1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 18:212 edits
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [Assuming you meant things you were unable to actually spit out...]

Yes, I am very familiar with the Michelson-Morley experiment, which was conducted right here in Cleveland.
    I am the one who brought it up, remember?
    There is no claim of a superior intellect to Einstein, which doesn't negate the fact that Einstein was wrong.
    The experiment itself was ...[text shortened]... tion since they got the astronauts through the Van Allen belts both to and from the moon, right?
    No they did not have much in the way of radiation resistant suits in Chernobyl, you frigging cretin, THOUSANDS of heros died because of that, or maybe that little fact went by your ever diminishing brains.

So show my your Phd paper that the speed of light is not a constant.

You are so far out in left field you haven't even seen the results of speed of light experiments done by the hundreds, not least the retro reflector left on the moon which can determine the distance to the moon within a centimeter.

I pity Cleveland for having a cretin like you living there.

You are so far out in left field you don't know up from down.

c has been measured time and time again and has ALWAYS come in at 299,792,458 meters per second. EVERY TIME. Also other measurement techniques which also agree with that.

Some of the earliest measures came from Olaus Roemer in 1676 noticing the moons of Jupiter did not time out the same from eclipse to eclipse because Earth was in different positions in its orbit and the deduced it was because the light hitting the moons of Jupiter from the sun were at different distances and he was able to deduce a pretty close figure of c several hundred years ago. But you probably didn't hear of THAT one did you.

It was also done two hundred years later by several scientists, Focault, Michaelson, Cornu and Newcomb, by rotating mirrors separated by 20 miles or so. Also in 1940 by Kerr shutter cell technology which you probably also never heard of, google it if you think I am BSing you, by Huttel. Much more accurate than the others and even in 1676 it was measured at 140,000 miles per second, pretty dam accurate considering what they had for telescopes back then.

But I guess they are all part of a multi generational multi national conspiracy just to confuse us eh, which of course goes along with the international conspiracy of space faring nations.
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 18:23
    Wow, a vein's gonna pop in the old fart's head. Watch out, boys.
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 18:36
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Thar she blows!
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 18:53
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    No they did not have much in the way of radiation resistant suits in Chernobyl, you frigging cretin, THOUSANDS of heros died because of that, or maybe that little fact went by your ever diminishing brains.

So show my your Phd paper that the speed of light is not a constant.

You are so far out in left field you haven't even seen the results of speed o ...[text shortened]... use us eh, which of course goes along with the international conspiracy of space faring nations.
    Why didn't NASA lend them those super-duper radiation blocking space suits, I wonder?
    Hell, why don't they have Russel Colley-designed suits at every nuclear reactor on the glob--- oops, flat earth?
    That way, when the ships hit the fan, no one will be in any danger whatsoever.

You are so far out in left field you haven't even seen the results of speed of light experiments done by the hundreds, not least the retro reflector left on the moon which can determine the distance to the moon within a centimeter.
    If I'm in left field, does that mean you're covering right field?
    Who's in center?
    What's on second?

Since you've been alive forever (probably wrote the first song), you must be aware of the fact that we've been bouncing stuff off the moon from way before the moon landings were faked, right?
    Just out of curiosity, how do we test if our measurements are correct?

I pity Cleveland for having a cretin like you living there.
    I don't, actually.
    As I said before, I live twenty some miles west of the city.
    On a curved planet, the city's pavement would be at least 173' below the horizon at it appears to me from this perspective.
    But--- for whatever reason--- throughout the year, at any time day or night, I am able to see cars being driven along the roads there, and with powerful enough binoculars, people walking the sidewalks along those roads.
    What gives with that, I wonder?

You are so far out in left field you don't know up from down.
    How do things look over there on the right side of the field?

But you probably didn't hear of THAT one did you.
    Was that on Facebook?
    If so, I missed it, since I got rid of Facebook a long, long time ago.
    It just became way too derivative for me to stay.

But I guess they are all part of a multi generational multi national conspiracy just to confuse us eh, which of course goes along with the international conspiracy of space faring nations.
    Speaking of space faring nations, what was it that you heard China said when they landed on the moon recently about our earlier landings?
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 21:093 edits
    [b]No they did not have much in the way of radiation resistant suits in Chernobyl, you frigging cretin, THOUSANDS of heros died because of that, or maybe that little fact went by your ever diminishing brains.
    Why didn't NASA lend them those super-duper radiation blocking space suits, I wonder?
    Hell, why don't they have Russel Colley-designed suits at ...[text shortened]... s it that you heard China said when they landed on the moon recently about our earlier landings?[/b]
    I didn't hear anything about what the Chinese said, why don't you enlighten me, which you no doubt got from Faux news.

Also, there is no such thing as a radiation proof suit, it would take about 3 inches of solid lead to stop much in the way of 10,000 rad radiation field. But you have such a hard on against NASA you think they were withholding them so more of those dam russkies would die don't you.

You treasonous rat, no, a rat is at least a valid life form as opposed to you who are better off as Trump's newest buddy, The moon has been hit with laser light before and after the retroreflector was placed there by American astronauts but the accuracy was variable because they didn't know well exactly where the photons that hit the moon, where on the moon they were hitting AND more crucially, the altitude of the mountains and plains the laser beams hit so they could only suss out an accuracy of a kilometer or so. After the retroreflector was installed, the accuracy went to 1 CENTIMETER and has remained so ever since. That was flat impossible accuracy before the advent of the carefully placed retroreflectors, but surely, with your Phd in physics mathematics and rocket science, you knew that already.

If a laser beam hits the top of a 1 kilometer high mountain and THAT gets reflected back to Earth, it will have an inaccuracy of TWO kilometer's because of the incoming and outgoing beam.

But in your hardon against NASA you just let that fact go right over what is left of your brain.

Your oh-so-cute response to my telling you the history of c, you probably thought you really nailed me to the cross there.

Instead, why don't you tell me about your Phd paper you must have written dissing Einstein and all the people over 400 years who worked out the speed of light you intimate is not a constant, if so, cretin, prove it, show my your phd paper or shut the hell up, crawl back in your old folks home hovel you came from.

Can you tell I don't like you? Guess what, it's true, I think you are an irresponsible intellectual coward afraid to do your own research instead just parroting other peoples so called work.

I'm glad you aren't polluting Cleveland, I pity the town 20 miles west and I for sure will never go that far west of Cleveland unless it would be to find your old age rest home where you keep your soap box and tell all the nurses and doctors there about your paranoid dreams.

BTW, we verify c with dozens of experiments by scientists actually interested in the truth and hunting ways to invalidate Einstein, and every test showing them disappointed because if they found a variation their names and careers would be made and a Nobel prize probably in the works but alas for them and to Einsteins credit, no such variation has been found and I already told you of several different kind of experiments over literally hundreds of years all showing no variation, so if you have something, produce it and claim your Nobel prize.

One of the functions of science in general is to disprove theories, that came from Carl Popper who said it wasn't science if there was some way to falsify theories and every test for c ( you do know what c is, right, if not frigging google it) has come out exactly the same and now the only fight is is it 299,792,458 meters per second or some number like 299,792,457.9999999 meters per second or some such. So put your money where your overly large mouth is and show us your data proving them wrong.

But alas, no such data will be coming since you are 100% bullshyte words and nothing more. You go, NASA lies, therefore I won, when in reality it is only in your treasonous snot filled so-called brain is it reality.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 21:42
    I don't think even you would deny the treasonous claim by the moon landing deniers that we did in fact land a dozen men on the moon and another bunch holding the fort overhead in the orbiters. You probably think I am just bullshtting you when I say I worked Apollo but I could care less since you are just a young punk with not much in the way of life experience. When YOU are 75, why don't you make memoirs of your life's accomplishments and measure them against mine see what results.
  7. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 22:25
    I don't think even you would deny the treasonous claim by the moon landing deniers that we did in fact land a dozen men on the moon and another bunch holding the fort overhead in the orbiters. You probably think I am just bullshtting you when I say I worked Apollo but I could care less since you are just a young punk with not much in the way of life experie ...[text shortened]... you make memoirs of your life's accomplishments and measure them against mine see what results.
    Sure, pass me the Amazon link to your memoirs and I'll happily purchase
    a copy. Then I'll read it and, afterwards, compare it with mine. Deal?

Even better, I'll double down here: I will write on RHP, on a crispy, new
    thread, an honest and professional synopsis of your memoirs. Are you
    in or will you chicken out?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 23:201 edit
    Sure, pass me the Amazon link to your memoirs and I'll happily purchase
    a copy. Then I'll read it and, afterwards, compare it with mine. Deal?

Even better, I'll double down here: I will write on RHP, on a crispy, new
    thread, an honest and professional synopsis of your memoirs. Are you
    in or will you chicken out?
    You CAN"T TAKE THE TRUTH🙂

Just a joke from that movie.

I have had a long and at least in my own head, illustrious, career, not so much as the important positions I have had but the places I have worked, on Ion Implanters for 20 years at Varian, who sold of the implanter division which required me to shift gears but like I said, before that I was at Goddard on Apollo tracking and timing, an incredible job, just a lowly tech but you can bet your boots I was in techie heaven. Before that at CDC computers, before that a stint for a couple years at Tesco, company fixing and installing traffic lights, a nice shytty story with that one, before that on Andros Island at a secret, not so secret now, British submarine base called Autec, again just a lowly technician but benefits were unbelievable, like the time I could spend listening to the underwater microphones (hydrophones) which were laid out by the hundreds up and down TOTO, Tongue of the ocean, an underwater canyon 8000 feet deep and over 100 miles long by about 30 wide, phones there to pick up pingers on any underwater craft so they could track them, torpedo's, subs and the like, in 3D, not bad technology for 1968. What was incredibly fun was after hours, I had the control board to myself, could switch any one of hundreds of hydrophones 8000 feet underwater to an amp and speaker and could listen to the incredible another world sounds coming from the dophins, porps and whales and such, sounding like a sci fi other world sound track. Fantastic to remember even today.
    Before that 4 years in USAF, B47 bomb nav, and airborne radar. I didn't know till I heard a track by George Carlin, who had the exact same job as me in the AF but 5 or so years earlier, he said our squadron was an elite where they had chosen the highest incoming scores of the AF tests at the time. I scored very high and got in, never knowing, only in the back of my head I was in with a bunch of REALLY smart guys and I did my thing there too, I invented a sound synthesizer but did not even imaging putting on a keyboard, but that device made the most outrageous sci fi sounding sounds, I didn't know how powerful a machine I had invented and considered it a toy which we used at my haven the University of Nebraska, I was stationed a an AF base no longer there, but we had fun with that box, like the night a few of us planted the box (it had flashing lights and made outrageous sounds) in a bush just before the girls had to go back to their dorms at 10 PM. So one of the campus cops comes up and is looking at it and started pulling it out of the bushes, we jump out of the car and told him it was a joke to play on the coeds, so he said, wait here, I'm getting my buddy. So he comes back and in this serious tone of voice, we think there's some kind of bomb, we have to be careful, of course knowing all along it was a noise maker. So the buddy sticks his foot gingerly into the bush poking at it with the toe of his boot and everyone starts laughing including the first campus cop. A good time was had by all🙂

So I had built various versions of that box, one where all the parts were dangling in a big spaghetti like fashion, carefully putting scotch tape over wires that would touch and the whole device was designed around an old transistor radio, long story, but it was all inside that insane pile of parts including a 90 volt tiny battery. My roomie comes in, looks at it, shakes his head, going Donald, Donald, Donald!

I just wish I knew what I had, was too naive to understand the depth of what I developed. It is funny my own daughter 25 years later got her first music degree at Berklee music college in Boston, in synthesizer sound design, and MA at Welseyan in composition. I MIGHT be a teenie biased but I am very proud of that.
    If you think I am just BSing you, I can give you my soundcloud account where I have 51 recent tracks there, a lot of them my own compositions on guitar, mandolin, keyboard and lap dulcimer. But I doubt if you are curious enough to even wonder if I am telling the truth or just building up my flagging ego.

