1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Nov '18 11:15
    @metal-brain said
    LOL!!!!!!

You expressed your opinion but offered no proof. The investigation was not obstructed so you are left with the burden of proving intent. Did DJT intend to obstruct the investigation? Only he knows.
    That's ridiculous; people's intent is proven in law all the time - we don't just take their word for it.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Nov '18 11:18
    Ten months later, as we release the updated second edition of the report, it has become apparent that the president’s pattern of potentially obstructive conduct is much more extensive than we knew. To take only a few examples, it has since been reported that President Trump: attempted to block Attorney General Sessions’ recusing himself from the Russia investigation despite the AG’s clear legal duty to do so; asked Sessions to reverse his recusal decision; demanded and obtained the resignation of Sessions for his failure to contain the Russia investigation (before ultimately rejecting it); twice ordered the firing of Special Counsel Robert Mueller; dictated a false account for a key witness, his son Donald Trump Jr., of the June 9, 2016 Trump Tower meeting between campaign and Russian representatives; publicly attacked Special Counsel Mueller and key witnesses to the obstruction case; and has repeatedly disputed the underlying Russian attack and Vladimir Putin’s role in it despite possessing evidence to the contrary.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/presidential-obstruction-of-justice-the-case-of-donald-j-trump-2nd-edition/
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 Nov '18 11:22
    @no1marauder said
    That's ridiculous; people's intent is proven in law all the time - we don't just take their word for it.
    LOL!!!!!

That is why I'm not taking your word for it. Prove it!
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 Nov '18 11:24
    @no1marauder said
    Ten months later, as we release the updated second edition of the report, it has become apparent that the president’s pattern of potentially obstructive conduct is much more extensive than we knew. To take only a few examples, it has since been reported that President Trump: attempted to block Attorney General Sessions’ recusing himself from the Russia investigation despi ...[text shortened]... w.brookings.edu/research/presidential-obstruction-of-justice-the-case-of-donald-j-trump-2nd-edition/
    I dispute the underlying Russian attack and Vladimir Putin’s role in it. There is no evidence.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Nov '18 11:28
    @metal-brain said
    I dispute the underlying Russian attack and Vladimir Putin’s role in it. There is no evidence.
    Just because you keep saying something that is counterfactual, doesn't make it true.

Here's some light reading for you:

https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/GS_82218_Obstruction_2nd-edition.pdf
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 Nov '18 11:331 edit
    @no1marauder said
    Just because you keep saying something that is counterfactual, doesn't make it true.

Here's some light reading for you:

https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/GS_82218_Obstruction_2nd-edition.pdf
    Right back at you.
    If you were being factual you would show proof.

If you are so sure of yourself write a letter to Mueller so you can help him see what he missed. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Nov '18 11:37
    @metal-brain said
    Right back at you.
    If you were being factual you would show proof.

If you are so sure of yourself write a letter to Mueller so you can help him see what he missed. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm sure Flynn, Manafort and the rest thought Mueller had "missed" something, too.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 Nov '18 14:04
    @no1marauder said
    I'm sure Flynn, Manafort and the rest thought Mueller had "missed" something, too.
    LOL!!!

Tell Mueller about it. Maybe he will be so impressed he will give you a job. Then you can help him indict DJT and you will be hailed as a legal genius. Where would the world be without you? If only Rosenstein appointed you instead of Mueller to save a lot of time and money.

😵
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Nov '18 14:51
    @metal-brain said
    LOL!!!

Tell Mueller about it. Maybe he will be so impressed he will give you a job. Then you can help him indict DJT and you will be hailed as a legal genius. Where would the world be without you? If only Rosenstein appointed you instead of Mueller to save a lot of time and money.

😵
    I have asked you time and time again to explain why you are so pro Trump. Why don't you just say in plain English why this is so, in spite of massive evidence he doesn't give a crap about people, his latest bit refusing to even visit the graves of the military dead in WW1. You I guess will just go along with the story, well, it was raining. Or the fact Trump has not visited a single military man in Europe or much of anywhere else that they didn't come to the WH. Now his tweet about forest fire management saying it is all mismanagement and he is thinking of denying fed funds for that. He doesn't seem to know those fires are not forest fires but brush fires and they have been happening in California for thousands of years before any humans were around.

It's just a fact of life you get times of no rain, plenty of dried fuel and a single lightning strike and you get a huge brush fire. Trump is unable to understand that fact.

