1. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 01:59
    Does anybody know what's that new feature at security control at airports - when they use a piece of something that reminds on hansaplast and kinda spread some invisible film over item in the tray or even on the hands of a passenger?!
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 02:26
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    Does anybody know what's that new feature at security control at airports - when they use a piece of something that reminds on hansaplast and kinda spread some invisible film over item in the tray or even on the hands of a passenger?!
    It sounds like a sophisticated gunpower residue test. Probably turns green or something in the presence of gunpower residue. My guess. Kind of like pulling off stuff with scotch tape but less invasive and much more sensitive.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 02:43
    They spread it only on my net book (otherwise white and pretty dirty Asus eee pc), not on hands.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 03:06
    They spread it only on my net book (otherwise white and pretty dirty Asus eee pc), not on hands.
    Your first post mentioned hands. It still sounds like a residue test of some kind. Maybe they are testing for cocaine or some such, but it would seem it would have a better chance of being on your hands or face, around nostrils maybe.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 03:13
    Ok, yes, I did mention hands, when I was at Belgrade airport Jan 25th, they did it on hands and net book of a passenger in front of me.
    Yesterday I for the first time experienced this, but on net book.
    I think folks at the security mixed up something: the woman who put my tray with net book and items from the pocket thought it belonged to other passenger, and they surprised when they found out it was me.
    Anyway, I have my lucky plastic bag in which I put contentc from the pocket of my pants, plus belt, plus camera and usually put this bag together with computer and possible liquids in one tray.
    I thought they would warn me against camera in the bag, what do I know, since photografing is forbidden in security control area.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 03:17
    It was in Copenhagen yesterday.
    So it was for explosives and drugs.
    Fine.
    I thought they were marking me with infra-something for future controls...
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 09:082 edits
    It was in Copenhagen yesterday.
    So it was for explosives and drugs.
    Fine.
    I thought they were marking me with infra-something for future controls...
    One of the reasons I hate to fly anymore. In my former professional life as a Field Service Engineer, I had to fly all over the US to clean rooms from Idaho to Florida and back then 30 years ago, you took your tool kit and stuff, got on the plane with no BS. Now they would X ray your stuff, test for drugs and explosives make you take off your frigging shoes, and if they don't like you, do an anal search. It's disgusting to fly these days.

When we lived in Jerusalem, we made the mistake of having friends on the Palestinian side and we left one time and they graciously let us use their transport, they had a couple hotels and shuttles. So with Palestinian blue plates, the cops at the airport held us up for an hour search through everything, mirrors under the car, went through our luggage and took passports away to check, finally brought them back. So that got us onto the airport grounds. Then another line of guards inside took our luggage apart a second time going through everything. I was just a frigging technician going home, didn't even have tools with just wife and kids. But when we would take the Israeli taxis to the airport, no problem, just go right through...
  8. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 02:44
    In your case, they're probably checking for semen
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 02:49
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    In your case, they're probably checking for semen
    Maiden Gertrude,

You tell everyone else how vulgar they are, then make a statement like that. You hypocrite!!!

-VR
  10. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 02:55
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Maiden Gertrude,

You tell everyone else how vulgar they are, then make a statement like that. You hypocrite!!!

-VR
    wash your hands my milk toast
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 03:00
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    wash your hands my milk toast
    Maiden Gertrude,

Doesn't matter how many times I wash my hands. You will still be a hypocrite!!!

-VR
  12. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 04:26
    I get fed up every time I get the full body search - I'm a harmless old lady with a walking stick (they never check that, it could be full of explosives or drugs) but I had a hip replacement and set off metal detectors so they take my shoes off, tip me out of the wheelchair I need to get around vast airports, and make me stand while they peel off layers of clothing and pat me down. Surely those of us with metal body parts could be tattooed or something!
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 06:52
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Surely those of us with metal body parts could be tattooed or something!
    With my Yakuza mates back in my pachinko parlour days, metal parts and tatoos went hand in hand.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 08:58
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I get fed up every time I get the full body search - I'm a harmless old lady with a walking stick (they never check that, it could be full of explosives or drugs) but I had a hip replacement and set off metal detectors so they take my shoes off, tip me out of the wheelchair I need to get around vast airports, and make me stand while they peel off layers of cl ...[text shortened]... thing and pat me down. Surely those of us with metal body parts could be tattooed or something!
    This always disgusts me when I see it happen.

What are we letting this fear of "terrorism" do to us?
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 09:231 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    With my Yakuza mates back in my pachinko parlour days, metal parts and tatoos went hand in hand.
    You're about as "Yakuza" as my dog.

Still have all your fingers?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree