1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 19:27
    @vivify said
    Trump gave the rich a $1.3 trillion dollar tax break, which includes himself. He's clearly using the office of the presidency for financial gain. The problem isn't that he made money while being president, it's the he specifically used the power of the presidency to get rich.

This guy is corrupt.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/billionaire-president-donald-trump-net-worth-spending-2018-11#per-forbes-donald-trump-is-worth-an-estimated-21-billion-1

As recently as March, Trump was worth an estimated $3.1 billion, but his fortune took a $1 billion hit due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Like I said: Trump's debt causes him to make decisions that benefit him. Trump was recorded lying about the pandemic: this is why.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 19:311 edit
    @mott-the-hoople said
    the article is posting what the writer wants to say. There is nothing in it but the writers words and documents. A hit piece.
    You realize Forbes is one of the foremost authorities on the net worth of Rich people, right? Whenever someone's net worth is discussed, you nearly always hear "According to Forbes...".

What you're doing is like trying to bash NASA for their reporting their findings on space exploration.
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 20:032 edits
    @vivify said
    You realize Forbes is one of the foremost authorities on the net worth of Rich people, right? Whenever someone's net worth is discussed, you nearly always hear "According to Forbes...".

What you're doing is like trying to bash NASA for their reporting their findings on space exploration.
    Im saying there is no proof in that article. Didnt know forbes was involved in viewing illegally obtained tax documents, if there is any documents at all. NYT claims they have them, no one has seen them publicly.

Here is another hit piece by the same author...

https://politicalarena.org/2017/07/18/forbes-hit-piece-on-eric-trump-foundation-deceives-readers/
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 20:46
    @dood111 said
    Well, at least we know Trump hasn't made a fortune while in office like Obama, Biden, Pelosi have.
    Yes he has. He is not going to pay his debts.
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 21:10
    @mott-the-hoople said
    Im saying there is no proof in that article. Didnt know forbes was involved in viewing illegally obtained tax documents, if there is any documents at all.
    You can literally see the documents in the article.
  6. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 21:25
    @vivify said
    Trump is $1 billion in debt AFTER going bankrupt a whopping four times.

Bankrupt FOUR times.

Trump is a failure as businessman; his debt causes massive conflicts of interest with the presidency, which Trump has profited from immensely.
    I have a venture-capitalist friend who is purchasing an existing company. As part of his 'strategy', he plans to bankrupt the company after he buys it, transfer eligible assets to a similar-type country that he owns, very complicated, but legal. He will also get great tax-right offs, I am generalizing here. So here we have a successful guy who, well I'll be darned, is bankrupting.

Hopefully you will see from this that bankruptcy is a 'tool' used by many businessmen. Smart ones. I'd have never thought of it!!!
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 21:27
    @averagejoe1 said
    I have a venture-capitalist friend who is purchasing an existing company. As part of his 'strategy', he plans to bankrupt the company after he buys it, transfer eligible assets to a similar-type country that he owns, very complicated, but legal. He will also get great tax-right offs, I am generalizing here. So here we have a successful guy who, well I'll be darned, is b ...[text shortened]... s that bankruptcy is a 'tool' used by many businessmen. Smart ones. I'd have never thought of it!!!
    We need to change the laws so they can't do that anymore. There is no wealth increase in that nonsense but the guy gets paid. Not helpful to the economy.
  8. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 21:39
    @mghrn55 said
    Not to worry.......

Fredo (Junior) is running the show.
    This father/son relationship has got to be right out of Smokey and the Bandit.
    Buford T Justice and the idiot junior. 😆😆😆😆
    You're talking about Biden and his son Hunter, right?
  9. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 21:45
    @averagejoe1 said
    I have a venture-capitalist friend who is purchasing an existing company. As part of his 'strategy', he plans to bankrupt the company after he buys it, transfer eligible assets to a similar-type country that he owns, very complicated, but legal. He will also get great tax-right offs, I am generalizing here. So here we have a successful guy who, well I'll be darned, is b ...[text shortened]... s that bankruptcy is a 'tool' used by many businessmen. Smart ones. I'd have never thought of it!!!
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/05/07/us/politics/donald-trump-taxes.html

Trump filed bankruptcy after over one billion dollars in losses. This wasn't a deliberate strategy to earn money, it was the last resort of a failing business.
  10. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 22:25
    @athousandyoung said
    We need to change the laws so they can't do that anymore. There is no wealth increase in that nonsense but the guy gets paid. Not helpful to the economy.
    Maybe change the laws, but there is documentation from many years ago that allows it 'for some reason'. Anyone would take advantage of anything to further their business.
  11. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 22:26
    @vivify said
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/05/07/us/politics/donald-trump-taxes.html

Trump filed bankruptcy after over one billion dollars in losses. This wasn't a deliberate strategy to earn money, it was the last resort of a failing business.
    Now here you go saying 'it was a last resort of a failing business', that is just an opinion, you should worry that someone may mistake it as fact and write a post on it, which would be a waste of his time. Be civil, please.
  12. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 22:41
    @averagejoe1 said
    Loopholes for larceny.
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 23:07
    @vivify said

You sure he didn't just keep the money invested in the company and then declare bankruptcy?
  14. S. Korea
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 23:34
    Kind of boring content -- a man with billions of dollars also shares a debt with a massive realty investment group... a debt that is in the form of a loan?

If loans count as debts, then I imagine a sizable amount of the users here who haven't paid off their homes can be considered to have a massive debt, while the man I saw on a Russia Today documentary about Hong Kong cage houses that owns his 7 meter mini-flat and lives off of $500 a month is actually a very rich man as he has no debt.
  15. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 02:03
    @handyandy said
    Loopholes for larceny.
    Again, Handy, these are legal loopholes. Were you and Kevin born yesterday?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree