Palin Resigning as Governor

Palin Resigning as Governor

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e

Moves
06 Jul 09

Originally posted by sh76
Well, yeah; O'Reilly-Obama was a pitched battle, not an ambush.

Watching Palin and Couric or Palin in general, do you think she could have stood up to a guy like O'Reilly as effectively as Obama did?

I doubt it.
Nope, I agree about that one.

e

Moves
06 Jul 09

Originally posted by PsychoPawn
I agree that she needled her and and asked her follow up questions, but do you ask follow up questions or needle someone if they give a great answer?

For the most part I thought Couric's interview was pretty soft-ball for any semi-experienced politician who was up to speed on current events. I just found it odd when some people claimed the questions w ...[text shortened]... when I would have thought some politicians would have loved to have gotten that same interview.
Softball?

Bull sh...

F

Moves
06 Jul 09

Politics is politics. I thought it was a good speech. I don't mean that endorse all ideas in it. You have to take into account the context when judging a speech.
Well I did take into account the context when judging it. It was a good speech but you don't endorse all its ideas? That's a kind of evasive answer to a pretty specific question: weren't you uncomfortable with the calculatedly divisive 'this is real America' and 'they're not the real Americans' type stuff on Palin's part?

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
06 Jul 09
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Well I did take into account the context when judging it. It was a good speech but you don't endorse all its ideas? That's a kind of evasive answer to a pretty specific question: weren't you uncomfortable with the calculatedly divisive 'this is real America' and 'they're not the real Americans' type stuff on Palin's part?
I don't remember it that specifically. It was almost a year ago. I'd have to re-read the transcript to answer that question.

P

Moves
06 Jul 09

Originally posted by eljefejesus
Softball?

Bull sh...
Yeah, questions like "what newspapers do you read" and "what do you think about the economic stimulus" are such a hard hitting questions.

F

Moves
06 Jul 09

I don't remember it that specifically. It was almost a year ago. I'd have to re-read the transcript to answer that question.
You don't remember that specifically? It was the poison that lay at the heart of her schtick. It was what powered the bandwaggon. You don't remember it? Are you serious? You'd have to re-read the transcript to answer that question?

F

Moves
06 Jul 09
1 edit

..."what newspapers do you read?" ... "what do you think about the economic stimulus?" ...
"Ambush! Ambush!" © eljefejesus and sh76

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
06 Jul 09
1 edit

Yeah, questions like "what newspapers do you read" and "what do you think about the economic stimulus" are such a hard hitting questions.
She couldn't answer the former. So, I guess it was a tough question. 😉

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
06 Jul 09

Originally posted by FMF
You don't remember that specifically? It was the poison that lay at the heart of her schtick. It was what powered the bandwaggon. You don't remember it? Are you serious? You'd have to re-read the transcript to answer that question?
Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Is that clear enough?

By all means though, if you'd like to amp up the phraseology and re-ask the same question, please do so.

F

Moves
06 Jul 09

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Is that clear enough?

By all means though, if you'd like to amp up the phraseology and re-ask the same question, please do so.
You're not a 'one nation' American, then? You're a 'real americans' v 'unamericans' type American. But it's OK. Such things get revealed on a forume like this. Laid out. Duly noted. Remembered. You almost admitted it but then your clumsy evasions and playing of the sensititivity card have sealed it anyway.

What about that Canadian beach on D-Day? You went awfully quiet. Guess we all know what THAT means.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
06 Jul 09

Originally posted by FMF
You're not a 'one nation' American, then? You're a 'real americans' v 'unamericans' type American. But it's OK. Such things get revealed on a forume like this. Laid out. Duly noted. Remembered. You almost admitted it but then your clumsy evasions and playing of the sensititivity card have sealed it anyway.

What about that Canadian beach on D-Day? You went awfully quiet. Guess we all know what THAT means.
Your first paragraph is meaningless drivel. All you do is put words in my mouth and then criticize them. Whatever.

You got clobbered in the Canadian D-day debate. Even No1maurauder said you were wrong in that debate, for which you attacked him, of course. That was funny.

Also, it was I who posted last in that debate, not you.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=113696&page=8

See also page 6 of that thread.

I waited around for a while for your response. If you'd like to respond to my last post now, you're welcome to. Good luck in winning that debate. You don't stand a snowball's chance in Miami in July.

I'd welcome all the readers to read the whole discussion of the Canadian D-Day issue and see who "won" that debate. I truly find it odd that you'd hearken back to that of all discussions. You should reference an issue that you did better on than that.

F

Moves
27 Jul 09

Just heard Sarah Palin on the radio, making her resignation speech, saying that the way the media treated her was a betrayal of all the U.S. servicemen and women who'd died in America's wars.

g

Pepperland

Moves
27 Jul 09

Originally posted by FMF
Just heard Sarah Palin on the radio, making her resignation speech, saying that the way the media treated her was a betrayal of all the U.S. servicemen and women who'd died in America's wars.
so criticizing palin is also betraying american soldiers?

I don't follow.

F

Moves
27 Jul 09

Originally posted by generalissimo
so criticizing palin is also betraying american soldiers?

I don't follow.
How is the fact that you don't follow interesting for us?

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
27 Jul 09

Originally posted by FMF
Oh, Jeez!

This is going to get embarrassing for us Republicans. Anyone have a mute button handy?

Did she really use the word "betrayal" or are you paraphrasing?