1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 15:48
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Like you really give a rats ass about that.
    Ssseriousssly, sssonhouse: with the then-used Sss-band technology, what wasss the lag time?
    Housston sssaysss sssomething, asstronautsss hear it... how long after it wasss sssaid?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 20:06
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Ssseriousssly, sssonhouse: with the then-used Sss-band technology, what wasss the lag time?
    Housston sssaysss sssomething, asstronautsss hear it... how long after it wasss sssaid?
    You might find it interesting to know RF and optics travel at the same speed in space. So you can do the math, 299.792,458 meters per second. The moon is about 382,240,000 meters so a two way trip, you can do it, you have a Phd in math right?
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 20:31
    You might find it interesting to know RF and optics travel at the same speed in space. So you can do the math, 299.792,458 meters per second. The moon is about 382,240,000 meters so a two way trip, you can do it, you have a Phd in math right?
    Don't count on it; in some cases "PhD" stands for "post hole digger."
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 23:41
    Speed of optics?
    Can't say I've ever heard the phrase.
    Spare me the insults: from you they carry no weight.
    What was the lag time?
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jan '17 12:412 edits
    Speed of optics?
    Can't say I've ever heard the phrase.
    Spare me the insults: from you they carry no weight.
    What was the lag time?
    So you can't actually calculate ((382*2)/299). Wow. You went HOW far in school?

You also didn't even know optics refers to wavelengths of electromagnetic radiation with a size of about 1/25,000 th of an inch, or visible light? So you can't make the giant leap from optics to speed of light?
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    27 Jan '17 13:31
    So you can't actually calculate ((382*2)/299). Wow. You went HOW far in school?

You also didn't even know optics refers to wavelengths of electromagnetic radiation with a size of about 1/25,000 th of an inch, or visible light? So you can't make the giant leap from optics to speed of light?
    Oh, I know what optics refers to, but I've never heard of the phrase "speed of optics" which is mostly on account that, despite being real words, is not a commonly used phrase... by anyone but you.

And whatever my level of formal education, I haven't forsaken my natural curiosity or critical thinking.

I have purchased a fairly significant quantity of popcorn in anticipation of the meltdown that is coming very soon when the subterfuge and lies which have been disseminated from those lying curs at NASA are publicly exposed in an irrefutable way.

If I had my granddad's ham radio, your handle would be the first and only one dialed in: cannot wait to hear your reactions!
  7. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    27 Jan '17 13:49
    The poor ol fart's meltdown will be epic. Popcorn in the microwave.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    27 Jan '17 14:12
    Originally posted by Seitse
    The poor ol fart's meltdown will be epic. Popcorn in the microwave.
    I just hope he has a strong ticker: out of all of the naysayers, he holds a special place as the lead ditship.
  9. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    27 Jan '17 15:48
    I just hope he has a strong ticker: out of all of the naysayers, he holds a special place as the lead ditship.
    Be careful, he'll call you an "a-hole" as he is known to do, and that will break your heart.
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    27 Jan '17 19:36
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Be careful, he'll call you an "a-hole" as he is known to do, and that will break your heart.
    I, for one, am ssso ssseriousssly ready for all eventualitiesss.
    Sssend it.
    He doesssn't ssscare me!
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jan '17 21:131 edit
    Oh, I know what optics refers to, but I've never heard of the phrase "speed of optics" which is mostly on account that, despite being real words, is not a commonly used phrase... by anyone but you.

And whatever my level of formal education, I haven't forsaken my natural curiosity or critical thinking.

I have purchased a fairly significant quantity of ...[text shortened]... adio, your handle would be the first and only one dialed in: cannot wait to hear your reactions!
    In other words you can't do the math yourself. You could use a calculator, you may have heard of those devices, right?

Oh, wait, I forgot, you don't believe the speed of light is a constant in vacuum. That lets you off the hook right there, in your own mind that is. If indeed it IS a mind.

Most likely a 3 pound tub of lard where your brain used to be.
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 00:33
    In other words you can't do the math yourself. You could use a calculator, you may have heard of those devices, right?

Oh, wait, I forgot, you don't believe the speed of light is a constant in vacuum. That lets you off the hook right there, in your own mind that is. If indeed it IS a mind.

Most likely a 3 pound tub of lard where your brain used to be.
    Psssssst...
    Einstein was wrong.
    The only way he could make the Michelaon-Morley issue go away--- I'm sure a genius of your magnitude has not only heard of it, but you're able to speak with intelligence on the topic without having to resort to a Google search--- was to get rid of the aether.
    Left over parts?
    No problem: get rid of them!
    Contradictory presuppositions?
    No problem: come up with an impossibly complex, self-contradictory formula which supports your conclusions.

Use that brain of yours, sonhouse.
    Everyone who knows you knows you're an incredibly bright man, with the ability to see the principle beyond the rule and then actually create and invent on the basis of that understanding.
    Apply that critical thinking to the reality bearing down on you: it's coming, and it's inevitable.

Guaranteed.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 14:54
    Psssssst...
    Einstein was wrong.
    The only way he could make the Michelaon-Morley issue go away--- I'm sure a genius of your magnitude has not only heard of it, but you're able to speak with intelligence on the topic without having to resort to a Google search--- was to get rid of the aether.
    Left over parts?
    No problem: get rid of them!
    Contradictory p ...[text shortened]... al thinking to the reality bearing down on you: it's coming, and it's inevitable.

Guaranteed.
    In other words, you still can't do simple math or refuse to do it since you are much more brilliant than Einstein. Show me you equations proving the MM Aether deal wrong since you clearly have a Phd in science and you must have submitted a paper in Nature or Phyics world.
    Do you even know what the MM experiment was? Did you miss the part where they found no difference in the speed of light in June V December where if there was an Aether the speed of light would have changed on a yearly cycle basis and there was no such change?

Here is what I think, you will just put out another barrage of useless words, then pronounce yourself the winner.

BTW, what do YOU think the time of flight of photons to the moon from Earth and back to Earth?

Are you saying the speed of light is not constant? If so, prove it, show my your advanced physics paper showing just that since you obviously must have a Phd in physics, knowing how brilliant you are.
  14. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 17:30
    Heart attack alert. Call the elderly home nurses.
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 18:02
    In other words, you still can't do simple math or refuse to do it since you are much more brilliant than Einstein. Show me you equations proving the MM Aether deal wrong since you clearly have a Phd in science and you must have submitted a paper in Nature or Phyics world.
    Do you even know what the MM experiment was? Did you miss the part where they found ...[text shortened]... howing just that since you obviously must have a Phd in physics, knowing how brilliant you are.
    [Assuming you meant things you were unable to actually spit out...]

Yes, I am very familiar with the Michelson-Morley experiment, which was conducted right here in Cleveland.
    I am the one who brought it up, remember?
    There is no claim of a superior intellect to Einstein, which doesn't negate the fact that Einstein was wrong.
    The experiment itself was wrong, too, at least in some regards.
    To assume that light travels at a constant velocity hamstrings results which reveal contradictory information, thereby rendering the test moot.
    The speed of light is not a known, but an assumed.
    This is lost on you, as you think the assumed is a fact which it is not.
    What it is, instead, is the given standard which will, with future discoveries, be discarded... as is the case for all of man's findings: they look great--- brilliant, even--- at first.
    They may even be in use for an extended period of time, but they all fall by the wayside, each and every time without fail.
    The ironic thing is that one doesn't need to understand even the basic principles of the scientific world to know there's so such thing as 'exact' in the same: as long as one has a sense of history, one is armed enough to know these are just the best guesses a few people have right now.

Speaking of 'by the way' topics, do you have any idea why the space suits weren't used for rescue and repairs when Three Mile Island or Chernobyl had their meltdowns?
    Surely they had advanced radiation protection since they got the astronauts through the Van Allen belts both to and from the moon, right?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree