The $88 baseball

The $88 baseball

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Jul 20

@joe-shmo said
You don't know how painful this is for me. On the one hand you have one of "your own" absolutely shellacking you! On the other hand, I have to admit that no1marauder has delivered said shellacking...

😆 😆 😕 🤔 😲 😞
I think it also shows how lousy right wingers are at using the internet; I did a search for "88 in homeland security press release" and found the material in less than a minute or so.

None of the right wingers here seem to have been able to conceptualize such a simple way to find an explanation for the oddity and instead just argued for pages.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jul 20
2 edits

@no1marauder said
I think it also shows how lousy right wingers are at using the internet; I did a search for "88 in homeland security press release" and found the material in less than a minute or so.

None of the right wingers here seem to have been able to conceptualize such a simple way to find an explanation for the oddity and instead just argued for pages.
Kazet is an uber left wing tenured professor boasting an advanced degree in physics. I'd say your theory of leftwing internet usage superiority is on thin ice. 😉

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Jul 20

@joe-shmo said
Kazet is an uber left wing tenured professor. Your theory of leftwing internet usage superiority is on thin ice. 😉
Are you denying you guys suck at it?

I should send you, Earl and Philo an invoice for doing your work for ya.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jul 20
1 edit

@no1marauder said
Are you denying you guys suck at it?

I should send you, Earl and Philo an invoice for doing your work for ya.
Nope. I suck at it.

Its the kind of skill one can only imagine is honed to perfection by sifting through endless stacks of legal jargon on a daily basis...I find the idea nauseating.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Jul 20

@joe-shmo said
Nope. I suck at it.

Its the kind of skill one can only imagine is honed to perfection by sifting through endless stacks of legal jargon on a daily basis.
Maybe you guys never got to the educational level where you had to do searches on a computer.

It's not as hard as it looks.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jul 20
2 edits

@no1marauder said
Maybe you guys never got to the educational level where you had to do searches on a computer.

It's not as hard as it looks.
Again...its not educational "level", its a difference in type of education.

S. Korea

Moves
14 Jul 20

@no1marauder said

I had no idea that Marauder is also a believers in the numbers conspiracy.

You should probably distance yourself from this now, guy.

Yyou're on the wrong side of history, so to speak....

In 10 years, who will not laugh at the absurdity of this?

S. Korea

Moves
14 Jul 20

@joe-shmo said
Kazet is an uber left wing tenured professor boasting an advanced degree in physics. I'd say your theory of leftwing internet usage superiority is on thin ice. 😉
Is that true?

Is he honestly an academic somewhere?

I have zero interest in hunting down or exposing anyone's real identity whatsoever, and I certainly do not wish anyone does it to me.

I ask only because I am curious if it is the case -- do not tell me, though, if this is information that he has not shared publicly that he is comfortable with people knowing. I do not want to violate any user's privacy -- or the privacy of any person in real life, either.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Jul 20

@philokalia said
I had no idea that Marauder is also a believers in the numbers conspiracy.

You should probably distance yourself from this now, guy.

Yyou're on the wrong side of history, so to speak....

In 10 years, who will not laugh at the absurdity of this?
I'm not which is why I didn't bother posting in this thread at all until, out of boredom, I figured I'd take a look at the DHS thing you guys couldn't figure out.

In ten years hopefully we'll be laughing at people who actually took American Renaissance seriously.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jul 20
7 edits

@philokalia said
Is that true?

I have zero interest in hunting down or exposing anyone's real identity whatsoever, and I certainly do not wish anyone does it to me.

I ask only because I am curious if it is the case -- do not tell me, though, if this is information that he has not shared publicly that he is comfortable with people knowing. I do not want to violate any user's privacy -- or the privacy of any person in real life, either.
I don't know him personally if that is what you mean. That information came from these forums...from kazet. He's a bit of a braggart in case you haven't noticed?

I'd imagine no1marauder could google search "College professors with PhD's in Physics that play chess at RHP" and verify the information is correct?

He could be full of it... but a while back he was having an interesting back and forth ( about who was going to solve it first ) with Deepthought ( who I know is not full of it ) when I proposed to them the idea that time could be a complex plane. Basically that as you approach "c" real time stops and you begin traversing orthogonally across time lines. I suppose they gave up.

😆 😴

S. Korea

Moves
14 Jul 20

Well, good for him; I am happy that he has a fulfilling career.

I hope all the posters here enjoy their jobs and get some amount of satisfaction from it. ^^

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jul 20
2 edits

@philokalia said
Well, good for him; I am happy that he has a fulfilling career.

I hope all the posters here enjoy their jobs and get some amount of satisfaction from it. ^^
Not me...he can go to he double hockey sticks..I suppose I’ve had a strong dislike of kazet for many years which I believe emanates from a time I asked about “Transfer Functions” in the Science Forum. He responded, but not with any helpful interpretations mind you. Rather, his response was to have me solve a second order linear differential equation as a precursor to his response. When I gave him the solution ( to what I can only assume was his dismay ) using at least two independent methods ( passing his test ) his response about “transfer functions” was a complete “slap in the face” waste of my time. Yeah...his arrogance is inescapable.

S. Korea

Moves
14 Jul 20

@joe-shmo said
Not me...he can go to he double hockey sticks..I suppose I’ve had a strong dislike of kazet for many years which I believe emanates from a time I asked about transfer functions. He responded, but not with any helpful interpretations mind you. Rather, his response was to have me solve a second order linear differential equation as a precursor to his response. When I gave him ...[text shortened]... functions” was a complete “slap in the face” waste of my time. Yeah...his arrogance is inescapable.
That sounds very impolite.

A bummer, really!

K

Germany

Moves
14 Jul 20
1 edit

@philokalia said
Is that true?

Not that it matters, but every part of "uber left wing tenured professor" is wrong.

It's also funny that, even though I have expressed moderate economic views on this forum, that I am "uber left wing" is inferred entirely from my modest opposition to racism.

K

Germany

Moves
14 Jul 20

@joe-shmo said
You don't know how painful this is for me. On the one hand you have one of "your own" absolutely shellacking you! On the other hand, I have to admit that no1marauder has delivered said shellacking...

😆 😆 😕 🤔 😲 😞
First of all, no1 is not of "my own" - I have disagreed with him on these forums many times.

Secondly, I don't mind being wrong at all - that's how I get to be right so often - and no1 provides a reasonable alternative explanation although the turn of phrase is still odd.

How about you try your hand at the inverted triangle thing now?