Are humans fundamentally good or bad?

Are humans fundamentally good or bad?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
20 Jan 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Kewpie
Don't you like a an actual fact served up to you? Your posts in this thread are way off topic.
(Okay)

Post Guage

L .......... H

.......\

"Fill Now"

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
20 Jan 13

It is hard to stay on topic sometimes.

O

Moves
20 Jan 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]"With reference to the soul ,this would be a problem to person of faith,but I personally do not think it exists."

What gives you a unique identity? Your temporal body? With what do you perceive external reality? Your temporal body? With what do you hope and dream? Your temporal body? With what do you experience anguish over the loss of a loved ...[text shortened]... body? With what do feel compassion and charity? Your temporal body? With what do you pray?
.[/b]
Hi,that's a lot of questions! But the simple answer is yes,I think our minds are a product of emerging complexity(flock of Starlings moving as one etc.}I feel emotion just as deeply as anyone but think they arise from the same process which begins with the interaction of many smaller physical reactions in the brain.My equivalent to prayer would be to ask myself how I can improve a situation, in the full knowledge that I will fail on many occasions , with growing experience I think that the success rate might improve.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
20 Jan 13

Originally posted by OdBod
Hi,that's a lot of questions! But the simple answer is yes,I think our minds are a product of emerging complexity(flock of Starlings moving as one etc.}I feel emotion just as deeply as anyone but think they arise from the same process which begins with the interaction of many smaller physical reactions in the brain.My equivalent to prayer would be to ask mysel ...[text shortened]... l fail on many occasions , with growing experience I think that the success rate might improve.
There's only one question.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
20 Jan 13

Did you fart in the lift I am standing in?

-m.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
20 Jan 13

You have evidence, right?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
20 Jan 13

Originally posted by mikelom

-m.
Anal?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
20 Jan 13

Originally posted by apathist
You have evidence, right?
Just fanciful fiction.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
20 Jan 13

Everyone has some good and some bad in them. Everyone.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
20 Jan 13

Originally posted by apathist
Everyone has some good and some bad in them. Everyone.
Human or Divine?

Australia

Moves
20 Jan 13

Human or Divine?
Whatever floats your boat.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
20 Jan 13

Originally posted by Kewpie
Whatever floats [b]your boat.[/b]
His.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
21 Jan 13

-m.
How do you stand in a lift?

WM
The King of Detroit

The Jungle

Moves
21 Jan 13

Fundamentally speaking, are humans good or bad? It's a question that has repeatedly been asked throughout humanity. For thousands of years, philosophers have debated whether we have a basically good nature that is corrupted by society, or a basically bad nature that is kept in check by society. Psychology has uncovered some evidence which might give the old ...[text shortened]... and Milgram experiments.

This time it reveals something nice about human nature!! 🙂

-m.
I love your post mikelom. It's this simple. It is the individuals choice. Sooner or later everyone has to choose a side. Which side do you choose? 😉

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
21 Jan 13

Originally posted by Westside Mobster
I love your post mikelom. It's this simple. It is the individuals choice. Sooner or later everyone has to choose a side. Which side do you choose? 😉
And the consequences of getting it wrong are intolerable beyond belief.