Palin Resigning as Governor

Palin Resigning as Governor

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K

Germany

Moves
27 Jul 09

Originally posted by FMF
Just heard Sarah Palin on the radio, making her resignation speech, saying that the way the media treated her was a betrayal of all the U.S. servicemen and women who'd died in America's wars.
Wow. That is both pretentious and offensive.

F

Moves
27 Jul 09

Originally posted by sh76
Oh, Jeez!

This is going to get embarrassing for us Republicans. Anyone have a mute button handy?

Did she really use the word "betrayal" or are you paraphrasing?
I am not trying to be devious. I just this minute heard it and I typed my post. Let me listen again. It's an podcast. I'll transcribe. Wait a sec.

g

Pepperland

Moves
27 Jul 09

Originally posted by FMF
How is the fact that you don't follow interesting for us?
it is interesting because I usually do follow.

tell me, do you have a source to back up your statement, or are you making it up?

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
27 Jul 09
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I am not trying to be devious. I just this minute heard it and I typed my post. Let me listen again. It's an podcast. I'll transcribe. Wait a sec.
I know. I know.

I was just hoping.

I get the feeling that Gov. Palin might be a source of embarrassment to Republicans for the next few years. I hope she has a good time on the lecture circuit and the media gets bored following her.

Fat chance that will happen though...

F

Moves
27 Jul 09
1 edit

"You [the media] represent what could and should be an honest and respected profession. That could and should be a cornerstone of our democracy. Democracy depends on you. And that is why our troops are willing to die for you. So, how about - in honour of the American soldier - yeah - quit making things up."

So I stand by my rather brash paraphrasing, then. 😏

F

Moves
27 Jul 09

Originally posted by generalissimo
tell me, do you have a source to back up your statement, or are you making it up?
You're a boring broken record.

g

Pepperland

Moves
27 Jul 09

Originally posted by FMF
You're a boring broken record.
oh no!

stop it FMF, you're hurting my feelings.

M
Who is John Galt?

Taggart Comet

Moves
27 Jul 09

Originally posted by FMF
"You [the media] represent what could and should be an honest and respected profession. That could and should be a cornerstone of our democracy. Democracy depends on you. And that is why our troops are willing to die for you. So, how about - in honour of the American soldier - yeah - quit making things up."

Sorry - I have a problem matching your paraphrasing with your transcribed post. Mainly, (if your transcription is complete) It cannot be seen where she said anything about her treatment by the media. It appears some editorial liberties were taken with your first ad-lib.

1st Post (paraphrased)
“saying that the way the media treated her was a betrayal of all the U.S. servicemen and women who'd died in America's wars.”

2d Post (transcribed)

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
27 Jul 09

Originally posted by FMF

my god, she actually tried to invoke Kennedy's speech there but made a mess out of it. Whoever writes this stuff for her should be shot. What's that? It was her own writing? Oh dear.

d

Moves
27 Jul 09

Originally posted by uzless
my god, she actually tried to invoke Kennedy's speech there but made a mess out of it. Whoever writes this stuff for her should be shot. What's that? It was her own writing? Oh dear.
She's was a good governor, but you may not think that, if you've been watching the liberal news...

b

lazy boy derivative

Moves
27 Jul 09
1 edit

I can honestly understand some of her appeal. She invokes a independant or even maverick charm. But she really has to develope her thought some more. Sorry but she's not ready to run the show. Quitting mid-term is also a large issue.

I wouldn't count her out, though. US politics has quite a history of come backs.

Yes I do find her attactive as well and that is indeed part of her current charm.

She had a great line that she used recently - only dead fish go with the flow -

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
27 Jul 09

Originally posted by badmoon
I can honestly understand some of her appeal. She invokes a independant or even maverick charm. But she really has to develope her thought some more. Sorry but she's not ready to run the show. Quitting mid-term is also a large issue.

I wouldn't count her out, though. US politics has quite a history of come backs.

Yes I do find her attactive a ...[text shortened]... rent charm.

She had a great line that she used recently - only dead fish go with the flow -
The only major problem with Palin is that, and I really hate to put it this way as it may sound condescending...

she's really just not that bright.

K

Germany

Moves
27 Jul 09

The only major problem with Palin is that, and I really hate to put it this way as it may sound condescending...

It is condescending. But rightly so.

Hy-Brasil

Moves
27 Jul 09

I strongly disagree w/that statement. I would like to hear your reasons why you feel that way.

M
Who is John Galt?

Taggart Comet

Moves
28 Jul 09
1 edit

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=51610&print=on

If you are correct concerning Palin's "brightness", (but - as I remember she had the upper hand in her head to head debate with J. Biden - of course against him it was no test) what difference does it make?

I don't know what your congressmen do, but by Conyers confession, they don't bother reading legislation because they aren't "bright" enough to understand it.

Which begs the question..Who WRITES the legislation? Obviously it is not elected representatives. It is persons not elected -- over which you have no control.

After the Conyers revelation - Why is it a topic of concern for you how "bright" any candidate is?

As an aside: I know why Palin has appeal to rank and file - same reason elitists seem to hate her. She is frank, open, and unpackaged. She displays common sense which is the most un-common sense of all. Her "brightness" yet remains to be seen.