Controversial Secrets You Wish You Had

General

Moves
13 Jan 21

F

Moves
13 Jan 21

@relentless-red said
In fact you are so wonderful you expect that people will want to listen to your voice on the radio.
If you made a radio programme involving four people from this community, would you NOT share the links to it on this forum then?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Jan 21

@hakima said
What are you on about? The phrase in question is not something I would say.

Why bring up my name?
Perhaps your name comes up for looking so good! 😉

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Jan 21
1 edit

@Trev33

Why make such comments about my wife?

Do I say rude things about your wife? We know the answer is NO!

-VR

Moves
13 Jan 21

@very-rusty said
@Trev33

Why make such comments about my wife?

Do I say rude things about your wife? We know the answer is NO!

-VR
I asked ghost a question, is that not allowed in rusty land?

I'm married? News to me, what's her name? I hope she likes sarcasm.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Jan 21
1 edit

@trev33 said
I asked ghost a question, is that not allowed in rusty land?

I'm married? News to me, what's her name? I hope she likes sarcasm.
Then you shouldn't talk about someone else's wife in a rude way.

I can see why you wouldn't be married if that is the way you look at women.

No, you don't ask a question about me and my wife to goad, what the hell would he know?

-VR

Moves
13 Jan 21

SRB

Moves
13 Jan 21

@hakima said
What are you on about? The phrase in question is not something I would say.

Why bring up my name?
Joker, page 15, 8th post, bottom line.

F

Moves
13 Jan 21

@relentless-red said
So, let's be clear. Now that you have established that she also thinks you have a chip on your shoulder, do you also believe Hakima is "trashing" the radio programme, and "trashing" Phil's work?

Moves
13 Jan 21

@relentless-red said
Wow! that's great memory! do you keep notes?

Isn't it great when you quote back a poster's own words?

I find they tend to generally ignore it. What else can they do?

Well done

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
14 Jan 21

@relentless-red said
To mention that a person has a “chip on his shoulder” is a common colloquialism that means a person holds him (or her) self so still in a grudge or with their side of a dispute that a chip could remain in their shoulder without it knocking off regardless of any other input or outcome.

In the post in question you were so certain that I was against you (presumably because you assumed my friendship with FMF warranted my taking his side) that you did not even see that I was actually supporting your case by quoting the DSM IV.

I would never say “Chip on your shoulder much?” because it isn’t my style of speaking or writing.

I am curious about my second question. Why did you feel the need to bring my name up in this particular thread? Unless of course you ARE assuming that my friendship with FMF (and divegeester) have any bearing on it at all. In which case, my point likely has bearing and you do carry a chip on your shoulder. That’s too bad.

F

Moves
14 Jan 21

@hakima said
I would never say “Chip on your shoulder much?” because it isn’t my style of speaking or writing.
It's quintessentially British, I think. It comes from a British TV comedy show, if I am not mistaken. [The Fast Show"?] I haven't seen it but I think I picked up the "[blah blah], much?" question from fellow Brits here.

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
14 Jan 21

@fmf said
It's quintessentially British, I think. It comes from a British TV comedy show, if I am not mistaken. [The Fast Show"?] I haven't seen it but I think I picked up the "[blah blah], much?" question from fellow Brits here.
Aha!!! My British friends take great fun at “correcting” my American pronunciations and misunderstandings of certain phrases. They tease me with imagining the hilarity when I cross the pond to visit. I have determined to let my Americanisms fly and become an attraction at every pub we frequent. 😂

Moves
14 Jan 21
1 edit

@hakima

That'll be in 2025 then!!

(The next time pubs open over here!)

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
14 Jan 21

@blood-on-the-tracks said
@hakima

That'll be in 2025 then!!

(The next time pubs open over here!)
That will make it all the more hilarious because by then it will be me all white-haired, sporting a cane, tottering around with my Americanisms and half remembering what I said 😂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.