1. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    02 Oct '09 23:59
    I think we're all generally agreed that Brazil can have it and Congratulations to them.

I mean come on, how often does the US have a chance and how often does Brazil get a chance?
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 01:01
    Originally posted by eljefejesus
    I mean come on, how often does the US have a chance and how often does Brazil get a chance?
    and it's for that exact reason why they have won this and the 2014 world cup.

the us are going for the 2018 and 2022 world cups as well, again just 24 years after 94, more money wasted. well to be fair one of the 2 will go to europe and i think england (probably 2018) but 2022? know knows, it's possible.
  3. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 01:01
    Originally posted by telerion
    Let's see. The Brazilian president did this year. Putin has in the past. Other heads of state did such as King Juan Carlos and the Japanese PM this year. Also Tony Blair did in the past.
    U.S. PRESIDENTS!!! We are not discussing those other yahoos.
  4. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 02:34
    Originally posted by trev33
    and it's for that exact reason why they have won this and the 2014 world cup.

the us are going for the 2018 and 2022 world cups as well, again just 24 years after 94, more money wasted. well to be fair one of the 2 will go to europe and i think england (probably 2018) but 2022? know knows, it's possible.
    makes sense for a world cup, every 24 years is not so bad, we'll take it!
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 03:05
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Who was the last President to personally lobby for the Olympics?
    You are rejoicing the fact that your president's lobbying efforts were in vain?
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 03:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    You are rejoicing the fact that your president's lobbying efforts were in vain?
    Nobody rejoices over failure of one's leader. The reality is Obama cannot go around the world bowing to a Mualim king, demean himself and his country by aplogizing for America and tell the wolrd how much America sucks then ask these same people to grant the USA the Olympics. Obama needs to concentrate on federal issues, not Chicago issues, keep trying to right the economy and solve the pressing issues of Iran and Afghanistan. The Olympics is small potatoes and is a minor setback compared to Iran. I really feel sorry that Obama felt it necessary to grovel before these Euroweenies. If he cannot convince a fawning uberleftist bunch like the Olympic commitee on the basis of his inflated self perception how is he going to play hardball with Iran, Russia, Korea. He only seems tough on McChrystal, FoxNews, and grovels before everyone else like Hugo Chavez and company.
  7. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 04:18
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Nobody rejoices over failure of one's leader. The reality is Obama cannot go around the world bowing to a Mualim king, demean himself and his country by aplogizing for America and tell the wolrd how much America sucks then ask these same people to grant the USA the Olympics. Obama needs to concentrate on federal issues, not Chicago issues, keep trying t ...[text shortened]... ms tough on McChrystal, FoxNews, and grovels before everyone else like Hugo Chavez and company.
    Very well put,could not have said it better myself. 🙂
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 04:20
    Nobody rejoices over failure of one's leader.
    Wrong. People on this thread are. In fact this thread is nothing but rejoice over the failure of a leader.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 04:231 edit
    Nobody rejoices over failure of one's leader. The reality is Obama cannot go around the world bowing to a Mualim king, demean himself and his country by aplogizing for America and tell the wolrd how much America sucks then ask these same people to grant the USA the Olympics. Obama needs to concentrate on federal issues, not Chicago issues, keep trying t ...[text shortened]... ms tough on McChrystal, FoxNews, and grovels before everyone else like Hugo Chavez and company.
    This is an internet chat forum so your angry drivel is perfectly fine. It doesn't pass for joined up analysis. Just malcontentedness. People here are rejoicing in their president's failure in a non-partisan venture. Someone described it as "partisan vomit". I liked that turn of phrase. It aslo describes most of your input on these kinds of topics too.

If he cannot convince a fawning uberleftist bunch like the Olympic commitee on the basis of his inflated self perception how is he going to play hardball with Iran, Russia, Korea.

As political analysis goes, this is like tatooed face sports fan frothing.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 04:26
    Very well put,could not have said it better myself. 🙂
    I beg to differ. It was embarrassingly badly put. But you're right: you could not have said it better yourself.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 04:281 edit
    ...Obama cannot go around the world [...and...] demean himself and his country by aplogizing for America and tell the wolrd how much America sucks
    Have you got a link to the speech or speeches in question?
  12. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 06:23
    [b]U.S. PRESIDENTS!!! We are not discussing those other yahoos.[/b]
    A president is a president. The distinction should have been posed in the question.
  13. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 06:37
    Originally posted by Badwater
    A president is a president. The distinction should have been posed in the question.
    The ones he mentioned as examples are titled President?No.
    If I said ,"what leaders from around the world..."but,I did not say that, now did I?
    How does that foot of yours taste in your mouth?
  14. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 06:403 edits
    The ones he mentioned as examples are titled President?No.
    If I said ,"what leaders from around the world..."but,I did not say that, now did I?
    How does that foot of yours taste in your mouth?
    Yes. Several were. That's why I pointed out which were Presidents and which were world leaders of other titles. Nice try though.

Edit: For those who do not want to scroll back, the others were Putin of Russia and Lula of Brazil
  15. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 07:55
    Originally posted by telerion
    Let's see. The Brazilian president did this year. Putin has in the past. Other heads of state did such as King Juan Carlos and the Japanese PM this year. Also Tony Blair did in the past.
    Ok
    I am referring to United States Presidents.Sorry I was not clear on that.Point is no other U.S.Prez has done this to my knowledge.He looked like a arrogant fool thinking he could just woo the rest of the world w/his charisma the way he has the american media.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree