1. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    21 Dec '13 01:37
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Is there anyone as self absorbed as Duchess64? How about getting back to the thread?

This should not be about your personal attacks against any and all who dare oppose you.
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    21 Dec '13 01:383 edits
    Originally posted by normbenign
    "If you are a racist, then just say so rather than keep dancing around it."

And if we are not? Should we confess to soften your allegations?
    Edit Ignore this reply. I posted a link that doesn't do what I suggested we do.
  3. Joined
    24 Jun '04
    Moves
    21 Dec '13 09:28
    Originally posted by KilgoreTrout15
    He's been doing that ever since he took office, he's turned our government into a banana republic.
    I stopped considering myself an American when The Chosen One was reelected. The Kenyan is not my president.
    Interesting comment, coming from KilgoreTrout15, who recently made a racist comment that "Blacks don't like you". Like I've been saying for some time, most Birthers are racist, because they believe that the first black president was born in Africa, the same continent as black people, monkeys and gorillas come from.

I'm a patriot of the United States of America, and always have been, including when Reagan and George W. Bush were president. Why would your patriotism waver, just because an African-American Democrat wins two presidential elections? Don't you still care about the common people of the United States of America, regardless of who our president is?

Incidentally, you're criticizing the president during a time of war. Apparently that's unpatriotic, according to some Republicans at the time that the Dixie Chicks criticized Bush. Some Republican civilians presumed (falsely) that U.S. soldiers have such fragile morale that it would be threatened by comments made by civilians.
  4. Joined
    24 Jun '04
    Moves
    21 Dec '13 09:39
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Norm, what's your view on Abraham Lincoln, and the Confederacy? Do you support the cause of the Confederacy, or/and think that Lincoln was "evil"? If you think that Lincoln was "evil", why is that?
  5. Joined
    24 Jun '04
    Moves
    21 Dec '13 09:42
    Originally posted by Eladar
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-12-20/obama-aides-say-more-to-gain-coverage-under-aca-than-canceled.html

[b]People losing coverage will now be allowed to buy bare-bones “catastrophic” insurance that the law usually limits to those younger than age 30, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services said yesterday. Others can opt out completely without ...[text shortened]... great how the President now has the power to create laws. So it is said, so let it be written.
    The exemption to the mandate isn't permanent at this point. Nonetheless, I'm sure it's yet another reason that the insurance companies will bribe Republicans with campaign finance.
  6. Joined
    24 Jun '04
    Moves
    21 Dec '13 09:47
    Your hatred of extreme right wing white American men is duly noted, with utter disdain.
    Duchess64 -hasn't- expressed "hatred" towards this demographic group. Norm, you seem to have this paranoid "enemies list" style of thinking, like Richard Nixon did. Duchess64's comments were a fair description of the views expressed by -some- members of this demographic group.
  7. Joined
    24 Jun '04
    Moves
    21 Dec '13 09:501 edit
    I can do fine on my own, and don't need your advice on anything. You have totally hijacked a thread, on the President by fiat creating law, outside of his Constitutional authority, and turned it into a vendetta against MMM, KilgoreTrout, and me.

Give it a break from dredging up stuff from other threads, and argue this one.
    That's not an accurate account of what happened in this thread. KilgoreTrout15 made racist and unpatriotic comments, which Duchess64 replied to, and then Norm and others jumped in on Duchess64 with personal attacks after she correctly called out KilgoreTrout15's racism. Edit: if anyone changed the direction of the thread away from its original topic -- "hijacking" would be grossly overstating the point -- it was KilgoreTrout15, who replied to the original post with a racist personal attack on our first African-American president.
  8. Joined
    24 Jun '04
    Moves
    21 Dec '13 10:33
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Wait a sec. If we accept John Roberts' contortions, then the individual mandate is a tax. So Obama is unilaterally waiving a tax for a certain group of citizens by simply opening his mouth hole at a press conference.

Jesus. Did we lose a war?
    Even if one accepts your argument, temporarily waiving a tax is good for stimulating the economy while coming out of a recession, especially if the tax exemption is given to the poor at a time when there is dangerously excessive and worsening income and wealth disparity.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Dec '13 14:111 edit
    Originally posted by MoneyManMike
    Let's try again.

Duchess:

Some of the extreme right-wing white American men here have expressed
    their hatred of black people as well as of Communists and 'terrorists'.
    And some of these extreme right-wing white American men also like to
    deny as much as they can that racism exists in the United States today.

Citations or else ...[text shortened]...

As to Kilgore's Hitler comment, prove to me that he was being serious (as opposed to joking).
    Some of Kilgore's recent posts:

Getting a big whiff of nigthink off your comments.

from "If you like your plan you can keep it"

He's also endorsed segregation of the races in "The Knockout Game" (on November 24th) including racist immigration policies and criticized countries allowing racial diversity (November 26th) and in the Camden, New Jersey thread endorsed racial purity by approving of a Jared Taylor quote ""I want my grandchildren to look like my grandparents. I don't want them to look like Anwar Sadat or Fu Manchu or Whoopi Goldberg." He also constantly cites to American Renaissance, a white supremacist site.

Maybe he's just a big kidder rather than a virulent racist though.

EDIT: He joshed: "Leave Democracy to the few countries that still have a majority of white people in them" in "Why is the US called a democracy?"
  10. Joined
    08 Dec '12
    Moves
    21 Dec '13 14:26
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Some of Kilgore's recent posts:

Getting a big whiff of nigthink off your comments.

from "If you like your plan you can keep it"

He's also endorsed segregation of the races in "The Knockout Game" (on November 24th) including racist immigration policies and criticized countries allowing racial diversity (November 26th) and i ...[text shortened]... tries that still have a majority of white people in them" in "Why is the US called a democracy?"
    You say all that like it's a bad thing.
    I don't have a problem with it and stand by every word.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Dec '13 14:33
    Originally posted by KilgoreTrout15
    You say all that like it's a bad thing.
    I don't have a problem with it and stand by every word.
    Tell MMM; he thinks you're joking.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Dec '13 16:57
    Originally posted by karnachz
    Interesting comment, coming from KilgoreTrout15, who recently made a racist comment that "Blacks don't like you". Like I've been saying for some time, most Birthers are racist, because they believe that the first black president was born in Africa, the same continent as black people, monkeys and gorillas come from.

I'm a patriot of the United States of ...[text shortened]... .S. soldiers have such fragile morale that it would be threatened by comments made by civilians.
    Patriots without question are people who have love of country as their base religion. That isn't for me.

My core convictions are not based on man's laws and my love of country is based on the Constitution and when the political leaders ignore it, I can't give my allegiance to them. As a matter of fact, I am bound to believe quite the contrary.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Dec '13 18:22

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Dec '13 18:31

15. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Dec '13 19:36

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree