1. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    29 Aug '18 11:57
    Originally posted by @mudfinger
    I gave a quick look-up for Staropramen and found they have a pilsner and a lager? Perhaps others but I myself like a good skunky lager. What gets you salivating? Do you prefer their pilsner or lager?
    I'm a pilsner man myself, but I can drink most lagers. If it's hoppy and cold I'll give it a shot. Not a big fan of beers that use rice
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Aug '18 12:521 edit
    Originally posted by @huckleberryhound
    By the time you read this, i'll be there.

Which is nice.

Just going for a couple of days. Does anyone know if there's a Tai chi friendly park around the Museum square?
    PinkFloyd coffee shop. 'The Wall'on big screen on big screen all the time
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Aug '18 12:56
    Originally posted by @hand-of-hecate
    Clearly Amsterdam is wasted on you.
    Cheap and effective drugs,cheap and beautiful hookers. Just sayin' , pretty sure it's no secret.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Aug '18 13:041 edit
    Originally posted by @trev33
    Did you see anywhere else in the Netherlands? Completely different, it's only Amsterdam were they have such slack laws regarding drugs and it's something the rest of the country is trying to change. Regular people don't want their biggest city to be seen as a drug and sex capital of Europe, the Dutch are actually in general quite conservative by nature.
    Rotterdamn has only 3 coffee shops compared to the 100's in A'dam. That place is very conservative. Groningen tothe north was fine. Pleasant folk who dont mind if you walk arond with a spliff. . . .And does Switzerland still have smoking carriages? Despite having anti weed laws I happily puffed away on a huge Marley , watching the alps roll by. Not even the old couple or even the ticket guy raised an eybrow. .. .. And the deportation policy is first class!!Spening money as well, without incurring any debt whatsoever!!
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Aug '18 13:08
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Yeah, saw all that. I also saw some really wasted druggies wandering around too but I guess that is the price of freedom.
    Did you see all the straight people, teachers and lawyers as well? Paying extra to have their flight stop over there? Rushing from the train station then rushing back, giving away their pipes and stashes, fullof paranoia?
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Aug '18 13:09
    I know, I'm an effin' deviant.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Aug '18 13:15
    I gave a quick look-up for Staropramen and found they have a pilsner and a lager? Perhaps others but I myself like a good skunky lager. What gets you salivating? Do you prefer their pilsner or lager?
    Just dont mention Fosters and Australia in the same breath please. We dont drink it in any state because it is crap. How Fosters is known as theAustralian beer is a blight on our fair country and those resposible for this travesty should be forced to drink it whenever they want a beer for the restof their lives as punishment for their crimes.
  8. Standard memberMudfinger
    Ol' Dirty Heathen
    I'm Naked!
    Moves
    29 Aug '18 17:551 edit
    Originally posted by @huckleberryhound
    I'm a pilsner man myself, but I can drink most lagers. If it's hoppy and cold I'll give it a shot. Not a big fan of beers that use rice
    I know just what you mean. Rice = Budweiser = piss beer...

I am just not a fan.
  9. Standard memberMudfinger
    Ol' Dirty Heathen
    I'm Naked!
    Moves
    29 Aug '18 17:57
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Just dont mention Fosters and Australia in the same breath please. We dont drink it in any state because it is crap. How Fosters is known as theAustralian beer is a blight on our fair country and those resposible for this travesty should be forced to drink it whenever they want a beer for the restof their lives as punishment for their crimes.
    Like I told Huckleberry, you guys suffer with Fosters, we with Budweiser, Miller and others of those ilk.
    What ever happened to Schlitz? I used to swill it in my younger years.
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '18 19:13
    Like I told Huckleberry, you guys suffer with Fosters, we with Budweiser, Miller and others of those ilk.
    What ever happened to Schlitz? I used to swill it in my younger years.
    Add Harp to the list, crap from N. Ireland. Out of all the piss beer Heineken isn't the worse... a good pale ale is the way to go.
  11. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    29 Aug '18 21:07
    I recommend the weed jelly beans. Didn't really "feel" them till I got back to familiar shores. It's a pity you can't bring edibles home, I hear the gummy bears are blitzkrieg good.

All the beers tasted fine in a country where you can Shag a hooker while smoking a joint, In front of the cops who make sure you don't get robbed while you're doing it.

Not that I did those things, but the whole vibe of the city was very groovy.

Me and the wife intend to go back without our daughter. I fancy dinner on a canal boat, to the smell of passing coffee shops. Definitely s thumbs up.
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 Aug '18 08:23
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    I know, I'm an effin' deviant.
    A newly "adult" Limey tourist on his gap yeah is what you are. Bog off to Estonia or Magalouf, you're not big enough to survive our country without making yourself look a tool.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Aug '18 17:181 edit
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    A newly "adult" Limey tourist on his gap yeah is what you are. Bog off to Estonia or Magalouf, you're not big enough to survive our country without making yourself look a tool.
    I couldn't care less what others think or what I look like in the eyes of those whose opinions dont matter. What makes you think life is a popularity contest?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree