A new music competition

A new music competition

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
28 Jul 07

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Why are you innuendo trolling© me?

P-
I say it as i see it, spanky 😛

So, if we have a wooden spoon trophy, can we decide ourselves who to beat to death with it ?

N

The sky

Moves
28 Jul 07

I was reading this post from a page or 3 back....

Originally posted by rhb
[b]sod categories - they're just a means to make more "winners" so that more ego's can be stroked.

Everyone submit one piece of work, everyone votes for their top 5, points are added up to show who is the winner.

Easy.

Now, go practice.
[/b]
But rhb isn't in charge of the comp. Sounds like Starrman is out, and we are now under demonseed's control.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
28 Jul 07

Originally posted by Nordlys
But rhb isn't in charge of the comp. Sounds like Starrman is out, and we are now under demonseed's control.
I thought I felt a fluctuation in the force... it's good to hear a planet was not blown up.

P-

d

Moves
28 Jul 07

I thought someone had decided one song per user.

Did I read this thread wrong?

P-
You can submit as many entries as you like.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
28 Jul 07
1 edit

Originally posted by demonseed
Are you going to be submitting a selection from Demon and the Seedettes? I believe the title was "Screw You and the Horse You Rode in on You Flaming Piece of Horse Dung". It had a catchy chorus as I recall, and some truly meaningful lyrics.

N

The sky

Moves
28 Jul 07

What about the categories? Are you going to leave them as they are?

d

Moves
28 Jul 07

Yes unless anyone wants to add a suggestion ...

N

The sky

Moves
28 Jul 07

Yes unless anyone wants to add a suggestion ...
Well, the suggestions have already been made - I think "cover" covers too much, and there are too many categories that don't allow you to use anything written by someone else (although that encouraged me to play an improvisation in the last music comp, which was a challenge and fun, so it has a good side). But I'll go with whatever you decide.

d

Moves
28 Jul 07

Well, the suggestions have already been made - I think "cover" covers too much, and there are too many categories that don't allow you to use anything written by someone else (although that encouraged me to play an improvisation in the last music comp, which was a challenge and fun, so it has a good side). But I'll go with whatever you decide.
I agree. Covers is an inadequate category to cover Jazz standards and classical pieces etc.

I think it's illogical to decide the categories prior to knowing the entries.

Why don't we see what entries we have and then decide categories?

Or better yet, sod categories, this is music, this is art. Sod judgment too. Just enter, share your way of expressing yourself and if this sounds too much like hippy shiite then sod you too!

N

The sky

Moves
28 Jul 07

I agree. Covers is an inadequate category to cover Jazz standards and classical pieces etc.

I think it's illogical to decide the categories prior to knowing the entries.

Why don't we see what entries we have and then decide categories?

Or better yet, sod categories, this is music, this is art. Sod judgment too. Just enter, share your way of expressing yourself and if this sounds too much like hippy shiite then sod you too!
Fine with me... But I think some people might miss the competitive aspect.

I am working on my entry. It'll be a bit long (something like eight or nine minutes), but that can't be helped. I won't force anyone to listen to the whole thing...

d

Moves
28 Jul 07

Fine with me... But I think some people might miss the competitive aspect.

I am working on my entry. It'll be a bit long (something like eight or nine minutes), but that can't be helped. I won't force anyone to listen to the whole thing...
Don't worry about the length.

Wow, that sounds like my pillow talk.

We will still vote and there will be still be categories but I would prefer to have a little more consensus about what this might entail first.

PRIORITY NUMBER 1: Work on your piece and submit it.

h

Moves
28 Jul 07

Don't worry about the length.

Wow, that sounds like my pillow talk.

We will still vote and there will be still be categories but I would prefer to have a little more consensus about what this might entail first.

PRIORITY NUMBER 1: Work on your piece and submit it.
If you're going to be running this thing, then you should know that deciding on categories later will lead to controversy and drama and epic ruin. Announce them ASAP.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
28 Jul 07

[b]Don't worry about the length.
That's what she said....😕

d

Moves
28 Jul 07

Originally posted by shortcircuit
That's what she said....😕
If I pick the categories now as arbitrary leader I would be guilty of selection bias.

PS I did that joke!

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
28 Jul 07

I did that joke!
She said that about you. 😛