Voter fraud rewarded by democrats

Voter fraud rewarded by democrats

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
24 Mar 14

Originally posted by wittywonka
No, the Democratic position is that the potential costs of stricter "voter fraud prevention mechanisms"--e.g., effectively and systematically disenfranchising thousands of otherwise eligible voters--are not worth the minimal gains, given that voter fraud is already extremely rare.

It's always going to be a balancing act. We could restrict voting to tho ...[text shortened]... voter fraud are not worth the costs, whereas Republicans argue that the costs justify the gains.
Do you actually believe what you are saying or just regurgitating party positions. Showing a picture ID is hardly disenfranchising any legitimate voter.

Voter fraud is claimed to be rare, but there continue to be lots of examples of it almost always in heavily Democrat areas. Are we really to believe that many precincts had zero R votes in a Presidential election?

w

Moves
24 Mar 14

Originally posted by normbenign
Do you actually believe what you are saying or just regurgitating party positions. Showing a picture ID is hardly disenfranchising any legitimate voter.

Voter fraud is claimed to be rare, but there continue to be lots of examples of it almost always in heavily Democrat areas. Are we really to believe that many precincts had zero R votes in a Presidential election?
Witty speaks in absolutes. He is absolutely sure that having to show a picture ID is disenfranchising voters.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
24 Mar 14
1 edit

Originally posted by normbenign

This is just outright ignorance. Pennsylvania is typical:

More than 758,000 registered voters in Pennsylvania do not have photo identification cards from the state Transportation Department, putting their voting rights at risk in the November election, according to data released Tuesday by state election officials.

The figures - representing 9.2 percent of the state's 8.2 million voters -

http://articles.philly.com/2012-07-05/news/32537732_1_voter-id-new-voter-id-cards

This is just another example of right wing hypocrisy, railing about Big Government but then supporting this type of "show me your papers" before one can exercise a fundamental right. Of course, the fact that minorities who overwhelming vote Democratic are less likely to have a picture ID must have nothing to do with it.....................................

E

Moves
24 Mar 14

How many countries in the world do not have a voter identification requirement in place to vote?

If a person is able to get an id card, but is too lazy to get it, then does requiring one take away rights? Perhaps, but it isn't the right to vote, it is the right to be lazy.

Of course there is the flip side of the issue which is why almost all countries require identification, fraud.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
24 Mar 14

Originally posted by Eladar
How many countries in the world do not have a voter identification requirement in place to vote?

If a person is able to get an id card, but is too lazy to get it, then does requiring one take away rights? Perhaps, but it isn't the right to vote, it is the right to be lazy.

Of course there is the flip side of the issue which is why almost all countries require identification, fraud.
How many countries in the world don't have universal healthcare?

In Texas, the nearest place to get the approved State ID card might be 100 miles or more away. Guess those "lazy" people without cars should walk.

K

Germany

Moves
24 Mar 14

I need a photo ID to vote, but said ID is easy to obtain and fairly cheap (although I believe the state ought to provide it free of charge since they are the ones demanding I own one in the first place).

People who don't think that the recent drive to combat "voter fraud" is driven by a desire to disenfranchise Democrat voters should visit the nearest clinic for medication fighting their pathological naiveté.

t

Garner, NC

Moves
24 Mar 14

Originally posted by whodey
Why the democrats of course.

Democrats are on the side of the poor. Therefore, any law they break or any Robin Hood tactics are thus justified. Conversely, Republicans hate the poor and wish to torture and kill them.

Democrats good, Republicans bad.
Come on whodey, Democrats take ethic violations seriously.

Sandy Berger got 2 years probation for stealing classified documents from the national archives. That's VERY serious.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
24 Mar 14

Originally posted by techsouth
Come on whodey, Democrats take ethic violations seriously.

Sandy Berger got 2 years probation for stealing classified documents from the national archives. That's VERY serious.
What did Elliott Abrams get?

E

Moves
24 Mar 14

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
I need a photo ID to vote, but said ID is easy to obtain and fairly cheap (although I believe the state ought to provide it free of charge since they are the ones demanding I own one in the first place).

People who don't think that the recent drive to combat "voter fraud" is driven by a desire to disenfranchise Democrat voters should visit the nearest clinic for medication fighting their pathological naiveté.
Are you saying that ID is not easy to obtain in the US and fairly cheap?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
24 Mar 14

It seems that it is sufficiently difficult to get that millions of eligible voters don't have it.

E

Moves
24 Mar 14

Originally posted by no1marauder
It seems that it is sufficiently difficult to get that millions of eligible voters don't have it.
You mean they don't have them because they are difficult to get? Or is it that people just haven't required it yet and people are lazy?

K

Germany

Moves
24 Mar 14

That is exactly what I'm saying.

E

Moves
24 Mar 14

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
That is exactly what I'm saying.
I guess you have no clue about how things are in the US.

E

Moves
24 Mar 14

I guess you have no clue about how things are in the US.
http://www.ncdot.gov/dmv/driver/id/

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
24 Mar 14

http://www.ncdot.gov/dmv/driver/id/
http://www.ncdot.gov/download/dmv/VoterIDListFinalDL231_01012014.pdf