1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    21 Oct '20 00:14
    @averagejoe1 said
    Run with this one, Earl....be aware that they want everything in the unnerve to be exactly equal.
    And you guys want one person to own everything.
  2. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    21 Oct '20 01:20
    @athousandyoung said
    Trump blamed China for currency manipulation when the value of the yuan went down. Why would he think China would do that? What benefit would China see if their money was weak?

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/05/trump-accuses-china-of-currency-manipulation-as-yuan-drops-to-new-low.html
    I don't know.

It may be tied somehow, to loans we owe to china and china getting more dollars this way. not sure.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    21 Oct '20 02:024 edits
    @earl-of-trumps said
    I don't know.

It may be tied somehow, to loans we owe to china and china getting more dollars this way. not sure.
    I can give you the answer. It's because if the yuan is weak, Chinese goods will be inexpensive for foreign customers. This provides a strong economic incentive for Chinese manufacturers to ramp up production (and for foreigners to stop manufacturing) because they have the whole world as a market. This makes it hard for Trump to increase manufacturing jobs in the USA which is something he wants to do.

It's more complex than you think. A weak currency is not necessarily a bad thing. Gold is economically nearly worthless and basing economic policy based on how much gold you can buy is an idea Adam Smith helped make obsolete centuries ago.

https://www.crf-usa.org/bill-of-rights-in-action/bria-23-1-a-adam-smith-and-the-wealth-of-nations.html

The mercantilist nations believed that the more gold and silver they acquired, the more wealth they possessed. Smith believed that this economic policy was foolish and actually limited the potential for "real wealth," which he defined as "the annual produce of the land and labor of the society."
  4. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    21 Oct '20 11:46
    @athousandyoung said
    And you guys want one person to own everything.
    I see what you are saying, but you are also saying that you want Everyone to own everything, you, know.....Marxism. Who yall going to replace Tim Cook at Apple with? Will Warren Buffet be forced to work in a factory assembly line? Bezos in jail. Why cant yall leave people the hell alone? A nosy lot.
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    21 Oct '20 13:18
    @averagejoe1 said
    Well, I guess subliminally I want to be clear that economic muscle is GOOD, mainly to beat my competitors, as Trump tries to do to China every day. YOU seem imply that it is not good. I am one step away from saying that old movie line, greed is good. the moderators might kick me off!!!!!!!!!!! Y'all don't ever forget that successful businessmen/women create jobs. Don't you want that loser son out of your basement?
    Nope your still not making any sense at all.
  6. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    21 Oct '20 13:32
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Ok, so you want a weaker currency that buys less gold?

Fine, Kev.
    As a citizen of a country that generally imports more goods than it exports I would probably favour a strong currency but if I was a president who promised to bring manufacturing jobs home I would favour a weak currency.
    Some people are clearly under the impression that the terms ‘currency’ and ‘economy’ are interchangeable.
    Personally I prefer Ruby’s and Sapphires.
  7. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    21 Oct '20 14:22
    @kevcvs57 said
    Nope your still not making any sense at all.
    I am not making sense that successful businessman create jobs?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree