1. Playing with matches
    Moves
    27 Aug '18 22:22
    Originally posted by @huckleberryhound
    I'll be able to do my Tai chi in peace? Cool.
    Clearly Amsterdam is wasted on you.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '18 23:17
    Originally posted by @hand-of-hecate
    No it's not, and don't call him Clearly! 😠
  3. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    28 Aug '18 05:31
    Originally posted by @hand-of-hecate
    Go back to sleep old Yellar
  4. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    28 Aug '18 05:411 edit
    Ah. So "waste time and space" isn't that installation at the central station, in front of the lookout tower.

So you're not an Anne Frank fan?

The wife wants to go, so it's pretty much a lock in. The banksy stuff and the van Gogh are my picks,

Had second thoughts about bringing my 6 year old, but the place is pretty relaxed and groovy. That and she found a shop that sold "nerds". The look on her face when she saw a statue with a "Willie" was priceless.

Edit. The Anne Frank House is sold out for a month...bugger.
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    28 Aug '18 08:55
    I'll be able to do my Tai chi in peace? Cool.
    Dunno about peace. It's still Mokum. But at least in the Vondelpark, you won't get kicked out for being weird.
  6. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    28 Aug '18 09:05
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    Dunno about peace. It's still Mokum. But at least in the Vondelpark, you won't get kicked out for being weird.
    After a really good dinner and a boat trip, finished off with Heineken and tompouhen (spelling?), We Decided To sleep in. No outside Tai chi this Morning lol
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    28 Aug '18 11:24
    Ah. So "waste time and space" isn't that installation at the central station, in front of the lookout tower.

So you're not an Anne Frank fan?

The wife wants to go, so it's pretty much a lock in. The banksy stuff and the van Gogh are my picks,

Had second thoughts about bringing my 6 year old, but the place is pretty relaxed and groovy. T ...[text shortened]... with a "Willie" was priceless.

Edit. The Anne Frank House is sold out for a month...bugger.
    The story is quite interesting but the museum is terrible, unless they've changed it dramatically in about 9 years it was basically a little house you walked through and that was it until the interactive part at the end which was a bit better. Also went to the Van Goth museum which was very good... but then again a talented artist vs a girl who hide in a little house and wrote a dairy? Hhmmm

Have you been before? The red light district is a strange place, at night what you would expect, mostly guys walking around with mostly attractive looking woman in the windows but during the day it's such a strange atmosphere. The woman were mostly older and a bit worn perhaps but instead of just guys walking around you saw families and tour groups, totally bizarre... of all the places to join and i assume pay for a tour?
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    28 Aug '18 13:16
    After a really good dinner and a boat trip, finished off with Heineken and tompouhen (spelling?), We Decided To sleep in. No outside Tai chi this Morning lol
    Tompoucen (French spelling) or tompoezen (Dutchified).

And Heineken... don't insult yourself by drinking that nearly USAnian horsewater. Amsterdam brews much better beer. 't IJ is good, Bird IMO even better. I've heard good things about Prael but can't remember trying it. There are several others, probably all better than Heineken and Amstel.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Aug '18 13:26
    Originally posted by @trev33
    The story is quite interesting but the museum is terrible, unless they've changed it dramatically in about 9 years it was basically a little house you walked through and that was it until the interactive part at the end which was a bit better. Also went to the Van Goth museum which was very good... but then again a talented artist vs a girl who hide in a li ...[text shortened]... ilies and tour groups, totally bizarre... of all the places to join and i assume pay for a tour?
    Yeah, saw all that. I also saw some really wasted druggies wandering around too but I guess that is the price of freedom.
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    28 Aug '18 13:38
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Yeah, saw all that. I also saw some really wasted druggies wandering around too but I guess that is the price of freedom.
    Did you see anywhere else in the Netherlands? Completely different, it's only Amsterdam were they have such slack laws regarding drugs and it's something the rest of the country is trying to change. Regular people don't want their biggest city to be seen as a drug and sex capital of Europe, the Dutch are actually in general quite conservative by nature.
  11. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    28 Aug '18 14:27

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    28 Aug '18 14:28
    Originally posted by @trev33
    Did you see anywhere else in the Netherlands? Completely different, it's only Amsterdam were they have such slack laws regarding drugs and it's something the rest of the country is trying to change. Regular people don't want their biggest city to be seen as a drug and sex capital of Europe, the Dutch are actually in general quite conservative by nature.
    Too much money in vice for this shizzle to end. Every time I smell the weed, I wish I was in my 20's again. Kinda like it.

I'm surprised all the stoners haven't been injured by the bikes. They nearly caught us a couple of times, and I'm straight.
  13. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    28 Aug '18 15:04

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    28 Aug '18 15:10
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    Tompoucen (French spelling) or tompoezen (Dutchified).

And Heineken... don't insult yourself by drinking that nearly USAnian horsewater. Amsterdam brews much better beer. 't IJ is good, Bird IMO even better. I've heard good things about Prael but can't remember trying it. There are several others, probably all better than Heineken and Amstel.
    Considering I have a bag of weed jelly beans for later, I don't think the beer matters. I'm a staropramen guy usually, wind down beer after a long day just to be cold and beer tasting.
  15. Standard memberMudfinger
    Ol' Dirty Heathen
    I'm Naked!
    Moves
    29 Aug '18 00:37
    Considering I have a bag of weed jelly beans for later, I don't think the beer matters. I'm a staropramen guy usually, wind down beer after a long day just to be cold and beer tasting.
    I gave a quick look-up for Staropramen and found they have a pilsner and a lager? Perhaps others but I myself like a good skunky lager. What gets you salivating? Do you prefer their pilsner or lager?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree