1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 10:16
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You're about as "Yakuza" as my dog.
    How so? I was one of the best judoka in Britain for my weight and age for almost 10 years at an earlier point in my life; I lived for almost a decade in Japan; and I've been in more pachinko parlours than you've had civil conversations with people you disapprove of and hot Obento dinners combined. Tell us about this dog of yours.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 15:361 edit
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I get fed up every time I get the full body search - I'm a harmless old lady with a walking stick (they never check that, it could be full of explosives or drugs) but I had a hip replacement and set off metal detectors so they take my shoes off, tip me out of the wheelchair I need to get around vast airports, and make me stand while they peel off layers of cl ...[text shortened]... thing and pat me down. Surely those of us with metal body parts could be tattooed or something!
    Kewpie,

That is really sad to hear. Are there Medical papers you could get to show you have metal parts in your body that you could show them? They have become very paranoid. I was to Ottawa on a trip back around the time the two towers were struck. I had a bottle of water in my hand. The security person asked me what I had in the bottle? I told her water, she then asked me to take a drink of it. I was thinking about refusing, but figured it would just tie me up longer, so just took a drink. She said ok you can go through now.

-VR
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 16:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    How so? I was one of the best judoka in Britain for my weight and age for almost 10 years at an earlier point in my life; I lived for almost a decade in Japan; and I've been in more pachinko parlours than you've had civil conversations with people you disapprove of and hot Obento dinners combined. Tell us about this dog of yours.
    what did you do in Japan for ten years? I worked in Jerusalem for 4 years, one kid graduated from the Anglican International school there, I was assigned to Intel from my company ATT, Varian, working on ion implanters, taught the physics behind the machine and taught troubleshooting to their techs. What I really liked was the active folk music community in Israel. Very active Anglo folk people, we played venues from Elot in the south to Jacob's Ladder festival on the Kinneret.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '17 00:47
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    what did you do in Japan for ten years? I worked in Jerusalem for 4 years, one kid graduated from the Anglican International school there, I was assigned to Intel from my company ATT, Varian, working on ion implanters, taught the physics behind the machine and taught troubleshooting to their techs. What I really liked was the active folk music community in ...[text shortened]... folk people, we played venues from Elot in the south to Jacob's Ladder festival on the Kinneret.
    What does all this have to do with Suzianne's dog?
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Feb '17 02:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    FMF,

Try paying attention! It is about Airport Security Control!!!

-VR
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '17 02:52
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    FMF,

Try paying attention! It is about Airport Security Control!!!

-VR
    Suzianne's dog works in an airport?
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Feb '17 12:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you were just BSing about being in Japan. Got it.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '17 13:17
    So you were just BSing about being in Japan. Got it.
    Nope. I'm just not interested in telling you anything more than what I posted. You think I am interested in your stories of living in Israel which you must have mentioned 200 times since I've been here? I'm not. You think I'm interested in swapping storeis with you? I'm not. How many times have you asked me to share some of my own music with you? And every time I just pointedly ignored you. Did you not get the message? To me you are just somebody who calls people "asssholes" on the internet all the time, like the people who used to inhabit yahoo chat rooms. You are boring. Why would I want to type stuff out for you about my life? Why on earth would I want you to know? Get real sonhouse. 😛
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '17 13:23
    what did you do in Japan for ten years? I worked in Jerusalem for 4 years, one kid graduated from the Anglican International school there, I was assigned to Intel from my company ATT, Varian, working on ion implanters, taught the physics behind the machine and taught troubleshooting to their techs. What I really liked was the active folk music community in ...[text shortened]... folk people, we played venues from Elot in the south to Jacob's Ladder festival on the Kinneret.
    I'm more interested in Suzianne's dog.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Feb '17 13:48
    Originally posted by FMF
    Nope. I'm just not interested in telling you anything more than what I posted. You think I am interested in your stories of living in Israel which you must have mentioned 200 times since I've been here? I'm not. You think I'm interested in swapping storeis with you? I'm not. How many times have you asked me to share some of my own music with you? And every time ...[text shortened]... pe stuff out for you about my life? Why on earth would I want you to know? Get real sonhouse. 😛
    Got it loud and clear. Sorry I bothered.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '17 14:032 edits
    Got it loud and clear. Sorry I bothered.
    Last time we talked in public you were telling me about how you were going tell me me right up front, to my face ~ " if we had the misfortune to actually meet in person" ~ all about how much of an assshole I really am and about how much of an obnoxious twit and "sociopath" I am in "real life", and how I might cause people to commit suicide and how I need "professional help" etc. etc.. And now here you are asking me personal questions about my "real life"? Ha ha. What have you been taking? Internet disinhibition pills? 😛
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Feb '17 14:441 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Last time we talked in public you were telling me about how you were going tell me me right up front, to my face ~ " if we had the misfortune to actually meet in person" ~ all about how much of an assshole I really am and about how much of an obnoxious twit and "sociopath" I am in "real life", and how I might cause people to commit suicide and how I need "profes ...[text shortened]... estions about my "real life"? Ha ha. What have you been taking? Internet disinhibition pills? 😛
    Like I said, sorry I bothered. For a second there I thought we had something in common but I was wrong. Big time wrong.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '17 14:46
    Like I said, sorry I bothered.
    Take it easy on those pills! 😛
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '17 14:55
    For a second there I thought we had something in common but I was wrong. Big time wrong.
    Well I've never said anything to even remotely like accusing you of being a sociopath who was involved in something akin to trying to make another poster commit suicide, sonhouse. Was the "something" you thought we had "in common" anything to do with "suicide", or being a "sociopath"? Did you see yourself bonding with me at that time or did you think the moment was going to be when we met "face to face", like what you talked about? Did you think I'd be entranced by tales of your "real life" in Jerusalem and would be champing at the the bit to tell you stuff about mine too? What was the "something in common" you thought we had? I'm all ears. 😛
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Feb '17 14:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well I've never said anything to even remotely like accusing you of being a sociopath who was involved in something akin to trying to make another poster commit suicide, sonhouse. Was the "something" you thought we had "in common" anything to do with "suicide", or being a "sociopath"? Did you see yourself bonding with me at that time or did you think the moment ...[text shortened]... ou stuff about mine too? What was the "something in common" you thought we had? I'm all ears. 😛
    You mentioned music. I assume you play an instrument.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree