1. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    05 Jul '09 04:07
    Originally posted by sh76
    🙂

I like Palin. I thought her speech at the GOP convention was good. But, I watched that interview with Diane Sawyer. Come on; she could not name a single newspaper that she read. I was really hoping for her to be a great candidate. I supported McCain and I was hoping she was the silver bullet. But, at some point, I had to call a spade a spade and realize s ...[text shortened]... able with him a President than with Governor Palin.

Sorry; I'm just being honest.
    "Still, Obama is a smart guy"

he claimed america created the automobile.
    I've been in 57 states, (with) I think one left to go."(may 9th)
    claimed somehow Arkansas was closer to Kentucky than Illinois.

and many more if you like 🙂
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '09 04:33
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    {Obama] claimed america created the automobile.
    I've been in 57 states, (with) I think one left to go."(may 9th)
    claimed somehow Arkansas was closer to Kentucky than Illinois.
    I have heard this kind of criticism of Obama's intelligence before.

We know that the automobile, as we now know it anyway, was first developed in Germany.

We know there are 50 states in the U.S..

We know where the various states are, including their relative positions.

Are you claiming that you are more intelligent than the president. If I know these things too, does it mean I am more intelligent than him as well?

Seeing as, say, the "57 states" thing has been repeated ad nauseam, and isn't really funny anymore (it was only a verbal flub after all), I presume you - and others who rake over these things over and over and over again - are being serious.

Are you?
  3. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '09 04:33
    Originally posted by kmax87
    Can anyone name another candidate running for high office whose family presented such a tabloid goldmine?

From my memory of watching the steady roll of new candidates on the block being paraded as suitable options, if there was one constant, then all succesful candidate families tended to conform to a certain manifestation of American Wholesomeness, a cer ...[text shortened]... t thats the conspiracist meanderings possibly best left for another thread.
    I don't know, I don't think there's anything decent about the way her child with down syndrome was attacked in blogs, or her daughter's child that didn't have a baby was attacked by letterman.

Still, that's politics, you never know just how low the bar will be lowered in any given election, but you know it's gonna be low.

Sarah Palin was ambushed by Katie Couric.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '09 04:351 edit
    Originally posted by eljefejesus
    Sarah Palin was ambushed by Katie Couric.
    You think Couric should have played pat-a-ball because Palin was so patently inadequate?

Or you think Palin was made to look inadequate because she was ambushed by Katie Couric?
  5. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    05 Jul '09 04:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have heard this kind of criticism of Obama's intelligence before.

We know that the automobile, as we now know it anyway, was first developed in Germany.

We know there are 50 states in the U.S..

We know where the various states are, including their relative positions.

Are you claiming that you are more intelligent than the president. If I know these ...[text shortened]... ers who rake over these things over and over and over again - are being serious.

Are you?
    just pointing out to sh76 that Obama is no smarter (or less) than Palin Bush or anybody. And being president of the u.s. in todays day and age does not require one to be the sharpest tool in the shed.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '09 04:45
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    just pointing out to sh76 that Obama is no smarter (or less) than Palin Bush or anybody.
    But if all you've got is stuff like the "57 states" thing, your assertion is very very weak. Everyone who has been in contact with him, including opponents, speak of how he is a highly intelligent man. Is it your patriotism that makes you wish this were not so?
  7. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '09 04:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    You think Couric should have played pat-a-ball because Palin was so patently inadequate?

Or you think Palin was made to look inadequate because she was ambushed by Katie Couric?
    The latter.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '09 04:59
    The latter.
    You don't think a candidate for VP ought to be made of sterner stuff than can me made to look inadequate by a rather ineffectual interviewer like Katie Couric?

I find your support for rank mediocrity when attacked by rank mediocrity, rather intriguing.
  9. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '09 05:04
    Originally posted by FMF
    You don't think a candidate for VP ought to be made of sterner stuff than can me made to look inadequate by a rather ineffectual interviewer like Katie Couric?

I find your support for rank mediocrity when attacked by rank mediocrity, rather intriguing.
    Are you saying that if you attacked a salmon, I would defend the salmon, and you would be intrigued?

😀
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '09 05:07
    Are you saying that if you attacked a salmon, I would defend the salmon, and you would be intrigued?

😀
    No. I am intrigued by your support for a candidate of Palin's calibre.
  11. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '09 05:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    No. I am intrigued by your support for a candidate of Palin's calibre.
    It is interesting that a fact as obvious as that Couric ambushed Palin is not obvious and taken as a given by all.
  12. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '09 05:10
    Did you not see Couric rolling her eyes at her... at a VP CANDIDATE!!!

She's surely shown worse people better treatment... but that was during the middle of the campaigns...
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '09 05:11
    It is interesting that a fact as obvious as that Couric ambushed Palin is not obvious and taken as a given by all.
    It's interesting that you you this alleged "given" as a way to defend a patently inadequate candidate. It's also interesting that you seem to want a degree of conformity about how "all" see this.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '09 05:141 edit
    Did you not see Couric rolling her eyes at her... at a VP CANDIDATE!!!

She's surely shown worse people better treatment... but that was during the middle of the campaigns...
    Aren't you being rather petty and tabloid now? Someone rolled her eyes at an interviewee and this serves to suspend your political judgement and sense of proportion?
  15. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '09 05:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's interesting that you you this alleged "given" as a way to defend a patently inadequate candidate. It's also interesting that you seem to want a degree of conformity about how "all" see this.
    I yield the forum floor for you to list her inadequacies.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree