally posted by no1marauder

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
  9. Standard member clandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    04 Jul '09 03:04
    I don't really care if she runs for president, because it seems there are enough intelligent people out there that have realised she knows nothing about the job. However, at least she can see Russia from her house!
  10. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    04 Jul '09 03:19
    Originally posted by clandarkfire
    I don't really care if she runs for president, because it seems there are enough intelligent people out there that have realised she knows nothing about the job. However, at least she can see Russia from her house!
    Sensible conservatives with an eye to the future know she can't win a general election for them. Not completing her first term as Governor has probably now sealed her unelectibility.
  11. 04 Jul '09 03:56
    Originally posted by PBE6
    I would still do her.
    glasses are hot!
  12. 04 Jul '09 03:58
    http://tinyurl.com/mxwfk5

Published: 07/3/09
    Sarah Palin to Step Down as Governor of Alaska
    By Melinda Henneberger

Another week, another on-camera breakdown by a Republican governor: In a rambling, borderline bughouse decoupage of sports metaphors and intimations that the forces of darkness were running her out of public life, Sarah Palin announced Friday that she had decided to step down as Alaska's governor, and would be leaving office on July 26.

At one point, she suggested she was quitting because people had made cruel remarks about her baby Trig, and at another, she seemed to be saying that she was being forced out for being too effective, and also because various ethics investigations into her administration were wasting public dollars. Listening to her talk in furious circles, it was hard to say whether a) some new scandal was about to break, b) she'd had enough of politics, thanks, or c) on the contrary, she was only getting started and was quitting to run for president. With a $7 million book advance and supporters who would love her regardless, she in any case didn't need the job, and my money is on d) she just plain felt like it.

13. 04 Jul '09 15:25
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    wouldn't seem to be the best move to start off with.
    true. but I think it was unfair how the media insisted on commenting on her private life and her family, she was bullied.

She wasn't bright, but that doesn't justify the treatment she received from the media.
  14. 04 Jul '09 15:37 / 8 edits

WHy does she need 3 years to run for President? He was making fun of her sh76. It is attacks such as this that perhaps she wants to be free. I just can't decide if the far left is really afraid of her despit their efforts to paint her as stupid, but then, as the continued attacks keep flying I tend to think they are. In fact, they do this with ALL their opponents if you have noticed. I would say that McCain was an exception in this regarnd, however, they instead painted him as doddery and a "W" clone. The funny thing is, it would appear that Obama is the "W" clone as he continues his crazy spending and bailing out companies etc. In fact, not much has really changed since he left office its just on a grander scale.
  15. Standard member MacSwain
    Who is John Galt?
    04 Jul '09 15:40 / 1 edit
    but we already tried that mediocre intellect for President thing.
    You are being very harsh! After all, he has served only 5 months. He should be able to drop the teleprompter, stop pre-screening journalist's questions and develop the ability to speak from his own beliefs soon enough.....Well, perhaps.

You should take a 'wait and see' stance and see if he is able to improve before issuing a blanket comdemnation of his "mediocre intellect." Tsk, tsk!