pro-life

pro-life

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
15 Jul 09

Originally posted by Palynka
What do you mean? I am pro-choice, I just don't think that passing the vagina is the defining moment.

Unhappiness/poverty/etc. are not reasons to kill someone. So it's pretty simple. At some point a fetus becomes human and has rights like every other human. If you think passing the vagina (or whatever method) is a fundamental change for the baby/fetus, I disagree.
and then does a fetus turn into a child with rights in your opinion?

i'm talking about the quality of life of the child, if it is going to be poor and the potential parents knows this, why is that not a valid reason for having an abortion?

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
15 Jul 09

Originally posted by trev33
i'm just saying if the parents to be don't think they can cope with a child and give it everything that every child deserves, other than adoption what's a better solution than an abortion?
Every child deservs to be loved, yes- that's what you're refering to?
Because other then that children are starving and brought up on rubbish tips all over the world. I don't know if abortion is the right choice. Many many people want to adopt. I'm glad I've never had to make that choice and I hope none of my chilren ever feel like it's thier last option.

N
Lippy Brat

Moves
15 Jul 09

Pro-choice & for stem cell research.

N
Lippy Brat

Moves
15 Jul 09

why is that not a valid reason for having an abortion?
Its a cop out. If your hypothetical parents are so concerned about the hypothetical child's quality of life, they can put the child up for adoption.

Moves
15 Jul 09

Originally posted by Natsia
Its a cop out. If your hypothetical parents are so concerned about the hypothetical child's quality of life, they can put the child up for adoption.
so when is the choice of abortion the 'correct' one?

and why are they not 'cop outs'?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
15 Jul 09

and then does a fetus turn into a child with rights in your opinion?
Drawing a line somewhere always has its problems, but I guess viability sounds good to me.

Moves
15 Jul 09

Drawing a line somewhere always has its problems, but I guess viability sounds good to me.
and when would decisions in having an abortion not be be 'idiotic' in your opinion?

S
🙏🏻

Some other realm

Moves
15 Jul 09
1 edit

Originally posted by MissShell
yes or no?

is abortion wrong?

want to see what most people think about this...
Is abortion wrong? Wrong in the sense that it's tragic and against nature, in most cases, but sometimes necessary. I'm pro-choice. I think it's a PERSONAL decision, that is, it's up to the individual. As a woman, it's just easier for me to deal with the possibility of very early abortion, rather than later in the weeks.

I get a little cross-eyed when women have had more than one. Once should be enough.

There are times in a woman's life where pregnancy is just terrifying and it can be a very difficult decision.

I think the morning after pill is a very good option for those who need it.

N
Lippy Brat

Moves
15 Jul 09

so when is the choice of abortion the 'correct' one?

and why are they not 'cop outs'?
There is no "correct" reason to abort. Its a personal thing.
All I'm saying that aborting because you're poor is a weak one, especially considering that there are other alternatives if you can't raise a child. At least TRY and find an adoptive family. If that fails, go ahead and get yourself scraped.

IN MY OPINION: Medical reasons for abortion are far more valid.
Consider women who have the misfortune of contracting German Measles while pregnant. Who wants to give birth to a blind, deaf and deformed potato who could very well kill you while its still baking or on its way out.
Consider other women who's offspring decide they want to be a totally different blood type to mommy and end up poisoning them.

N
Lippy Brat

Moves
15 Jul 09

Originally posted by Sunburnt
Is abortion wrong? Wrong in the sense that it's tragic and against nature, in most cases, but sometimes necessary. I'm pro-choice. I think it's a PERSONAL decision, that is, it's up to the individual. As a woman, it's just easier for me to deal with the possibility of very early abortion, rather than later in the weeks.

I get a little cross-eyed when ...[text shortened]... t decision.

I think the morning after pill is a very good option for those who need it.
Well said, that woman.

Moves
15 Jul 09

Originally posted by Natsia
There is no "correct" reason to abort. Its a personal thing.
All I'm saying that aborting because you're poor is a weak one, especially considering that there are other alternatives if you can't raise a child. At least TRY and find an adoptive family. If that fails, go ahead and get yourself scraped.

IN MY OPINION: Medical reasons for abortion are far m ...[text shortened]... decide they want to be a totally different blood type to mommy and end up poisoning them.
fair enough.

Consider other women who's offspring decide they want to be a totally different blood type to mommy and end up poisoning them

not sure i follow you with this?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
15 Jul 09

and when would decisions in having an abortion not be be 'idiotic' in your opinion?
I don't see the relevance of the reasons. The baby/fetus either has rights or has not. If it has "personhood" rights then no reason is valid beyond danger to the mother's life, if it doesn't have rights then any reason is valid as it is the mother's choice to make.

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
15 Jul 09

fair enough.

[b]Consider other women who's offspring decide they want to be a totally different blood type to mommy and end up poisoning them

not sure i follow you with this?[/b]
Something rare and not fatal. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type

N
Lippy Brat

Moves
15 Jul 09

fair enough.

[b]Consider other women who's offspring decide they want to be a totally different blood type to mommy and end up poisoning them

not sure i follow you with this?[/b]
Septicemia, ABO incompatibility and others.
Different blood types mean that the baby or mother can start making antibodies against the other, usually its the baby. The parasite inside you starts fighting you because it doesn't recognise the yummy yummy blood coming from the naval cord as a good thing.
Google it.

c
¯\_(^.^)_/¯

Moves
15 Jul 09

Luckily there is an absolute defining line in the change from fetus to child, it is called birth, like it or not.