The UK Whitewashes Its History of Racism

The UK Whitewashes Its History of Racism

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S. Korea

Moves
05 Apr 21

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Generally speaking, the suggestion seems to consistently be to listen to people on the basis of their race, never on the basis of something less topical like national origin.

I am unware of anyone making such a suggestion, so it is curious that you would bring it up.

D

Moves
05 Apr 21
1 edit

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
05 Apr 21

Yeah, sure, compare the British civil service to the third reich, will you.
WTF is wrong with you?

Does Britain have anti-Jewish laws?
Does Britain have laws outlawing racism and discrimination?

Britain has, in fact, various drives aimed at increasing the role of women and minorities in government and semi-governmental positions.

Is there racism and discrimination? Of course there is.
Is it systemic? Is it institutionalized?
No report says so. No matter how much activists scream about it.

There is a socio-economic inbalance. But that is not inherently race or gender based.

The third reich. Jesus, WTF are you taking?

S. Korea

Moves
05 Apr 21

There's very sizable Hmong communities in Minnesota & Fresno.

A fair amount came over:

Initially only 1,000 Hmong people were evacuated to the US. In May 1976, another 11,000 Hmong were allowed to enter the United States. By 1978 some 30,000 Hmong had immigrated to the US and by 1998, there were 200,000 Hmong living in the US.[6] This first wave was made up primarily of men directly associated with General Vang Pao's Secret Army, which had been aligned with US war efforts during the Vietnam War. Vang Pao's Secret Army, which was subsidized by the US Central Intelligence Agency, fought mostly along the Ho Chi Minh Trail, where his forces sought to disrupt North Vietnamese weapons supply efforts to the communist Viet Cong rebel forces in South Vietnam. Ethnic Laotian and Hmong veterans, and their families, led by Colonel Wangyee Vang formed the Lao Veterans of America in the aftermath of the war to help refugees in the camps in Thailand and to help former veterans and their families in the United States, especially with family reunification and resettlement issues.[7]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hmong_Americans

I suppose it can be argued that it's never enough.

How many Uighurs is the US obligated to take over since your Communist government is violating their basic human rights, D64?

D

Moves
05 Apr 21

D

Moves
05 Apr 21

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
05 Apr 21

Show us an independent report on institutionalized racism is the British government then.

D

Moves
05 Apr 21

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
05 Apr 21

Oh, so now it’s a collection of findings...

Me a fanatical racist? Damn. You’re an FFing moron with no concept of rationality or scale.

So this collection of many works you refer to, have proven institutionalized racism in British government, eh?
I wonder how scholarly this collection is...

Or is it a collection of feelings by people who didn’t get what they wanted?
There are many such collections. Indeed, Nazi anti-semitism sprang forth from the feeling of being left out because other groups had it better.

Just saying. Focus on the socio-economical is far more productive.

D

Moves
05 Apr 21
1 edit

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
05 Apr 21
1 edit

I think you are ignorant and stupid.
You really are the worst kind of racist troll around.

All reports aknowledge there are certain levels of racism. Every bloody conclusion is that it’s not instituionalized. And every bloody conclusion is that the problem is socio-economic and thst increasing chances of good education across the board is the best way of tackling the actual problems.

You’re so wrapped up in your Asian victimhood, you can’t see clearly.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
05 Apr 21

And by the way, you constantly calling me a racist is really starting to annoy me.

Stop it or I will report your posts.

D

Moves
05 Apr 21
1 edit

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
05 Apr 21

Prove institutionalized racism.
Or accept that there’s racism that should be stamped out.

I’m in the latter camp.
And as I’ve stated socio-economical situations need to be bettered.

I am not going to change my ideologie on the whining of a biased minority.
This does not mean to say that minorities should be ignored or anything like that.
But it does also not mean that minorities are per definition correct or objective.

D

Moves
05 Apr 21
1 edit