1. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 07:58
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Ok
    I am referring to United States Presidents.Sorry I was not clear on that.Point is no other U.S.Prez has done this to my knowledge.He looked like a arrogant fool thinking he could just woo the rest of the world w/his charisma the way he has the american media.
    You are right about one thing. He is a black, liberal Democrat.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 09:09
    US is whining...?

Why not be glad that the games will be held in America!
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 15:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    This is an internet chat forum so your angry drivel is perfectly fine. It doesn't pass for joined up analysis. Just malcontentedness. People here are rejoicing in their president's failure in a non-partisan venture. Someone described it as "partisan vomit". I liked that turn of phrase. It aslo describes most of your input on these kinds of topics too.

[b]If h ...[text shortened]... ia, Korea.

As political analysis goes, this is like tatooed face sports fan frothing.[/b]
    Fortunately you are so fair in your own mind that you would be unable to detect any of your own drivel. I like it that you try and pass yourself as non-partisan. Keept it up. Your posts speak for themselves. Methinks you're only disappointed your uberleftie idol, Obama returned with egg on his face. As for the rest of us, e do not rejoice one bit. Obama demeans the office of the presidency every time he engages in behavior out of the norm like his apology tours, groveling tours and failure to pay attention to the real problems. Or perhaps he was going to create Olympic jobs to fill in the gaps of the ones he promised and failed to deliver.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 16:14
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Methinks you're only disappointed your uberleftie idol, Obama returned with egg on his face.
    "Astute" doesn't do it. "Astute and compelling", that's what you are.
  5. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 16:23
    Originally posted by FMF
    "Astute" doesn't do it. "Astute and compelling", that's what you are.
    An enigma,thats what you are FMF
  6. Pepperland
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 16:30
    Originally posted by eljefejesus
    I think we're all generally agreed that Brazil can have it and Congratulations to them.

I mean come on, how often does the US have a chance and how often does Brazil get a chance?
    well its historical also because its the first in s.america.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 16:311 edit
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    An enigma,thats what you are FMF
    Don't you just cringe though when your like minded compatriots come out with stuff like "your uberleftie idol, Obama returned with egg on his face and "Obama demeans the office of the presidency [with] his apology tours, groveling tours"? And stuff like "If he cannot convince a fawning uberleftist bunch like the Olympic commitee on the basis of his inflated self perception how is he going to play hardball with Iran, Russia, Korea." I mean it's totally embarrassing, no? I mean, people here are rejoicing the fact that your president's lobbying efforts - in a non-partisan endeavour - were in vain. What can be more of an affront to an American patriot? Surely, in matters that are non-partisan, everyone rallies round the leader? Don't inarticulate diatribes like scacchipazzo's irk you? Aren't they utterly cringeworthy? Using a failed Olympic bid to bash your president? Does partisan rancour stoop any lower?
  8. Pepperland
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 16:32
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Nobody rejoices over failure of one's leader. The reality is Obama cannot go around the world bowing to a Mualim king, demean himself and his country by aplogizing for America and tell the wolrd how much America sucks then ask these same people to grant the USA the Olympics. Obama needs to concentrate on federal issues, not Chicago issues, keep trying t ...[text shortened]... ms tough on McChrystal, FoxNews, and grovels before everyone else like Hugo Chavez and company.
    uberleftist bunch like the Olympic commitee

so now you have convinced yourself that everyone outside the US is "uberleftist"?

are you for real?
  9. Pepperland
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 16:341 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Wrong. People on this thread are. In fact this thread is nothing but rejoice over the failure of a leader.
    he got what he deserved, he thought he just had to go there with that big smile, and they'd give it to him straightaway, but turns out Obamamania is over.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 16:38
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    he thought he just had to go there with that big smile, and they'd give it to him straightaway
    And what is your justification for projecting this crass tabloid plotline onto a very ordinary failed Olympic bid story?
  11. Pepperland
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 17:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    And what is your justification for projecting this crass tabloid plotline onto a very ordinary failed Olympic bid story?
    is everything you don't agree with considered "tabloid"? quit labeling other people's point of view, you do a very bad job.

as for the justification, you know what Im talking about, the whole obama effect, that he just had to go to places where people didn't like him and then suddenly everybody loves him, but not this time.
  12. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 17:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    Don't you just cringe though when your like minded compatriots come out with stuff like "your uberleftie idol, Obama returned with egg on his face and "Obama demeans the office of the presidency [with] his apology tours, groveling tours"? And stuff like "If he cannot convince a fawning uberleftist bunch like the Olympic commitee on the basis of his inflated self ...[text shortened]... g a failed Olympic bid to bash your president? Does partisan rancour stoop any lower?
    It seems you think those of us who are laughing about this believe it's a big deal. It's not. It's just, as you point out, a non-partisan Olympics bid. Small potatoes in the grand scheme. I am neither gladdened nor saddened that the US didn't get the Olympics, though congratulations to Rio are in order.

But to those of us who sized Obama up early on as a naive leftist egomaniac, who brings nothing to the table except a teleprompter, a compelling personal story, and a soaring belief in the power of his own persona, this is just flat funny.

I mean, come on. He and Michelle fly off to Copenhagen, Oprah in tow, and deliver two narcissistic speeches to the IOC. Painting, with many references to their own personal histories, the grand picture of that bastion of culture and light, Chicago. What a great personal triumph for the Obamas it will be at the end of Obama's 2nd term, when they return to join the global revelry they have personally wrought in their old home town.

Rejected. Boom. Out in the first round.

Hilarious.

It is completely expected, as time goes on and Obama continues failing to deliver on things of more importance, that the left will label his critics as unpatriotic and racist. That is, after all, the only defense they will have left. To many, it will never be Obama's fault that his empty suit and arrogance will fail to stop the Iranians getting the bomb, fix health care, solve our soaring debt problem and so on. Those failures won't be so funny, of course. But I have already accepted that I will be called an unpatriotic racist for continuing to believe what he will continue to prove. Unfortunately for all of us, he is naive fool who is too full of himself to realize he is a naive fool.
  13. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 18:031 edit
    It was a no win for Obama. If he hadn't tried you right wing knuckleheads would have insulted him anyway.

Blind fools that you are. You are more into defying the president - and you are not patriots to be so consumed with belittleing that office day after day - than wanting the nation to be stronger.

You offer up no solutions; just crazed complaints.

just one time I'd like to see one of you anti-American neocons step up with a suggestive criticism instead of this inane whining.

I don't care if you have an eagle, flag or the statue of liberty as your avatar. Your demeanor only brings down this country. You lessen America with your idiotic blathering complaints.

Listen to yourselve. Just one time...ONE TIME,,I'd like to see one idea from you to strengthen the country end empower the populace. Just one time I'd like you to propose an idea makes the citizens of this country healthier, more educated and wealthier. But you don't have it in you. Your negativity blinds you. You have no visible compassion, loyalty, or respect for your American brothers and sisters. Effete snobs that you are you shame this country.

Done
  14. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 18:07
    Originally posted by badmoon
    It was a no win for Obama. If he hadn't tried you right wing knuckleheads would have insulted him anyway.

Blind fools that you are. You are more into defying the president - and you are not patriots to be so consumed with belittleing that office day after day - than wanting the nation to be stronger.

You offer up no solutions; just crazed complaints. ...[text shortened]... American brothers and sisters. Effete snobs that you are you shame this country.

Done
    I can't stop laughing at your little rant.

Seriously, that right there was FUNNY.

Thank you for making my day.
  15. Pepperland
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 18:07
    Originally posted by badmoon

You offer up no solutions; just crazed complaints. ...[text shortened]... American brothers and sisters. Effete snobs that you are you shame this country.

Done
    I thought being a patriot was about loving one's country, not its leaders.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree