1. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    11 Nov '18 01:44
    @no1marauder said
    There was a "coup"? Guess I missed that bit of (mis)information.
    you miss a lot...you also lie a lot. 😉
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '18 04:11
    @no1marauder said
    There was a "coup"? Guess I missed that bit of (mis)information.
    You are a little behind for someone who claims others are not informed. Why do you think I implied DJT could have other reasons?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rod-rosenstein-denies-report-saying-he-discussed-invoking-25th-amendment-to-remove-trump/
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Nov '18 04:362 edits
    @metal-brain said
    You are a little behind for someone who claims others are not informed. Why do you think I implied DJT could have other reasons?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rod-rosenstein-denies-report-saying-he-discussed-invoking-25th-amendment-to-remove-trump/
    I'm aware of that non-story. I was objecting to the absurd statement that any type of "coup" was planned.

Trump had this "information" back in September and didn't fire Rosenstein. I'm rather indifferent as to whether he does now actually; Whittaker is now in charge of oversight of the investigation (though his appointment may be unconstitutional) and Rosenstein is no longer critical. In fact it might be better for the country if Trump did fire him; he would then be free to publicly testify about Trump's extraordinary efforts to obstruct justice. That would make excellent TV viewing.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Nov '18 19:30
    @mott-the-hoople said
    oh...wearing a wire to facilitate a coup on our president is nothing is it?
    He said, what do you want me to do, wear a wire? You can't recognize sarcasm when you hear it? I guess not, you love to run with BS tales no matter how flimsy the source. It goes with your persona.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 Nov '18 07:37
    @no1marauder said
    I'm aware of that non-story. I was objecting to the absurd statement that any type of "coup" was planned.

Trump had this "information" back in September and didn't fire Rosenstein. I'm rather indifferent as to whether he does now actually; Whittaker is now in charge of oversight of the investigation (though his appointment may be unconstitutional) and Rosenstein is no ...[text shortened]... stify about Trump's extraordinary efforts to obstruct justice. That would make excellent TV viewing.
    That is silly. Rosenstein said this to avoid having to resign:

"But let me be clear about this: Based on my personal dealings with the president, there is no basis to invoke the 25th Amendment."

He would have to explain why someone who obstructed justice would not deserve impeachment. Besides, Rosenstein doesn't know that Trump tried to obstruct justice any more than you do. Only DJT knows if he tried to do that.

Your claim that Trump tried to obstruct justice is a theory. There is no actual proof that he tried to do that. It may look that way to loyal democrats, but you can't convict or impeach someone based on a theory. Just silly.
  6. Germany
    Moves
    12 Nov '18 07:40
    @metal-brain said
    That is silly. Rosenstein said this to avoid having to resign:

"But let me be clear about this: Based on my personal dealings with the president, there is no basis to invoke the 25th Amendment."

He would have to explain why someone who obstructed justice would not deserve impeachment. Besides, Rosenstein doesn't know that Trump tried to obstruct justice any more th ...[text shortened]... that way to loyal democrats, but you can't convict or impeach someone based on a theory. Just silly.
    Trump said on live TV that he fired Comey to obstruct the investigation into Russian meddling.
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 Nov '18 07:47
    @kazetnagorra said
    Trump said on live TV that he fired Comey to obstruct the investigation into Russian meddling.
    No he didn't. Stop making up false quotes.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    12 Nov '18 07:56
    @metal-brain said
    No he didn't. Stop making up false quotes.
    Here's the literal quote:
    But regardless of recommendation, I was going to fire Comey knowing there was no good time to do it And in fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself — I said, you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story. It’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should’ve won.

It's interesting to note that at the time of this quote, Donald Trump was aware of his son's illegally seeking aid from the Kremlin in order to influence the election.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 Nov '18 08:01
    @kazetnagorra said
    Here's the literal quote:
    But regardless of recommendation, I was going to fire Comey knowing there was no good time to do it And in fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself — I said, you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story. It’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should’ve won.

It's ...[text shortened]... mp was aware of his son's illegally seeking aid from the Kremlin in order to influence the election.
    Nowhere in that quote does he say he obstructed justice. It does not even contain the word "obstruct".

You need to learn the difference between a quote and an interpretation.
  10. Germany
    Moves
    12 Nov '18 08:09
    @metal-brain said
    Nowhere in that quote does he say he obstructed justice. It does not even contain the word "obstruct".

You need to learn the difference between a quote and an interpretation.
    It says he fired Comey to obstruct the Russia investigation. I never said he literally used the word "obstruct."
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 Nov '18 08:30
    @kazetnagorra said
    It says he fired Comey to obstruct the Russia investigation. I never said he literally used the word "obstruct."
    " I said, you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story. It’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should’ve won."

He said it was a "made up story". You cannot obstruct something that does not exist.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Nov '18 10:25
    @metal-brain said
    " I said, you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story. It’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should’ve won."

He said it was a "made up story". You cannot obstruct something that does not exist.
    Yes, he lied.

He does that a lot.
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 Nov '18 10:56
    @no1marauder said
    Yes, he lied.

He does that a lot.
    Prove it. If there was any proof he would be impeached and Pence would be our president.

Kazet knows the difference between theory and fact, but his partisan side will not let him see it all the time. Believing Trump lied and proving it are two different things.

DJT never obstructed the investigation. He obstructed Comey from being a part of the investigation. You partisan creatures need to acknowledge that.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Nov '18 11:00
    @metal-brain said
    Prove it. If there was any proof he would be impeached and Pence would be our president.

Kazet knows the difference between theory and fact, but his partisan side will not let him see it all the time. Believing Trump lied and proving it are two different things.

DJT never obstructed the investigation. He obstructed Comey from being a part of the investigation. You partisan creatures need to acknowledge that.
    You've been showed overwhelming proof.
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 Nov '18 11:06
    @no1marauder said
    You've been showed overwhelming proof.
    LOL!!!!!!

You expressed your opinion but offered no proof. The investigation was not obstructed so you are left with the burden of proving intent. Did DJT intend to obstruct the investigation? Only he knows.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree