The $88 baseball

The $88 baseball

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S. Korea

Moves
09 Jul 20

Your claim: the Trump campaign used a Nazi symbol in reference to an obscure Belgian Antifa-affiliated group, by massive coincidence also ordering 88 ads for the Facebook ad campaign featuring Nazi symbols, despite the campaign itself claiming this was not the reason and using a different bogus excuse. Other references to Nazi symbols by the Trump campaign and associates are massive coincidences too, including the entirely unexplained use of "13 out of 88" as a statistical measure for a large group of people in an official DHS statement.

(1) How many reports do you think have been issued by different government agencies over the last 4 years?

How many times do you think the number 88, 69, 22, 44, etc., all came up?

I imagine dozens of times.

Why should anybody conclude that the presence of 88 in multiple places means that the President is trying to signal his support for Nazism or White Supremacy?

It's just a number -- that's a massive leap.

it's literally that you believe in a conspiracy that Pres. Trump is trying to promote Nazism but is too tepid to do so so he hides inflammatory numbers in reports.

My claim: the consistent use of Nazi imagery, slogans and symbols indicates that some neo-Nazis and white supremacists are members of Trump's campaign and inner circle. We already knew that, of course, with self-identified white supremacists like Stephen Miller openly serving in the administration.

(2) Stephen Miller is Jewish. His family came to America literally escaping anti-Jewish pogroms in Eastern Europe.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/stephen-miller-descendant-asylum-seekers-fled-anti-semitic-violence/

You're going to need a lot better poster boy for your Nazi conspiracy theory than the great grandson of Jews who fled the Holocaust.

S. Korea

Moves
09 Jul 20

The belief that Pres. Obama may have been born in Kenya is not racist. Do some racists believe it? Yes. Can it be motivated by racism? Yes.

Does it hinge on racism? No.

Breitbart simply isn't a racist news service, and repeating this talking point a third time will not make it so.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
09 Jul 20

@kazetnagorra said
What "conspiracy" is involved in the Trump campaign using a Nazi symbol to attack their political opponents - who, by the way, were also the Nazis' political opponents?
I've seen you and many others in use quote-unquote, Nazi symbols.
Go back and read the link I put up. 1, 2, 12, and many more are neo Nazi
signals. Do you ever use those numbers? If you do, then I suspect you are
a Neo Nazi.

How's that shoe fit? Using your logic, I am to be commended for rooting out
a Neo Nazi in our midst.

Conspiracy theorists. Un-trucking-believable.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
09 Jul 20
1 edit

I hope that by viewing the time and effort put into the accusers blatantly
abusing the words "racist" and "Neo Nazi" that one can learn by what
I meant when I said to Suzieanne that nobody on the right takes such claims
as "racist" seriously because it has lost all meaning.

Now, when a leftist uses the term "racist", it simply gets interpreted as "I hate you".
Ya. Hate speech, that's all. No substance to it.

K

Germany

Moves
09 Jul 20

@philokalia said
[quote]Your claim: the Trump campaign used a Nazi symbol in reference to an obscure Belgian Antifa-affiliated group, by massive coincidence also ordering 88 ads for the Facebook ad campaign featuring Nazi symbols, despite the campaign itself claiming this was not the reason and using a different bogus excuse. Other references to Nazi symbols by the Trump campaign and assoc ...[text shortened]... r poster boy for your Nazi conspiracy theory than the great grandson of Jews who fled the Holocaust.
(1) I notice that you simply refuse to address the points I raised, in particular my point about the DHS figures. We both know your reasons for doing so.

(2) Here is a long expose detailing Stephen Miller's white supremacist views and links to the white supremacist movement. I suggest you read it.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2019/11/12/stephen-millers-affinity-white-nationalism-revealed-leaked-emails

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
09 Jul 20

@philokalia said
Sure, OK.

So, white supremacists are not racists to Hispanic people, then, right? There's no anti-Hispanic or anti-Mexican strain in white supremacist thought?

Or am I missing something?
They hate Mexicans and other mixed race people from Latin America. They love Hispanics like Ted Cruz and Emilio Estevez.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
09 Jul 20

@athousandyoung said
They hate Mexicans and other mixed race people from Latin America. They love Hispanics like Ted Cruz and Emilio Estevez.
Seriously your claiming that someone loves Ted Cruz? I’ll give you Emilio but Ted Cruz?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
09 Jul 20

@kevcvs57 said
Seriously your claiming that someone loves Ted Cruz? I’ll give you Emilio but Ted Cruz?
Fine put Cameron Diaz in there instead.

S. Korea

Moves
10 Jul 20

@kazetnagorra said
(1) I notice that you simply refuse to address the points I raised, in particular my point about the DHS figures. We both know your reasons for doing so.

(2) Here is a long expose detailing Stephen Miller's white supremacist views and links to the white supremacist movement. I suggest you read it.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2019/11/12/stephen-millers-affinity-white-nationalism-revealed-leaked-emails
(1) LOL, how do I argue with someone who think that randomly appearing numbers are signals being communicated to America that... "We are NAZIS!"

It doesn't make sense on face value and I do not have access to the kind of conspiratorial thinking, so how do I interact with it? How do I refute something that is based on feeling and not on logic?

(2) He read vdare. Vdare honestly has interesting material and I think it would be great to discuss some of it here. Some of it, of course, is very controversial and affirms "white nationalist" positions, but I am not sure to what extent it can be said that this is the case.

Miller recommended in a Sept. 6, 2015, email that Breitbart write about “The Camp of the Saints,” a racist French novel by Jean Raspail. Notably, “The Camp of the Saints” is popular among white nationalists and neo-Nazis because of the degree to which it fictionalizes the “white genocide” or “great replacement” myth into a violent and sexualized story about refugees.

Yeah, I first heard about this book when I was reading Murry's The Strange Death of Europe and I've meant to read it ever since.

It's a controversial piece of writing, certainly, and that is why it should be read and talked about. It makes you think.

McHugh says Miller told her to aggregate from American Renaissance
Miller suggested McHugh draw information from an American Renaissance article in early July 2015, she told Hatewatch. McHugh’s recollection is backed up by emails appearing to refer to that article, which focused on a favorite topic of Miller’s in the emails – interracial crime.
McHugh told Hatewatch that Miller called her on a workday afternoon to discuss a story on “AmRen,” shorthand for American Renaissance among the site’s readers.
“It was after lunchtime. I was sitting at my desk with my MacBook, and as Miller was speaking, I was looking away … to better concentrate on what he was saying,” McHugh recalled to Hatewatch. “Miller asked me if I had seen the recent ‘AmRen’ article about crime statistics and race. I responded in the affirmative because I had read it. Many of us [on the far right] had read it. I remember being struck by the way he called it ‘AmRen,’ the nickname.”

AmRen is another interesting source for information -- they provide a lot of interesting and controversial analysis.

I am also "guilty" of reading their material.

However, I do not consider myself to be a white nationalist or even really necessarily a nationalist. I just think there re a lot of important issues the mainstream media does not adequately cover, and just as I might go read an article at the Intercept about election fraud n Brazil or read an in-depth piece from Han Gyeoreh (another left leaning paper) on something about Samsung corruption, I go to other soruces.

You know, here in Korea, I clandestinely read Japanese sources on the occupation, the comfort women, etc., and secretly try to see what these professors harassed and sometimes even arrested for 'revisionism' say about it.

I think it's fine to read controversial things.

I don't keep my mind in a cage.

Neither does the great grandchild of Jewish refugees, Stephen Miller.

I don't think he's a Nazi at all.

S. Korea

Moves
10 Jul 20

@athousandyoung said
Oh, OK.

Well, I guess I do not know much about Nazis compared to you.

The shooter, Adam Cabrillo is darker and obviously more mixed with native American blood than Cruz or Estevez. I believe this is referred to as mestizo.

So, I think the Nazis would actually hate him, yes?

(Reference: https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-06-16/suspects-charged-killing-santa-cruz-cop-and-oakland-federal-officer )

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
10 Jul 20
4 edits

@philokalia said
Oh, OK.

The shooter, Adam Cabrillo is darker and obviously more mixed with native American blood than Cruz or Estevez. I believe this is referred to as mestizo.

So, I think the Nazis would actually hate him, yes?

(Reference: https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-06-16/suspects-charged-killing-santa-cruz-cop-and-oakland-federal-officer )
The shooter, Steven Carrillo is a bit darker than Cruz, but that might be because he has a tan. Latin people do tend to be darker than Nordics. You might say Carrillo has an olive complexion - which is standard for Latins and Greeks.

https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2020/06/1862/1048/carr.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Compare to Michael Corleone (pure Latin) and Carlos Mencia (Mestizo):

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/433119689139357988/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/391672498815790487/

Could Carrillo play an Italian in a Mafia movie? Yeah probably. So you can't say he's not white without more information.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
10 Jul 20

@philokalia said
Oh, OK.

They liked Franco didn't they?

S. Korea

Moves
10 Jul 20

To me, Carrillo looks clearly mestizo. I think he is not a castizo.

But hey, if you think he is, then by my guest.

But I would suggest that he's just a Libertarian guy who has no affiliations with Nazism, as we have not seen anything like that come up for him, and that, generally, Nazis would not want to be affiliated with him.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
10 Jul 20
1 edit

I'm not saying he's NOT mestizo - just that you cannot tell from his name and appearance.

K

Germany

Moves
10 Jul 20

@philokalia said
(1) LOL, how do I argue with someone who think that randomly appearing numbers are signals being communicated to America that... "We are NAZIS!"

It doesn't make sense on face value and I do not have access to the kind of conspiratorial thinking, so how do I interact with it? How do I refute something that is based on feeling and not on logic?

(2) He read vdare. Vdar ...[text shortened]... es the great grandchild of Jewish refugees, Stephen Miller.[/i]

I don't think he's a Nazi at all.
American Renaissance (AR or AmRen) is a monthly white supremacist online publication founded and edited by Jared Taylor.[1][2][3][4] It is published by the New Century Foundation, which describes itself as a "race-realist, white advocacy organization".[5][6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Renaissance_(magazine)

VDARE is an American website focusing on opposition to immigration to the United States and is associated with white supremacy,[2][3] white nationalism,[4][5][6] and the alt-right.[7][8][9] Anti-Immigration in the United States: A Historical Encyclopedia describes VDARE as "one of the most prolific anti-immigration media outlets in the United States" and states that it is "broadly concerned with race issues in the United States".[10] Established in 1999, the website's editor is Peter Brimelow, who once stated that "whites built American culture" and that "it is at risk from non-whites who would seek to change it".[10]

The Southern Poverty Law Center describes VDARE as "an anti-immigration hate website" which "regularly publishes articles by prominent white nationalists, race scientists and anti-Semites", including Steve Sailer, Jared Taylor, J. Philippe Rushton, Samuel T. Francis, John Derbyshire[11] and Pat Buchanan.[12] Brimelow acknowledges that VDARE published writings by white nationalists but has said that VDARE is not a "white nationalist Web site".[13][14][15]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VDARE