pro-life

pro-life

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
15 Jul 09

Originally posted by MissShell
would the population of the world change dramatically if every person stoped terminating?????

I wonder how many abortions are done per day??? does anyone work in this industry and has a clue to how many are completed on a annual basis....
i'd be interested to see the sates as well, i'd imagine that the western world tops the league by a long way.

why the sudden interest?

it's still illegal in ireland btw, even the north, which is a joke.

Moves
15 Jul 09

Originally posted by zozozozo
No im not pro-choice. Im pro-abortion.....less irritating childs make the world a better place:p
who's going to wipe you ass when your a senile old fart in a home somewhere if there's no more kids being born? ha, didn't think of that did you? 😏

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
15 Jul 09

Originally posted by zozozozo
Its better to kill a couple of cells in a belly, then letting a kid have an awfull life because his/her parents cant really take care of him/her.
Using potential unhappiness as a reason is idiotic.

The question can only be: At what point does a fetus become a human being?

Choosing birth may seem sensible, but it's also very ad-hoc when you think about it. The fetus itself does not change much in the seconds/minutes between pre and post birth.

Viability is appealing for a number of reasons, but the problem is that it then depends on where you are. In London the technological level may make it viable, but in more isolated places it may not be.

Moves
15 Jul 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Palynka
Using potential unhappiness as a reason is idiotic.
did he mention 'happiness'?

his post was clearly talking about the economic situation of the potential parent or parents involved.

not being able to afford to fed or cloth a child is a pretty good reason not to have one.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
15 Jul 09
2 edits

Originally posted by trev33
did he mention 'happiness'?

his post was clearly talking about the economic situation of the potential parent or parents involved.
No, he said better than "letting a kid have an awfull [sic] life" and he didn't mention anything about the economical situation.

Clearly.

Edit - Either way, "poverty" is also an idiotic reason. The fetus/baby either has rights or it has not.

M
living hard

ends of the earth

Moves
15 Jul 09

i'd be interested to see the sates as well, i'd imagine that the western world tops the league by a long way.

why the sudden interest?

it's still illegal in ireland btw, even the north, which is a joke.
A friends daughter asked me.... and I had no idea... I must be old....
I told her to talk to her mum but know she is the same as me... My kids are getting big now and I am worried they are going to come home with the same questions...
The world has changed so much and how people percieve things too... Not sure wether to ask the question..... if a 15 year old is pregnant and what response I would give....

Moves
15 Jul 09

No, he said better than "letting a kid have an awfull [sic] life" and he didn't mention anything about the economical situation.

Clearly.
you left out the most important quote "parents cant really take care of him/her"

could financial difficulties not to one of the reasons here? he didn't write it that that's what i presume he meant.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
15 Jul 09
3 edits

you left out the most important quote "parents cant really take care of him/her"

could financial difficulties not to one of the reasons here? he didn't write it that that's what i presume he meant.
Well, I took it to be meaning that they don't want him. Could be wrong. Anyway, I also think it's not a good reason (see above).

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
15 Jul 09

Not sure wether to ask the question..... if a 15 year old is pregnant and what response I would give....
"Wear a condom next time" ?

Tough position in which you are, Shell, sorry to say.

Best of luck with that.

Moves
15 Jul 09

Clearly.

Edit - Either way, "poverty" is also an idiotic reason. The fetus/baby either has rights or it has not.
for someone who's pro choice you don't give a lot of choices.

shouldn't the welfare of the unborn child be the no.1 most important thing in deciding what the best thing to is?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
15 Jul 09

if a 15 year old is pregnant and what response I would give....
http://tinyurl.com/adviceformisshellfriend

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
15 Jul 09

shouldn't the welfare of the unborn child be the no.1 most important thing in deciding what the best thing to is?
How can you evaluate someone's quality of life Trev? That'd be imposiable.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
15 Jul 09

What do you mean? I am pro-choice, I just don't think that passing the vagina is the defining moment.

Unhappiness/poverty/etc. are not reasons to kill someone. So it's pretty simple. At some point a fetus becomes human and has rights like every other human. If you think passing the vagina (or whatever method) is a fundamental change for the baby/fetus, I disagree.

Moves
15 Jul 09

Originally posted by yo its me
How can you evaluate someone's quality of life Trev? That'd be imposiable.
i'm just saying if the parents to be don't think they can cope with a child and give it everything that every child deserves, other than adoption what's a better solution than an abortion?

B
Death

is no semi-colon

Moves
15 Jul 09

it's hard to pinpoint a moment where the foetus becomes human though - some moment you can point to and say 'before this it isn't human', and after 'now it is human'. probably it attains human-ness by degrees, but then how do you decide how much human-ness amounts to it having rights?