1. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 02:04
    @athousandyoung said
    You sure he didn't just keep the money invested in the company and then declare bankruptcy?
    No, I am not sure.
  2. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 02:07
    @philokalia said
    Kind of boring content -- a man with billions of dollars also shares a debt with a massive realty investment group... a debt that is in the form of a loan?

If loans count as debts, then I imagine a sizable amount of the users here who haven't paid off their homes can be considered to have a massive debt, while the man I saw on a Russia Today documentary about Hong Kong ...[text shortened]... s his 7 meter mini-flat and lives off of $500 a month is actually a very rich man as he has no debt.
    Would need more facts to respond to this, but I guess you are saying that a man who has no debt is a very rich man. That would be a relative statement, as you would have to define 'rich', but you are getting there. Maybe we can bring Suzianne along?
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 02:15
    @averagejoe1 said
    No, I am not sure.
    Wasn't talking to you.
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 03:53
    @averagejoe1 said
    When you say 'gave $1.3T, it brings to mind the Russian mayor's wife handing $3M to crooked Hunter. Why am I typing this? What a waste, the whole forum could actually do so much good.

Anyway, as a, ahem. biz man, of course Trump has debt. What a joke, your naivete'. Do you all not realize that most successful people BORROW money, debt is on normal balance sheets ...[text shortened]... e sheets. Y'all should only write about stuff that you at least have a working knowledge of. Whew.
    Are you suggetinf the way out of poverty in the US is not working 80 hours a week to pay for the trailer, but just to rack up millions in debt so people will invest in your obviously succesful enterprise?
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 04:33
    @averagejoe1 said
    Again, Handy, these are legal loopholes. Were you and Kevin born yesterday?
    Legal loopholes for larceny. Corporate finance 101.
  6. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 06:39
    @averagejoe1 said
    When you say 'gave $1.3T, it brings to mind the Russian mayor's wife handing $3M to crooked Hunter. Why am I typing this? What a waste, the whole forum could actually do so much good.

Anyway, as a, ahem. biz man, of course Trump has debt. What a joke, your naivete'. Do you all not realize that most successful people BORROW money, debt is on normal balance sheets ...[text shortened]... e sheets. Y'all should only write about stuff that you at least have a working knowledge of. Whew.
    Hahaha here we go the poster who thinks a weak currency is bad in and of itself is now a expert on economics and business management 😂😂
    Whew
    Successful businesses might borrow someone else’s money for investment but they pay it back with interest. They do not default, that is a failed business.
  7. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 12:251 edit
    @kevcvs57 - Hahaha here we go the poster who thinks a weak currency is bad in and of itself

Well, it basically is.

"Weak currency" means your currency is not in demand so much because your
    country is not producing the goods the world customers want.

And if your country also wants those coveted goods (likely will), they will pay high price for them. Supply and demand.
  8. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 12:34
    @shavixmir said
    Are you suggetinf the way out of poverty in the US is not working 80 hours a week to pay for the trailer, but just to rack up millions in debt so people will invest in your obviously succesful enterprise?
    Not a realistic premise, as one who does not work, has no employment, would not qualify for a loan.
  9. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 14:17
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @kevcvs57 - Hahaha here we go the poster who thinks a weak currency is bad in and of itself

Well, it basically is.

"Weak currency" means your currency is not in demand so much because your
    country is not producing the goods the world customers want.

And if your country also wants those coveted goods (likely will), they will pay high price for them. Supply and demand.
    No earl that’s not it at all, many countries orchestrate a weak currency via fiscal policy. They are trying to make their exports more attractive to other currency holders. Trump has been accusing China of just that from day one even though all countries do it for differing objectives. Countries that rely heavily on imports would probably favour a strong currency.
    It’s also an important factor when it comes to government borrowing / spending but it doesn’t surprise me that right wing types see it in terms of economic muscle.
  10. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 14:39
    @kevcvs57 said
    No earl that’s not it at all, many countries orchestrate a weak currency via fiscal policy. They are trying to make their exports more attractive to other currency holders. Trump has been accusing China of just that from day one even though all countries do it for differing objectives. Countries that rely heavily on imports would probably favour a strong currency.
    It’s also ...[text shortened]... wing / spending but it doesn’t surprise me that right wing types see it in terms of economic muscle.
    I dont quite get this post, but I definitely agree on the benefits of economic muscle!!!!!
  11. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 14:45
    @averagejoe1 said
    I dont quite get this post, but I definitely agree on the benefits of economic muscle!!!!!
    That’s why you didn’t get the post but did see the need for an inordinate number of exclamation marks.
  12. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 15:24
    @kevcvs57 said
    That’s why you didn’t get the post but did see the need for an inordinate number of exclamation marks.
    Well, I guess subliminally I want to be clear that economic muscle is GOOD, mainly to beat my competitors, as Trump tries to do to China every day. YOU seem imply that it is not good. I am one step away from saying that old movie line, greed is good. the moderators might kick me off!!!!!!!!!!! Y'all don't ever forget that successful businessmen/women create jobs. Don't you want that loser son out of your basement?
  13. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 16:25
    @kevcvs57 said
    It’s also ...[text shortened]... wing / spending but it doesn’t surprise me that right wing types see it in terms of economic muscle.
    Ok, so you want a weaker currency that buys less gold?

Fine, Kev.
  14. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 22:53
    @earl-of-trumps said

Fine, Kev.
    Run with this one, Earl....be aware that they want everything in the unnerve to be exactly equal.
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    21 Oct '20 00:13
    @earl-of-trumps said

Fine, Kev.
    Trump blamed China for currency manipulation when the value of the yuan went down. Why would he think China would do that? What benefit would China see if their money was weak?

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/05/trump-accuses-china-of-currency-manipulation-as-yuan-drops-to-new-low.html

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree