General

F

Moves
10 Jan 21

Well?

F

Moves
10 Jan 21

I wish I'd had hundreds of RHP subscribers banned from the website just for disagreeing with me on the forums. Yes, literally "hundreds".

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
10 Jan 21

@fmf said
I wish I'd had hundreds of RHP subscribers banned from the website just for disagreeing with me on the forums. Yes, literally "hundreds".
You have to be joking of course!

-VR

F

Moves
10 Jan 21

I wish I'd rubbed so many people on the Debates Forum up the wrong way that, about 8 years ago, the regulars there had kicked me off it.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
10 Jan 21

@fmf said
I wish I'd rubbed so many people on the Debates Forum up the wrong way that, about 8 years ago, the regulars there had kicked me off it.
Nothing you can do about the past, it is what you do in the future that is important in my humble opinion.

-VR

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
10 Jan 21

@very-rusty said
You have to be joking of course!

-VR
This is the least unliked post in the thread yet.

Congratulations!

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
10 Jan 21
1 edit

@ponderable said
This is the least unliked post in the thread yet.

Congratulations!
You have to be joking pondy! 😉 😛

Could I have another try I am sure I can do better and make one even more disliked! 😉

-VR

Moves
10 Jan 21

@fmf said
Well?
I wish I was a hated here by the emotionally brittle and weak-minded as you are, it’s my aspiration.

Moves
10 Jan 21

@divegeester said
I wish I was a hated here by the emotionally brittle and weak-minded as you are, it’s my aspiration.
Ah there’s an early thumb down from one of the “lovelies” 😊

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
10 Jan 21

@divegeester said
Ah there’s an early thumb down from one of the “lovelies” 😊
I am often surprised if I don't get at least 3 per post! 😉

-VR

Moves
11 Jan 21
1 edit

@very-rusty said
I am often surprised if I don't get at least 3 per post
I do, pretty much.

But then I don’t pretend to be friends with people I hardly know at all and exchange with them meaningless trite sound bites of an imaginary bar-life in threads like the “RHP Tavern” while alerting (jeez!) and thumbing down the posts of people who just talk straight.

Gothenburg

Moves
11 Jan 21
1 edit

@divegeester said
I do, pretty much.

But then I don’t pretend to be friends with people I hardly know at all and exchange with them meaningless trite sound bites of an imaginary bar-life in threads like the “RHP Tavern” while alerting (jeez!) and thumbing down the posts of people who just talk straight.
I don't understand you, Divey. What is your problem with the Tavern-thread? It's just like any other thread except that it's pure imagination.. Is it because it is uncontroversial, harmless pastime? Is it because it's not to your liking? If so, why not just ignore it? It will be abandoned by us who have been active in it, but it was fun while it lasted.

F

Moves
11 Jan 21

@torunn said
Is it because it's not to your liking? If so, why not just ignore it?
If something isn't to your liking ~ like criticism of a certain thread ~ why don't YOU just ignore it? Isn't that your advice for others? I can't remember you being as hypocritical as this before.

Gothenburg

Moves
11 Jan 21

@fmf said
If something isn't to your liking ~ like criticism of a certain thread ~ why don't YOU just ignore it? Isn't that your advice for others? I can't remember you being as hypocritical as this before.
You are right. It's probably because I have been more involved than usual. It became a bit personal.

SRB

Moves
11 Jan 21

@torunn said
You are right. It's probably because I have been more involved than usual. It became a bit personal.
So unless you live absolutely to the letter of everything that you aspire to you are a hypocrite.

If you consistently place yourself above a whole community and judge everybody in it you are just fine. In fact you are so wonderful you expect that people will want to listen to your voice on the radio.

Keep doing what you are doing Torunn. Telling FMF he is right is a neat solution. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.