1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 01:051 edit
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I agree with your first statement, humans aren't perfect and we're all a product of our environment and upbringing, which also isn't perfect.

I'm sure you meant to say "born [b]without
    traits of any kind". I feel that a significant part of personality must be genetically derived. That's only my opinion, based on the differences I've seen between twins.[/b]
    I'm pretty certain there are People born bad.

It is gene thingy!
  2. Wat?
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 01:41
    I agree with your first statement, humans aren't perfect and we're all a product of our environment and upbringing, which also isn't perfect.

I'm sure you meant to say "born [b]without
    traits of any kind". I feel that a significant part of personality must be genetically derived. That's only my opinion, based on the differences I've seen between twins.[/b]
    Yes it was a tpyo 😀 ...

Birth to 2 years is classed as the sensorimotor period, which in essence means a pretty much egocentric thinking period. i.e. the world doesn't really exist apart from one's own experience of it. It's a time of development of object permanence; in other words developing the idea that objects do actually exist independently of one's own perceptual or sensory experiences, which I personally believe are very hereditory.

The broadest issue in forming a theory of development, and in some ways the most contentious, concerns the origins of the changes which occur over the span of life. In some ways, development represents a paradox: there is an obvious sense of change, while at the same time there seems to be a central thread of constancy. For example, parents of grown children often recall ways in
    which an infant or child foreshadowed the adult, as they say.
    Is this constancy real or imagined? And if real, what is it based on?
    The traditional answer to the question of constancy has been to assert that the basic characteristics of a person are innate – that is, the constancy is due to the influence of heredity. In essence, this is the modern version of Plato’s nativist theory. The role of heredity is evident in the development of a foetus, whereby cells differentiate to form the various parts of the body. Even after birth, the regularity of growth strongly suggests the influence of genetic timetables, in my IMHO of course.

-m.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 02:07
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Yes it was a tpyo 😀 ...

Birth to 2 years is classed as the sensorimotor period, which in essence means a pretty much egocentric thinking period. i.e. the world doesn't really exist apart from one's own experience of it. It's a time of development of object permanence; in other words developing the idea that objects do actually exist independently of one' ...[text shortened]... f growth strongly suggests the influence of genetic timetables, in my IMHO of course.

-m.
    Man that was long winded! 😉

I already said its a gene thingy. 😉 😛
  4. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 03:452 edits
    A famouns man once said that not one single person in all the world is good. Not one.

But as far as this discussion goes, I think there are multiple definitions of "good." To some, a "good" person is almost completely, if not completely, devoid of evil thoughts or intentions. To others, a "good" person is someone who means well most of the time. Using the former definition, none of us are good. Using the latter definition, almost all of us are good.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 04:16
    Originally posted by sumydid
    A famouns man once said that not one single person in all the world is good. Not one.

But as far as this discussion goes, I think there are multiple definitions of "good." To some, a "good" person is almost completely, if not completely, devoid of evil thoughts or intentions. To others, a "good" person is someone who means well most of the time. Using ...[text shortened]... definition, none of us are good. Using the latter definition, almost all of us are good.
    God's Righteousness = 100% Absolute Good.

3,749,251.99 Human Good Deeds = Zero (on His Scale).

Therefore, 'weighed in the balances and found wanting'
    (deficient, broke, without a prayer).
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 04:25
    If you want evil, learn about Gods.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 04:28
    Eternity's such a long, long 'time'.
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 04:33
    Originally posted by apathist
    If you want evil, learn about Gods.
    Babies aren't born knowing about gods, they're part of the received wisdom.
  9. Wat?
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 04:47
    Babies aren't born knowing about gods, they're part of the received wisdom.
    They are part of received indoctrination, as per the other traits that are perceived and ingested, be they good or bad, or ignorant or wise.

-m.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 08:20
    Does environment play a major role during the entire lifetime of an individual? Of course, similar to buying clothes 7/52/365. Clothes provide the unique layered look of personal style. What wears the wardrobe? Right, the body and soul that began its pilgrimage the moment the fetus said so long to the womb. The diapered human package contains a depraved nature, genetically inherited from Adam. This nature's compartmentalized: areas of strength and weakness; areas of pre-disposition to good and evil; a temptation factory that operates three shifts; and a volition which functions as plant manager. The male or female boss makes carloads of tons and tons of decisions during the interim from cradle to epitaph. Some good, some bad. All written by the Boss.
  11. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 09:12
    angel devil shoulder

we got both we hear both right
  12. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 09:33
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Eternity's such a long, long 'time'.
    There you go with threats again. You actually think you're on the god's inside page. That makes you profoundly stupid and without a clue.
  13. Wat?
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 10:40
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Does environment play a major role during the entire lifetime of an individual? Of course, similar to buying clothes 7/52/365. Clothes provide the unique layered look of personal style. What wears the wardrobe? Right, the body and soul that began its pilgrimage the moment the fetus said so long to the womb. The diapered human package contains a depraved ...[text shortened]... ons during the interim from cradle to epitaph. Some good, some bad. All written by the Boss.
    You do know, I presumed by your offered intelligence, that Gods were created by fears of the unknown, over 2-3 thousand years ago?

Adam is a fable of a book, created by man to assimilate those fears and lay responsibility elsewhere, similar to a 'Harry Potter' of this day.

Would you like to enlighten me about the 'boss's' epitath, as you refer to 'HIM'?

-m.
  14. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 12:45
    Originally posted by mikelom
    You do know, I presumed by your offered intelligence, that Gods were created by fears of the unknown, over 2-3 thousand years ago?

Adam is a fable of a book, created by man to assimilate those fears and lay responsibility elsewhere, similar to a 'Harry Potter' of this day.

Would you like to enlighten me about the 'boss's' epitath, as you refer to 'HIM'?

-m.
    Do I take it then Mr. Shrink, that you think that there is no GOD?

Have you used your powerful reasoning brain to conclude that
    it is all one big comfort blanket for humankind to cling to?

What will happen I wonder when that nice warm duvet is ripped away
    exposing mankind's weaknesses?

AAghhh!!!!!
  15. Wat?
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 13:03
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Do I take it then Mr. Shrink, that you think that there is no GOD?

Have you used your powerful reasoning brain to conclude that
    it is all one big comfort blanket for humankind to cling to?

What will happen I wonder when that nice warm duvet is ripped away
    exposing mankind's weaknesses?

AAghhh!!!!!
    Self!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree