1. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    01 Jun '23 13:51
    @kevcvs57 said
    You’ve proven time and time again that you do not grasp even the basics of economics but pretend to be some kind of part time lecturer on the subject.
    Yes Joe in order to lose X you need to possess X in the first place.
    If Target was not making $10 billion a day then how can you claim it lost $10 billion a day for whatever reason. You cannot take assumptions to the bank joe. Even if your talking about a turnover figure it’s a massive stretch.
    Deep stuff, Kev. You act like a corporation is like your budget at the kitchen table.
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    01 Jun '23 14:43
    @averagejoe1 said
    Deep stuff, Kev. You act like a corporation is like your budget at the kitchen table.
    Jesus H it really isn’t complicated son, the figures just don’t add up to the sensational headline.
  3. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Jun '23 15:351 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    Good question. I did not know these stores caved as well, thinking these freeks were part of our real society. Why not, indeed.
    I’m going to look this one up. How bout chick filet, who stood up to the gays a few years ago……they did a hell of a business after that. People like me flocked there, and I don’t really like chicken that much.
    Lol t shirts Joe. You're boycotting over t shirts that a company stocked because people wanted to buy them. Pathetic.

Next up for boycotts: avocados. We all know what those represent right? Straight talk that's a gay thing.
  4. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    01 Jun '23 16:12
    @wildgrass said
    Lol t shirts Joe. You're boycotting over t shirts that a company stocked because people wanted to buy them. Pathetic.

Next up for boycotts: avocados. We all know what those represent right? Straight talk that's a gay thing.
    Can’t wait for Joe to freeeeeeeak oooout about the next example of woke cancel culture!!!!!!!!
  5. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Jun '23 18:22
    @kevcvs57 said
    Can’t wait for Joe to freeeeeeeak oooout about the next example of woke cancel culture!!!!!!!!
    Maybe I'm not on the internet often enough to understand why anyone would boycott an entire company, which sells everything from exterior window shades to groceries, because they are selling something that they didn't want to buy. No one here wants to explain it?

It's so hard to keep up with the conservative culture wars.

What if the gays start really leaning into gun culture? Like a rainbow-colored AR-15? Would we boycott?
  6. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    01 Jun '23 19:532 edits
    @kevcvs57 said
    Jesus H it really isn’t complicated son, the figures just don’t add up to the sensational headline.
    Kev......they are not selling Billions a week any more. Thus, they LOSE that income. Let me see, if I have my lenonade stand set up to take in $100 a day, and people stop buying my lemonade as I continue to be there on the sidewalk everyday, with the same expenses, by my books at the end of the day, I have lost $100 in income. Having said that, the loss is in market valuation for Target, which is 10 billion, but I ain’t about to discuss that with you unless you can send me a copy of your degree in economics..
    Are you daft. Could you really argue with a fence post? Wouldnt it be easier to say, yeah Joe, now I get it.
    They are not selling anything, and I’m not even close to buying their stock on this dip.
  7. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    01 Jun '23 20:05
    @wildgrass said

But you see, people like those cultures, which caused all this, make me sick to my stomach. So I have a perfectly valid reason for boycotting target. You on the other hand are all cool with that, and men, competing with women, so you will go to target and buy yourself a little smock to put around your privates. That is the way you are, but that is not the way I am. So now we have finally met an agreement.
    Your statement is untrue on its face, as you say, boycott over T-shirts that a company stocked because people wanted to buy them. That is not why they are being boycotted. The people that are boycotting them or normal people that have been normal for hundreds of years, they are all of a sudden met with characters that they are sick of me included.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Jun '23 20:55
    @averagejoe1 said
    I cannot, nor can Richard Fowler, a gay black journalist on FOX! If HE said yesterday on Fox that he cannnot define it, I think you can understand how a straight-ass conservative white person like myself can have NO idea what it is. Is it just a movement to get our stuff, I just don't know. Is it a movement to tell us folks stuff that is irrelant to us? Why do you (wok ...[text shortened]... define Woke. I would ask you to define it, but you never even answered my last question. Pitiful.
    We DO live it.

You just don't want us to.

That's why the pushback, genius.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Jun '23 20:56
    @wildgrass said
    Maybe I'm not on the internet often enough to understand why anyone would boycott an entire company, which sells everything from exterior window shades to groceries, because they are selling something that they didn't want to buy. No one here wants to explain it?

It's so hard to keep up with the conservative culture wars.

What if the gays start really leaning into gun culture? Like a rainbow-colored AR-15? Would we boycott?
    Because the far-right got "triggered".

Ha, see what I did there?
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Jun '23 20:58
    @wildgrass said

They started by boycotting beer.

BEER! They shot themselves in the foot big time with that one.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Jun '23 20:592 edits
    @averagejoe1 said
    No, home budgets don't make a profit off of inflation.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/sep/25/inflation-price-controls-robert-reich

"Corporate greed, not wages, is behind inflation. It’s time for price controls"

Corporations are using rising costs as an excuse to increase their prices even higher, resulting in record profits. We need limited price controls to break this cycle

"Damn, Suzi, you were right when you said this back in 2022."
  12. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    01 Jun '23 21:12
    @suzianne said
    We DO live it.

You just don't want us to.

That's why the pushback, genius.
    Fot the record, I do not want anyone that is the member of THE WOKE CHURCH, or of The Hara Krishna, anywhere around me.
    That is not saying that I 'don't want you to' be in that Church. Libs do not get it that you can do anything you want to, like walk in 'the streets', or frisbee in the park as long as it has zero effect on me. You see, you people affect , and infect, everyone. In our face, don't you see. "Look at me, I am woke and wearing a thong, you have to guess what I am!!" No, no, we do not have to guess.
    Now do you get it?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Jun '23 21:16
    @averagejoe1 said
    Fot the record, I do not want anyone that is the member of THE WOKE CHURCH, or of The Hara Krishna, anywhere around me.
    That is not saying that I 'don't want you to' be in that Church. Libs do not get it that you can do anything you want to, like walk in 'the streets', or frisbee in the park as long as it has zero effect on me. You see, you people affect , and in ...[text shortened]... a thong, you have to guess what I am!!" No, no, we do not have to guess.
    Now do you get it?
    Anything LGBTQ+ has nothing to do with you.

But you can't just let it go, can you?

You sound like Mr. "Whiney-Voice" DeSantis.
  14. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    01 Jun '23 21:20
    @suzianne said
    No, home budgets don't make a profit off of inflation.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/sep/25/inflation-price-controls-robert-reich

"Corporate greed, not wages, is behind inflation. It’s time for price controls"

Corporations are using rising costs as an excuse to increase their prices even higher, resulting in record profits. We need limited price controls to break this cycle
    Suzianne wants price controls! Y'all sure you want to run with her? Be careful, Sue. I would love it,, so you may want to look again.
  15. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    01 Jun '23 21:231 edit
    @suzianne said
    Anything LGBTQ+ has nothing to do with you.

But you can't just let it go, can you?

You sound like Mr. "Whiney-Voice" DeSantis.
    Hey, will y'all let us go? You make me feel so guilty when I play golf, take vacations, etc. Why don't you let us go?
    Note that never, not once, has any lib ever taken issue with my constant comments about your wanting our stuff. Gimme it! Losers on welfare. Get the money from the successful people.
    Kill the golden goose. Imbeciles (parasites) all.

You mock DeSantis' voice? Uhhh, Biden's voice? Do you know Biden busted his ass on a stage today?
    ON a given day, Biden falls down, Trump plays golf. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Let's pick a president!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree