Christchurch victims.

Christchurch victims.

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
15 Mar 19

I’m so shocked and saddened to hear about the many people
gunned down at prayer in their mosque.

Their killers are pathetic, weak and evil.

Moves
15 Mar 19

😢

Moves
15 Mar 19

@drewnogal said

Just waking to the news: It's horrific!
These are dark times.

Thinking of you today New Zealand.

😢

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
15 Mar 19

A truly dreadful event. My thoughts are with the victims and their families.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Mar 19

I just hope the people of NZ and their representatives are better equipped to handle legislative aid to those involved than is the US.

All the gun violence here and we have yet to approve any decent gun legislation. One wonders how many have to die before it happens.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Mar 19

@drewnogal said

I have some Kiwi friends living in Jerusalem, and I am sure they are as shocked as anyone here, condolences for the dead and wounded. They captured the perp?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Mar 19

@drewnogal said

youhave a truly good soul Drew.

w

Moves
15 Mar 19

@suzianne said
I just hope the people of NZ and their representatives are better equipped to handle legislative aid to those involved than is the US.

All the gun violence here and we have yet to approve any decent gun legislation. One wonders how many have to die before it happens.
What is the legislation like in NZ?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Mar 19

@badradger said
I'll second that.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
15 Mar 19

@drewnogal said

Yes, completely agree with you!

-VR

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
15 Mar 19

@badradger said
I believe we all do, apart from the misguided few.

Just wanted to express a few words of condolence. I’ve been lucky enough to have met and worked with a number of people from different cultures andt regions of the world; fascinating people, fathers, mothers, daughters and sons, all who have taught me something about our differences but also that we have so many things in common. I once got chatting to a mum about the lovely coordination of fabrics in her tunic, scarf and trousers; not her words for them however. She told me that she made all of her clothes herself. I was amazed and we made a connection here. So I smiled and took a cheeky chance to dare ask if I could lift her hemline as this is of interest to people who like to sew. It may not have been PC but I was engrossed in the chat and wanted to know more. She smiled, allowed me to lift the hem of her tunic then beamed when I complimented her on the tiny, neat stiches.

We’re not so different. Sadly many lack the opportunities to notice.

Gothenburg

Moves
15 Mar 19
1 edit

@drewnogal

Revenge and retaliation always lead to more violence - if only that could stop...

gc

Moves
15 Mar 19

@drewnogal
I don't think he was weak,his manifesto he wrote although a miguided right wing view was not just that of a nutcase but someone who was obviously intelligent . He was a extremist radical sociopath who wanted to start a global war.And although the shooting is shocking and a wake up call in New Zealand this is not a isolated view, just a extreme version of the anti muslim anti immigration view that is growing around the world.

Ol' Dirty Heathen

I'm Naked!

Moves
15 Mar 19

@drewnogal said

You are SO correct! This stuff pisses me off.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
15 Mar 19

@gareth-cobb said
@drewnogal
I don't think he was weak,his manifesto he wrote although a miguided right wing view was not just that of a nutcase but someone who was obviously intelligent . He was a extremist radical sociopath who wanted to start a global war.And although the shooting is shocking and a wake up call in New Zealand this is not a isolated view, just a extreme version of the anti muslim anti immigration view that is growing around the world.
Sorry but your words may be of more interest in the debates thread? This thread was intended to show that we care for the victims - and want no association with extremist right-wing murderers.