A new music competition

A new music competition

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
26 Jul 07

I can see how this way of picking the rules could make the whole thing tainted for the ones who took the time to set the comp up..

Play by the rules, or sit with the fools, chump 😛

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
26 Jul 07

Originally posted by huckleberryhound
I can see how this way of picking the rules could make the whole thing tainted for the ones who took the time to set the comp up..

Screw it. Maybe we should just try again next year.

N

The sky

Moves
26 Jul 07

Originally posted by rhb
sod categories - they're just a means to make more "winners" so that more ego's can be stroked.

Everyone submit one piece of work, everyone votes for their top 5, points are added up to show who is the winner.

Easy.

Now, go practice.
Agreed. (Although I prefer to practise.)

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
26 Jul 07
1 edit

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
We ?

Demonseed and Starrman started the idea, and made the comp, you just seem to have fricked it up for everyone.

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
26 Jul 07

I only suggested a different rule set once the organiser had announced they were stepping down.

I would join in be there categories or not, but it seems some folk want to be so specific about categories for whatever motive, that were I the organiser I'd have also sacked off bothering.

Are you willing to manage the comp, with the original categories?

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
26 Jul 07

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
[round of applause]

well done.

now feck off.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
26 Jul 07

Originally posted by rhb
I only suggested a different rule set once the organiser had announced they were stepping down.

I would join in be there categories or not, but it seems some folk want to be so specific about categories for whatever motive, that were I the organiser I'd have also sacked off bothering.

Are you willing to manage the comp, with the original categories?
I was happy when it was Demon and Star's baby, this takeover smells like pretentious twaddle. I probably would enter, but i'd prefer some amatuer/professional distinction.

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
26 Jul 07

Originally posted by Nordlys
Agreed. (Although I prefer to practise.)
I'm being americanized.

It's a Gray day for me 😞

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
26 Jul 07

I was happy when it was Demon and Star's baby, this takeover smells like pretentious twaddle. I probably would enter, but i'd prefer some amatuer/professional distinction.
Eejit - there's no takeover here. I made a suggestion that's all.

Run the contest with the categories as announced, or not, just run the damn competition!

d

Moves
26 Jul 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Starrman
You're mistaking my lack of interest for ego, this is meant to be a fun competition and I'm not about to pander to Cribs' petty nonsense because he's too smug to let his loungecore jazz fit in with the low-brow covers.
Actually, I would like to apologise to Starrman. All I know is that Starrman ran a very good competition last time and I think that we should have faith in him to do likewise this time round.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
26 Jul 07

Originally posted by rhb
Eejit - there's no takeover here. I made a suggestion that's all.

Run the contest with the categories as announced, or not, just run the damn competition!
Dude, i wasn't talking about you.....get over yourself. I think all that PFC forum fighting has left you a bit punch drunk...calm down mate.

N

The sky

Moves
26 Jul 07

Originally posted by rhb
I'm being americani[b]zed.

It's a Gray day for me 😞[/b]
Yikes! How did this happen? Is there anything we can do to help?

By the way, I found my minidisk player, yay!

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
26 Jul 07

Dude, i wasn't talking about you.....get over yourself. I think all that PFC forum fighting has left you a bit punch drunk...calm down mate.
If you start replying just after I made a suggestion, then start quoting my posts, what do you expect me to think?

P.s. I'm calm - you'll know when I'm mad as I tear my clothes off and turn big, ugly and ginger. You won't like me when I'm ginger....

S
🙏🏻

Some other realm

Moves
26 Jul 07

Is it me or does every thread grow a disagreement?

Even the love thread had one.

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
26 Jul 07

Originally posted by Nordlys
Yikes! How did this happen? Is there anything we can do to help?

By the way, I found my minidisk player, yay!
I'm not sure - maybe too much Aluminum in my diet?

Are you going to send me a minidisk with your entry again, or can you upload it (or maybe find someone who can upload it from MD for you without adding a few decibels of white-noise?!)? I'll offer to help if needed.