So here I am, 75 Yo, still working full time in a very high tech field indeed, working for 2 Phd process engineers as the go to guy for my observational skills they miss when something weird happens to the plasma in the vacuum system with an argon background activated to plasma by a 1500 watt RF transmitter where all that power starts a plasma that strikes a 'target' which could be aluminum, silicon carbide, Chrome, silicon dioxide and others coming up. You probably don't understand what I am talking about but I am close to 90K a year at that job and have been there, Gulton is the name of the company, been there 6 years with a 160 mile round trip commute every day to get there and was in fact at another company one block away from that from 2001 to about 2010. On 9 11, I had just repaired my amateur radio gear, in running order and I drove to Manhattan surprised they let an old fart like me in town but ended up at Red Cross headquarters there where I spent 24 hours which went by a lot faster than I thought, fixing radios, fixing computers and one printer of a really nice FBI agent, didn't know there was such a thing before that night, and delivering coffee, doing dispatch of messages to the REAL hero's on the ground getting data on which school used as shelter, needed blankets, food, pillows and the like, getting those messages to the drivers who loaded up stuff in trucks to the sites in need.

Anyway, that is a fifty centavo tour of my life, I suppose you will just come back with more BS about me lying but that is your choice and I have told you only part of what I did in my 75 years, for instance being the student of Howard Brubeck, brother of the jazz genius Dave Brubeck at Palomar College in San Marcos California WAY back in time. Was in love with Howard's incredibly beautiful daughter Ginger, we had classes together, I found out she signed up for badminton and naturally I had to sign up too so I could be close to her, and actually won my college badminton championship, going up to pick up my trophy, which was about 5 inches high, while the football and baseball champs had these things weighing in at 20 kilos it seemed like. Never did get the girl, she was like royalty to me, afraid, stupidly to ask her out, I mean the daughter of my piano teacher, Howard Brubeck, who now has an auditorium named for him, he died in '93. I tried finding Ginger much later but she may be dead now, or married with a whole family behind her and another Jewish last name. Sigh. She was beautiful in 1959.

So that's part of my life and there is a lot more but later depending on if you are actually interested or just baiting me for more pejoratives later. Good luck if that is your aim. I have a thick skin and young punks like you effect me not at all.
  9. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 23:35
    sonhouse, you did good. I will always listen to you.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 23:41
    Originally posted by apathist
    sonhouse, you did good. I will always listen to you.
    Thank you. At least someone here maybe believes what I did.
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 00:37
    Thank you. At least someone here maybe believes what I did.
    I'll bet I can do waaaay more push ups than you.
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 00:59
    I don't think even you would deny the treasonous claim by the moon landing deniers that we did in fact land a dozen men on the moon and another bunch holding the fort overhead in the orbiters. You probably think I am just bullshtting you when I say I worked Apollo but I could care less since you are just a young punk with not much in the way of life experie ...[text shortened]... you make memoirs of your life's accomplishments and measure them against mine see what results.
    Here's a little thought nugget while you're busy hunt-and-pecking out your wild adventure life story.

Is the moon cool?

And by that, I mean: is the moon a source of awe for millions of people on the face of the earth?

I'm guessing that, like me, others find the moon hella cool.
    As support of that supposition, the US proposed a race to the moon back when I was just a toddler, and then NASA broadcast their success to the waiting world when I was but five years old.
    Remember as well as any other memory, it was so cool.
    So others obviously think it's cool, too.

How much would you be willing to pay to actually go to the moon yourself?
    If it were anywhere NEAR affordable, I'd be there yesterday.
    By "affordable," I mean if it cost the same as my house, I'd figure out a way.
    Don't you think most people would feel the same way?

Can you guess which of the National Parks would generate the most money were we to establish one in the Sea of Tranquility?
    As in, national debt erased kind of money?

So half a dozen trips, never went back and no other nation (save China, according to "sources" perhaps dubious, perhaps not) has even attempted it.
    All with technology from the 50's and 60's which hit the ball out of the park the very first try when we have trouble with prototype airplanes even today.
    All with zero protection from radiation which--- according to NASA is absolutely critical given the nature of the Van Allen belts.
    Speaking of radiation, ever wonder why NASA refuses to provide the Geiger counter readings from the unmanned space flights which were sent to measure the same, citing national security?
    Kinda weird, huh.

By the way...
    As fascinating as your life is (and I don't think anyone here has lived anywhere near the full life as you have), nothing changes the fact that you can be an idiot.
    If your arrogance is so entrenched as to convince you it's not possible, well then, you died a long time ago.
    We can ALL be idiots, we can ALL be wrong.
    On this subject, I have absolutely no problem at all accepting I might be wrong.
    It would take a mountain of irrefutable evidence to convince me at this point, but I'm willing to listen to any and all.
    You lack that same flexibility, for whatever reason.
    My loyalty is and will always be to the truth in whatever path it takes... even if I look like a fool for believing something which turns out to be false.
    When shown, I can and will change.
    You simply won't.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 03:46

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 03:59
    Here's a little thought nugget while you're busy hunt-and-pecking out your wild adventure life story.

[b]Is the moon cool?

And by that, I mean: is the moon a source of awe for millions of people on the face of the earth?

I'm guessing that, like me, others find the moon hella cool.
    As support of that supposition, the US proposed a race to the ...[text shortened]... ng something which turns out to be false.
    When shown, I can and will change.
    You simply won't.[/b]
    I knew you would think my story would be bullshyte but ukfay uyay, it was my life and what I wrote was EXACTLY true, no falsehoods there, I don't have to make up shyte when I have a real life, unlike you.

You burst into tears when you talk about the terrible Van Allen belts and why didn't the Apollo crew get fried going through it, so here is the bottom line:

The space station crew has to spend months if not a whole year in orbit aboard that floating trash bag they call ISS.

So they go low, just a couple hundred miles high, to stay safely under the belts.

So cut to Apollo. You ever hear of lifetime accumulation of radiation? Probably not. I had to know since some of the shyte I worked on gave out sometimes an alarming amount of radiation, you accelerate an ion of arsenic to 200,000 volts and it is going to have Xrays flying out in all directions if not shielded properly and I learned the hard way one that wasn't since I was holding the radiation counter and saw it go nuts near my machine, and I found out the acceleration tube was made without lead particles inside which was a big no no. We had to take out that acceleration tube and sub a real one, with lead bits inside.

So cut to Apollo, they hit the van allen belts doing about 7 miles per second which they had to to get escape velocity, which is about 7 miles per second.

So they had to get through about a thousand miles of that shyte.
    Well lets see, 7 miles, one second. 70 miles 10 seconds, 700 miles 100 seconds, so 1000 miles say 3 minutes tops, and if 2000 miles of that shyte, 6 minutes tops. And the same coming back so maybe maximum 12 minutes lifetime accumulation, as far as I know they only went once per trip, nobody went twice to the moon.

Now think about Chernobyl. Those poor hero's took thousands of rads for HOURS and strangely enough, it killed them, they accumulated a life time dose in about an hour but they persisted and got the job done and hundreds, if not thousands died because of that over exposure to radiation. Get the difference, dim one?

HOURS spent in radiation hell. NOT TEN MINUTES. They would have survived fine if all they had to take was ten minutes in that hell hole.

So why can't you get that through your addled brain? TEN MINUTES IDIOT.
  15. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 07:11
    You CAN"T TAKE THE TRUTH🙂

Just a joke from that movie.

I have had a long and at least in my own head, illustrious, career, not so much as the important positions I have had but the places I have worked, on Ion Implanters for 20 years at Varian, who sold of the implanter division which required me to shift gears but like I said, before that I was at G ...[text shortened]... ood luck if that is your aim. I have a thick skin and young punks like you effect me not at all.
    Sorry, I thought you meant a memoir, written and available for purchase.

I hope you understand that this is the internet. I can be Elvis Presley or the
    Ayatollah. So do you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree