Airport security control - question

Airport security control - question

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
09 Feb 17

Originally posted by Suzianne
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakuza

"Yakuza are members of transnational organized crime syndicates originating in Japan."

Originally posted by FMF
[b]With my Yakuza mates back in my pachinko parlour days, metal parts and tatoos went hand in hand.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Surely you understand this. ...[text shortened]... other end". That's okay too, God knows we see enough of that here. Just "man up" and admit it.[/b]
Admit what? When I said, for example, "I've been in more pachinko parlours than you've had civil conversations with people you disapprove of and hot Obento dinners combined", you are interpreting stuff like that as a "truth claim" and you're assuming I worked all the numbers out? You want me to "admit" I didn't ACTUALLY count how many hot Obento dinners you've had? You want me to "admit" stuff like that?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
09 Feb 17

Originally posted by FMF
In the context of the kind of tongue in cheek blather it obviously was, the fact that it happens to be true is really neither here nor there.
FMF,

Are you sure that you and robbie aren't related some way?

-VR

F

Moves
09 Feb 17

Originally posted by Very Rusty
FMF,

Are you sure that you and robbie aren't related some way?

-VR
This seems to me to be an unkind thing of you to say.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Feb 17

Originally posted by FMF
Vomitted? Rhetorical? Telepathic? Credibility?
In other words you are ok with having no street cred here.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Feb 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
You think my quip to Kewpie actually means I was a part of organized crime in Japan?
So you were lying?

You could've mentioned that up front, or even, you know, not lied.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Feb 17

Originally posted by FMF
In the context of the kind of tongue in cheek blather it obviously was, the fact that it happens to be true is really neither here nor there.
So you obviously won't mind if we consider all your statements to be mere 'blather', because how is anyone to know otherwise?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
09 Feb 17

Originally posted by FMF
This seems to me to be an unkind thing of you to say.
I would think you would be proud of that?

-VR

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Feb 17

Originally posted by FMF
Admit what? When I said, for example, "I've been in more pachinko parlours than you've had civil conversations with people you disapprove of and hot Obento dinners combined", you are interpreting stuff like that as a "truth claim" and you're assuming I worked all the numbers out? You want me to "admit" I didn't ACTUALLY count how many hot Obento dinners you've had? You want me to "admit" stuff like that?
No. For God's sake, stop the gaslighting. We do not accept the alternate reality you propagate here. One can make assertions about obviously ridiculous claims, but when you throw off specious claims of having 'Yakuza mates' which are meant to suggest false narratives, you can probably expect to be called on it. You're not at a ladies' tea here and so you can't expect people to "oooh" and "aaah" at your claims of a dangerous past as if it were.

And in this spirit, my comment about you being 'as Yakuza as my dog' was clearly spot on, yet you still stonewalled.

Anyways, you've managed to make this entire thread about you, as usual, and so I've lost interest and am slightly peeved that I've had to spend even this much time on it.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
10 Feb 17
1 edit

No. For God's sake, stop the gaslighting. We do not accept the alternate reality you propagate here. One can make assertions about obviously ridiculous claims, but when you throw off specious claims of having 'Yakuza mates' which are meant to suggest false narratives, you can probably expect to be called on it. You're not at a ladies' tea here and so yo ...[text shortened]... d so I've lost interest and am slightly peeved that I've had to spend even this much time on it.
Hey, guys!
Look who found her new favorite word: gaslighting.

Très chic!

F

Moves
10 Feb 17
1 edit

And in this spirit, my comment about you being 'as Yakuza as my dog' was clearly spot on, yet you still stonewalled.
We do not accept the alternate reality you propagate here. One can make assertions about obviously ridiculous claims, but when you throw off specious claims of having 'Yakuza mates' which are meant to suggest false narratives, you can probably expect to be called on it. You're not at a ladies' tea here and so you can't expect people to "oooh" and "aaah" at your claims of a dangerous past as if it were.

Gosh. Actually, I thought your joke to me about your dog was a quite funny retort to my undoubtedly less funny joke to Kewpiè about yakuza; an obviously daft reference to my years spent listening to cicadas in the serenity of rural Japan. That's why I ran with itin a spirit of self-deprecation, with a preposterous elevation of the significance my teenage judo years, squeezed eating Japanese obento into a well worn blusterer's cliche, and made repeated mentions of your non-yakuza dog. Obviously, you have now become quite upset having got the wrong end of the stick. I meant no disrespect to your dog nor to the virility of Japan's yakuza.

F

Moves
10 Feb 17
4 edits

So you were lying?

You could've mentioned that up front, or even, you know, not lied.
Wouldn't that be a bit like this though...

Me: Hello. I am lying about a chicken crossing the road, but bear with me: why did the chicken cross the road?
Answer: To get to the airport ** ...
{etc. etc. involving a joke based on a lie about security control)

** Please note that I'm trying to keep this on topic vandervelde.

Or...

Me: Hi there. There isn't really a door; I'm lying. Nevertheless, here we go: knock, knock...
Answer: Who's there?
Me: Airport security.
Answer: You're lying; you're not airport security.
Me: You're right. I'm not. Sorry. And there was never any door. either
Answer: I know.

It doesn't really work, does it?

Or...

Me: A Muslim, a Jew and a Christian went into a cafe near the airport security control.
Answer: Are you sure?
Me:Actually, no. That's a lie. They did no such thing.
Answer: Ah ha. Thought so.
Me: Sorry. Suffice to say, my joke was going to be about religious stereotypes. Honestly.
Answer: Thanks for mentioning that you were lying 'up front'.

Moves
10 Feb 17

I didn't read the thread, probably two posts on topic and the rest arguing.

So, airport security. I think Amsterdam was the toughest, they checked everything and have a personal scanner to walk through. Last year from Portugal, to Spain and then to Italy I carried a little bottle of alcohol in my pocket through the bagage check so pretty easy to get away with things there.

But the most lenient by far are in Asia, forgot taking your liquads out in little plastic bags. So much faster and easier. I even for away with a bottle of water in Thailand.

Moves
10 Feb 17
2 edits

You want to know what makes me laugh?

People who claim they are part of something who don't even know what that something is.
You've got him on the ropes with this - FINISH HIM!

Moves
10 Feb 17
1 edit

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
FATALITY...

Moves
10 Feb 17
1 edit

I've lost interest and am lightly peeved I've had to spend even this much time on it.
I know how you feel. I hate it when someone makes a frivolous comment and I instead take it ever so seriously and then I force myself to make lots of posts about it demanding proof about the frivolous comment not being frivolous and thinking the friviltee is hiding something then chasing them down about it and then being peeved with myself for only using gaslighting seventeen times when I could have used it so much more.