Yet you see the same things we do but yet keep supporting him. Why is that? Can you say without just deflecting like Well, look at how corrupt Hillary is or some such other deflection. Or Give me the evidence, when you could look up stuff with google just as easily as we can and do. So tell me, why?
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 Nov '18 18:25
    @sonhouse said
    I have asked you time and time again to explain why you are so pro Trump. Why don't you just say in plain English why this is so, in spite of massive evidence he doesn't give a crap about people, his latest bit refusing to even visit the graves of the military dead in WW1. You I guess will just go along with the story, well, it was raining. Or the fact Trump has not visited ...[text shortened]... evidence, when you could look up stuff with google just as easily as we can and do. So tell me, why?
    How many times do I have to tell you I am NOT pro Trump? I am guided by facts, not partisan bias like you and no1. Did you not notice the thread I created about Trump's tariff failure? Did I seem pro Trump in that thread? Nope.

I defend people when they are right and I condemn them when they are wrong. I don't ignore the wrongs of a politician because I like their political affiliation either. That is exactly why this country is screwed up. It isn't screwed up because Peter Potus is president and he is a republican. It is screwed up because BOTH republicans and democrats settle for what they think is the lesser of two evils. Apologists of BOTH political parties have allowed their standards to become so low it is PATHETIC!
    The dims and repubgnants are both to blame.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Nov '18 18:471 edit
    @metal-brain said
    How many times do I have to tell you I am NOT pro Trump? I am guided by facts, not partisan bias like you and no1. Did you not notice the thread I created about Trump's tariff failure? Did I seem pro Trump in that thread? Nope.

I defend people when they are right and I condemn them when they are wrong. I don't ignore the wrongs of a politician because I like their poli ...[text shortened]... llowed their standards to become so low it is PATHETIC!
    The dims and repubgnants are both to blame.
    Dims. Well that shows your bias right there, you claim to be neutral but use a pejorative to describe democrats. You really think there is ANYTHING right about Trump? You think it fake news that he has lied going on 7000 times since he took office? Do you doubt he is actively trying to shut down the Mueller probe? You think it's just fine he never visited the graves of WW1 vets? You don't consider that a snub? You think it ok he has now been shown to have committed campaign finance fraud about the stormy and such payments conveniently just as he was in his election campaign? You think it's ok his so-called charitable foundation just siphons money to his own uses? Just what does it take for you to go from your alleged neutral stance to one of realizing he is a fraud?

Are you listed as an independent? If you are, why do you think Trump acts the way he does?
  12. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    12 Nov '18 19:051 edit
    @metal-brain said
    I think that is the whole purpose of the Mueller investigation.
    That is, to find the evidence.
    Or come to the conclusion that there is no evidence.

If Trump and his supporters and FOX Propaganda Network constantly tell the world that there is nothing there, and if they are right, wouldn't Mueller's final report just confirm that ?

What is apparent to me is that the continuous attacks on Mueller, Sessions and all contribute to the optics that leaves me, as an external (Canadian) observer, to be deeply suspicious of this administration.

If Trump keeps acting like he has something to hide, the public will eventually believe just that.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Nov '18 20:18
    @mghrn55 said
    I think that is the whole purpose of the Mueller investigation.
    That is, to find the evidence.
    Or come to the conclusion that there is no evidence.

If Trump and his supporters and FOX Propaganda Network constantly tell the world that there is nothing there, and if they are right, wouldn't Mueller's final report just confirm that ?

What is apparent to me is that the co ...[text shortened]...
    If Trump keeps acting like he has something to hide, the public will eventually believe just that.
    Oh he has a LOT to hide. It is no coincidence he has fought giving out his tax forms.
    For starters.
  14. Germany
    Moves
    12 Nov '18 20:59
    @metal-brain said
    LOL!!!

😵
    Numerous criminals, many of them high-ranking Trump administration and election campaign officials, have already been indicted or sentenced, and more are likely to follow.
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 Nov '18 22:15
    @sonhouse said
    Dims. Well that shows your bias right there, you claim to be neutral but use a pejorative to describe democrats. You really think there is ANYTHING right about Trump? You think it fake news that he has lied going on 7000 times since he took office? Do you doubt he is actively trying to shut down the Mueller probe? You think it's just fine he never visited the graves of WW ...[text shortened]... fraud?

Are you listed as an independent? If you are, why do you think Trump acts the way he does?
    Repubgnants. That shows my bias against both. Since you overlooked that part dims seems like the perfect way to describe you.
    I was calling republicans repugnant. Didn't you catch onto that? No bias for one or the other.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree