Trump's Mar-a-Lago raided.

Trump's Mar-a-Lago raided.

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
10 Aug 22

@metal-brain said
This is just a distraction from Trump staying silent about the capitol police letting protesters in. Trump is a fraud. He is fine with that raid because it brings him media attention and his supporters will be fooled into thinking the deep state is against him. Trump will not be charged with any crime. If they wanted classified documents back all they had to do was ask.
...[text shortened]... ump. There will be no legal repercussions from it. Trump is probably laughing about the whole thing.
Stop spamming the thread.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
10 Aug 22

@averagejoe1 said
Suzianne??"??
WHAT?!?

Before my name comes out of your mouth again, go back and read my answer to the post you quoted.

And then leave me the F alone.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
10 Aug 22

@averagejoe1 said
Suzianne???????? Hillary got eleven hours to explain herself, Trump has never been given one minute !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suzianne....be a woman or a trans or a choice or whatever you are, can you explain this one???" I am in a learning mode, take your best shot!
I already explained it, stupid.

Run off back down the thread and stop bothering me.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
10 Aug 22

@shavixmir said
Yeah. I’m sure the FBI is raiding the place looking for nothing…
They have a warrant.

That means they have probable cause.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
10 Aug 22

Seemingly it’s an investigation by the records and archives people. trump took material to his resort which should have been archived.

Well, as crimes go… that’s not a biggie. The Dutch prime minister just says: “Oh, I have no active memory of that.”
And it’s swept under a carpet (not a bloody joke either).

Anyhoo… democrat or republican… surely one must admire the irony if trump is brought down by a librarian.
That would be just too funny.

The ony thing funnier would be if he got arrested for gay cultural misappropriation by the Village People.

Moves
10 Aug 22
2 edits

@AverageJoe1
Will you be submitting an amicus curiae brief in this case?
What makes you think Trump would ever comply with a subpoena?
If you really are a lawyer, I'm sure you must be aware that "planted" evidence would be insufficient in itself.
Maybe they have people from the lower ranks who are willing to testify under oath that they helped Boss Trump obtain the "planted" stuff.

MB

Moves
10 Aug 22

This is just a distraction from Trump staying silent about the capitol police letting protesters in. Trump is a fraud. He is fine with that raid because it brings him media attention and his supporters will be fooled into thinking the deep state is against him. Trump will not be charged with any crime. If they wanted classified documents back all they had to do was ask.

This is just a convenient way for the news media to give him valuable attention without it seeming like they wanted to. All this is doing is stoking up partisan division and giving Trump much needed media attention.

This whole raid is a big win for Trump. There will be no legal repercussions from it. Trump is probably laughing about the whole thing.

Moves
10 Aug 22

@sonhouse said
@Suzianne
You are supposed to fly off the handle in a snot slinging rantπŸ™‚
Nah mate, she leaves that to you and your all-caps.

Moves
10 Aug 22

@averagejoe1 said
What/Why is J6? I must live in another plane.
Playing stupid has never worked for you, Joe. It's not working now.

MB

Moves
10 Aug 22

This is interesting.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
10 Aug 22

@shallow-blue said
Playing stupid has never worked for you, Joe. It's not working now.
Well he’s convinced me, I’m absolutely certain he’s stupid.

Lake Como

Moves
10 Aug 22
1 edit

@suzianne said
Because Congress knows exactly what we all know. Trump is a liar. It would become a dog-and-pony show. For evidence, look at his first impeachment hearings. This is why Cheney did not want clown show Republicans on the J6 Committee.
TO SUZIANNE. Call this an answer? A person is still allowed to defend themselves, Hillary was allowed for 11 hours to defend herself, Trump was not. You say that the Congress knew exactly what his transgressions were, then why isnit something done about it. That means they don’t know anything, and that he should be able to defend himself. Suzanne why was he not allowed to answer questions like Hillary was? As to Congress ‘knowing., ‘They knew she destroyed government property and 33,000 pieces of evidence. Among otther things, like proffering lying to FISA. Yet she was still allowed an interview.

Misfit King

Moves
10 Aug 22

@shavixmir said
Seemingly it’s an investigation by the records and archives people. trump took material to his resort which should have been archived.

Well, as crimes go… that’s not a biggie. The Dutch prime minister just says: “Oh, I have no active memory of that.”
And it’s swept under a carpet (not a bloody joke either).

Anyhoo… democrat or republican… surely one must admire the i ...[text shortened]... y thing funnier would be if he got arrested for gay cultural misappropriation by the Village People.
No need for a raid with guns out and putting on a big show πŸ™„

The FBI looks stupid.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
10 Aug 22

@beowulf said
No need for a raid with guns out and putting on a big show πŸ™„

The FBI looks stupid.
It would be quite unusual for the FBI to perform such a raid and criminal charges not to eventually follow. But the whole situation is unprecedented at least in the US.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
10 Aug 22

@averagejoe1 said
TO SUZIANNE. Call this an answer? A person is still allowed to defend themselves, Hillary was allowed for 11 hours to defend herself, Trump was not. You say that the Congress knew exactly what his transgressions were, then why isnit something done about it. That means they don’t know anything, and that he should be able to defend himself. Suzanne why was he not allowed ...[text shortened]... vidence. Among otther things, like proffering lying to FISA. Yet she was still allowed an interview.
You're being ridiculous as usual; no one is stopping Donald Trump for being interviewed by investigators but Donald Trump. That is, of course, his right.