1. Germany
    Moves
    23 Mar '14 15:19
    Originally posted by whodey
    I have no idea what you are babbling about.
    You know, I pity you sometimes, desperately trying to grasp a world too complex for you to fathom.

Can you answer the original question? Who are the good guys?
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Mar '14 15:19
    Yea, they question all the time. They question Charley Rangel regarding his 20 some ethics violations, and they question Obama as to why he violates the War Powers Act in Libya etc., even you did that. But in the end, you are all one big happy left winged family and will not seek to prosecute law breakers like these because there is more "progress" going on that not.
    BTW I know you hate it when I bring up these annoying facts, but Charlie Rangel was found guilty of 11 ethics counts and was censured with more than 2/3 of House Democrats voting for that penalty.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Mar '14 15:22
    You are the legal expert, you tell me.

Now back to topic. What should happen to the democrats who made this woman into a celebrity?
    No, you answer it. Earlier you were bitching about law breaking for a "good cause" being insufficiently punished in your opinion. So what sentence should Snowden get?

They should be chastised as they were by the Democratic leadership in that State IMO. What is your opinion?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Mar '14 15:27
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    BTW I know you hate it when I bring up these annoying facts, but Charlie Rangel was found guilty of 11 ethics counts and was censured with more than 2/3 of House Democrats voting for that penalty.
    So let me get this straight, Rangel was found to break the law 11 times and was only "censured"?

Is that justice?

BTW, you railed against Obama for breaking the War Powers Act when he went into Libya. What should happen there do you think?

Essentially these people break laws with impunity, other than a slap on the wrist.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Mar '14 15:29
    No, you answer it. Earlier you were bitching about law breaking for a "good cause" being insufficiently punished in your opinion. So what sentence should Snowden get?

They should be chastised as they were by the Democratic leadership in that State IMO. What is your opinion?
    Here you have a man who recognizes that the NSA was breaking laws themselves. So what should he do?

He chose to expose them and run for his life. It is hard to say what a lawless government would actually do to him, even if they promised not to prosecute him. It is like what Obama said about closing club Gitmo down. His word is about as good as any common criminal.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Mar '14 15:31
    Here you have a man who recognizes that the NSA was breaking laws themselves. So what should he do?

He chose to expose them and run for his life. It is hard to say what a lawless government would actually do to him, even if they promised not to prosecute him. It is like what Obama said about closing club Gitmo down. His word is about as good as any common criminal.
    Try answering the question without all the spin and propaganda.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Mar '14 15:32
    Try answering the question without all the spin and propaganda.
    Right back at ya.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Mar '14 15:36
    So let me get this straight, Rangel was found to break the law 11 times and was only "censured"?

Is that justice?

BTW, you railed against Obama for breaking the War Powers Act when he went into Libya. What should happen there do you think?

Essentially these people break laws with impunity, other than a slap on the wrist.
    No, he was found guilty of 11 House ethics regulations. Those aren't laws and are certainly not criminal laws.

"Censure" is the highest penalty for such violations except for expulsion. Expulsion of a sitting House member for non-criminal violations is Constitutionally problematic. At any rate, the House Ethics Committee voted for censure; nobody voted for expulsion that I am aware of.

Presidents have been breaking the War Powers Act with impunity since it was passed. IMO it would be good grounds for impeachment, but Obama would hardly be the first president who should have been impeached for conducting unconstitutional wars.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Mar '14 15:36
    Right back at ya.
    In other words, you won't.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Mar '14 15:381 edit
    In other words, you won't.
    How do you sentence a man who has simply revealed that his government is lawless? Sure he broke the law, but there is no justice without an objective law abiding judge.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Mar '14 15:45
    How do you sentence a man who has simply revealed that his government is lawless? Sure he broke the law, but there is no justice without an objective law abiding judge.
    OK. So would you like to retract this statement:

Simply put, they think their causes are "good", so if things like rule of law stand in their way they it gets trampled or ignored.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Mar '14 15:47
    No, he was found guilty of 11 House ethics regulations. Those aren't laws and are certainly not criminal laws.

"Censure" is the highest penalty for such violations except for expulsion. Expulsion of a sitting House member for non-criminal violations is Constitutionally problematic. At any rate, the House Ethics Committee voted for censure; n ...[text shortened]... rdly be the first president who should have been impeached for conducting unconstitutional wars.
    Rangel did such things as soliciting income in illegal fashion and then failed to disclose hundreds of thousands of dollars in income. If it were you and I, we would be in jail.

You drive home my point with the War Powers Act. Essentially you have laws on the books that are completely ignored. This is what I have been saying in this thread and something you apparently agree with. The only disagreement is that you are all for leaving the bastards in office as where I'm for putting an end to this tyrannical anarchy.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Mar '14 15:48
    OK. So would you like to retract this statement:

Simply put, they think their causes are "good", so if things like rule of law stand in their way they it gets trampled or ignored.
    What I'm saying is that I would love to see Snowden held accountable for breaking his oath to not reveal secrets.

Maybe he should be censured. 😵
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Mar '14 15:501 edit
    The federal government is and has been a lawless freight train for some time now. As people fail to rise up and demand it reform itself, it just becomes increasingly more powerful and corrupt and destructive.

I suspect that is why the Senate is now allowed to get away with not passing budgets. They don't pass one even though they are required to do so under law. But I know why they don't pass a budget, it's because they are ashamed at how they are raping the country of its future.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Mar '14 15:58
    Rangel did such things as soliciting income in illegal fashion and then failed to disclose hundreds of thousands of dollars in income. If it were you and I, we would be in jail.

You drive home my point with the War Powers Act. Essentially you have laws on the books that are completely ignored. This is what I have been saying in this thread and something ...[text shortened]... l for leaving the bastards in office as where I'm for putting an end to this tyrannical anarchy.
    Actually the point of the thread according to its title is a false claim that Democrats "rewarded" voter fraud.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree