Artsy-Fartsy

Artsy-Fartsy

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 May 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I am not entirely sure what you are slobbering about but I actually provided a reason why i did not consider it to be art. How you could have missed it is hard to say. Perhaps if you stopped trying to be a smart A$$ it may help your case, who can say?
Oh, we didn't miss it, we just think you're wrong.

Stop the self-entitlement.

rc

Moves
28 May 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
Oh, we didn't miss it, we just think you're wrong.

Stop the self-entitlement.
Sooooooooo you were also a world war one flying ace, how vewy vewy intwesting Meesees Bond!

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 May 14

EPIC FAIL! and logical fallacy extraordinaire, just because you make a truth claim does not mean that the claim is valid on the basis that you have made it. Please clean up this slobbery drool you are messing up the forum floor.
But, in this instance, you are wrong, and the fail is all yours.

BECAUSE "just because you make a truth claim does not mean that the claim is valid on the basis that you have made it." Especially because you made it. Most of the things you have said lately are wrong. In fact, most of the things you *ever* say are wrong.

You "must have missed" where I said, "It is art, whether we say so or not."

rc

Moves
28 May 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
But, in this instance, you are wrong, and the fail is all yours.

BECAUSE "just because you make a truth claim does not mean that the claim is valid on the basis that you have made it." Especially because you made it. Most of the things you have said lately are wrong. In fact, most of the things you *ever* say are wrong.

You "must have missed" where I said, "It is art, whether we say so or not."
what is it about the fallacy of an argument of assertion that you are having trouble with?

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
28 May 14

Opinion without substantiation is meaningless, I hope you understand.
And yet, you have provided nothing but opinion. Yes, I think I do understand. You wouldn't know art if it stood up and bit you on your derriere. The art of debate ad nauseum is all you know about art.

rc

Moves
28 May 14

Originally posted by cashthetrash
And yet, you have provided nothing but opinion. Yes, I think I do understand. You wouldn't know art if it stood up and bit you on your derriere. The art of debate ad nauseum is all you know about art.
I have provided a plethora of reason, but then again i often forget that to attempt to reason with a Zombie apocalypse is to invite copious amounts of slobbery drool.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
28 May 14
1 edit

Ok, but it appears to me that I have detailed the difference between a skill and an art form. A skill conforms to a set of standards, whether its building a kitchen or drawing with sand, for example the sand painter must make images which appear recognizable, castles and dragons etc so that people can relate to them in some way, an artist need not d ...[text shortened]... e most important parts of a portfolio is the workbooks which demonstrate development of an idea.
Ok, but it appears to me that I have detailed the difference between a skill and an art form.

Yes, you have. And now I'm supposed to be stupid enough not to recognize that this difference has nothing to do with whether something I've seen is art or not. Sorry to be such a big disappointment to you. You should probably try arguing with idiots and weaklings... literally. Idiots would undoubtedly agree with you, and for no other reason than they would literally be unable to understand what you are saying.

If you didn't want this to become personal you wouldn't have led with personal insults, and you would not have tried to insult my intelligence. You can't just bully your way through an argument here and expect to win points... it won't work.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 May 14

what is it about the fallacy of an argument of assertion that you are having trouble with?
But it matters not whatever we assert, robbie. It remains art. It was art before either one of us opened our mouths here. It will remain art long after we get sick of each other here. And there's nothing we can do to change this.

N

Moves
28 May 14

Art or not, I don't think its great or high art. I'm quite inclined to sympathise with robbie carrobie's view here, although I disagree strongly on his point comparing classical and jazz musicians. If the creator of the sand art used different colours (perhaps dyed sand) and less of what I see as a 'generic' musical accompaniment—comparable with a lot of the music now heard accompanying figure-skating and ice dancing routines, not to mention video games—who knows what true art she might produce. Perhaps she is at a stage in her career where what she does is more of a skill, but she is developing it into an art. As it is a skill/art of which the main goal (or one of the goals) is a visual expression leading to emotional impact, I think it's quite unfair to compare it to bricklaying and so on.

Although the images didn't speak to me emotionally (regardless of the dull colour) I might charitably say that the reasons for that may have more to do with my own personal background, having as it does a negligible amount to to do with the Far East, or indeed Ukraine for that matter.

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
28 May 14

I have provided a plethora of reason, but then again i often forget that to attempt to reason with a Zombie apocalypse is to invite copious amounts of slobbery drool.
robbie I can't possibly get offended by your insult because I had an artistic vision of you setting cross legged on the floor tying to pluck a splinter out your rear end while trying to imitate an intelligent Scottish kilt wearing Zen Master. Now that's funny right there i don't care who you are. 🙂

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
29 May 14

Originally posted by cashthetrash
robbie I can't possibly get offended by your insult because I had an artistic vision of you setting cross legged on the floor tying to pluck a splinter out your rear end while trying to imitate an intelligent Scottish kilt wearing Zen Master. Now that's funny right there i don't care who you are. 🙂
ewww... thanks for that bit of artistic visual imagery before I went to sleep last night. My mind unfortunately filled in the rest of that picture with copious amounts of our slobbery drool on his floor. Remind me to not read anything you say just before I'm off to bed tonight. 😛😕

rc

Moves
29 May 14
2 edits

Originally posted by lemon lime
ewww... thanks for that bit of artistic visual imagery before I went to sleep last night. My mind unfortunately filled in the rest of that picture with copious amounts of our slobbery drool on his floor. Remind me to not read anything you say just before I'm off to bed tonight. 😛😕
Dem chicks dig kilts, just sayin. 😀

rc

Moves
29 May 14

Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
Art or not, I don't think its great or high art. I'm quite inclined to sympathise with robbie carrobie's view here, although I disagree strongly on his point comparing classical and jazz musicians. If the creator of the sand art used different colours (perhaps dyed sand) and less of what I see as a 'generic' musical accompaniment—comparable wi ...[text shortened]... ng as it does a negligible amount to to do with the Far East, or indeed Ukraine for that matter.
The routine contained no intellectual content my friend.

N

Moves
29 May 14

The routine contained no intellectual content my friend.
I think it had an exciting charm and promised greater things to come, although I only watched the first half or less. If it didn't mean anything, or wasn't intelligible, I'm not that fussed. Maybe I'm being giddily optimistic, but I can find a mental slot for imagining a future show with a new artistic maturity. Maybe she'll tour Britain one day (although she may have issues finding dry sand). 😉 I don't think anyone can deny that the skill she displays is magnificent, even if one simultaneously wonders, "WTF* is the point of that?".

*Clarkson

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
29 May 14

Dem chicks dig kilts, just sayin. 😀
Yeah, you just keep telling yourself that, Hondo.