Flynn Effect

Flynn Effect

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
29 Jul 16
1 edit

Originally posted by lemon lime
It takes one to know one.
You mean that I am not a "human" so I can't know "humans"? What is it it you are satirizing exactly with a quip like this? Are you taking the mickey out of the 'substance' of Suzianne's swing & blurt stuff? 😉

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
29 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
You mean that I am not a "human" so I can't know "humans"? What is it it you are satirizing exactly with a quip like this? Are you taking the mickey out of the 'substance' of Suzianne's swing & blurt stuff? 😉
I was simply responding to your question in accordance to (and with) the way your question was worded. You said:
What's wrong with my interaction with humans?

What animal, vegetable or mineral do you normally interact with?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
29 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
But I'm not a psychologist. That's why I talked about it using the subjunctive.
Using the subjunktive what?

F

Moves
29 Jul 16

What animal, vegetable or mineral do you normally interact with?
I still don't get what your satire is aimed at. I would have thought that I am replete with human faults and weaknesses, and that THAT is the crux of the 'problem' that some have with me, so I don't see how satire based on me somehow not being human [and therefore not being able to "know" humans] works on any level. What's the witty or funny angle to it? It seems really clumsy. Perhaps it is some American thing that I am unfamiliar with.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
29 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
I still don't get what your satire is aimed at. I would have thought that I am replete with human faults and weaknesses, and that THAT is the crux of the 'problem' that some have with me, so I don't see how satire based on me somehow not being human [and therefore not being able to "know" humans] works on any level. What's the witty or funny angle to it? It seems really clumsy. Perhaps it is some American thing that I am unfamiliar with.
The way in which your question was worded suggests you might not be human. Who else would you be having a conversation with if not another human?

F

Moves
29 Jul 16
3 edits

The way in which your question was worded suggests you might not be human. Who else would you be having a conversation with if not another human?
I still don't get what you think you are satirizing.

If I were to mock Suzianne for her perma-scorn forum denunciations and paranoia and offered that they were caused by her lack of human interaction skills, and she said "What's the matter with my human interaction skills?" and then you chipped and said "It takes a human to know humans", would that be a really funny thing for you to say?

Your quip strikes me as being a kind of Rupert Pupkin thing to say. If I'm wrong and there's something witty going on, show me how.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
29 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
I still don't get what you think you are satirizing.

if I were to mock Suzianne for her perma-scorn forum denunciations and paranoia and offered that they were caused by her lack of interaction skills, and she said "What's the matter with my human interaction skills?" and then you chipped and said "It takes a human to know humans", would that be a really fun ...[text shortened]... d of Rupert Pupkin thing to say. If I'm wrong and there's something witty going on, show me how.
And I still don't get why you can't see this as anything but satire.

Maybe this is an example of the single minded "tunnel vision" Very Rusty mentioned... you spot a bit of satire and then automatically assume all of it must be satire.

F

Moves
29 Jul 16

And I still don't get why you can't see this as anything but satire.

Maybe this is an example of the single minded "tunnel vision" Very Rusty mentioned... you spot a bit of satire and then automatically assume all of it must be satire.
The issue is where is the humour. It's Suzianne who has been using the words "human" and "human interaction" repeatedly, not me. This started with here saying this:

"You never did seem to get a thorough handle on even the most trivial of human interaction. Your view of most posters, indeed, of almost any normal human interaction, except that which falls into your own extremely narrow range of experience, is almost always tinged with fear, narcissism, envy and/or confusion."

Surely, you are satirizing Suzianne if you then seek to play on this peculiar tack she is taking? But if you are, the question remains, how is it funny? I take it you know who Rupert Pupkin was.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
29 Jul 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
The issue is where is the humour. It's Suzianne who has been using the words "human" and "human interaction" repeatedly, not me. This started with here saying this:

"You never did seem to get a thorough handle on even the most trivial of human interaction. Your view of most posters, indeed, of almost any normal human interaction, except that which falls into ...[text shortened]... But if you are, the question remains, how is it funny? I take it you know who Rupert Pupkin was.
Surely I was satirizing you. I should know, because I'm the human who was doing the satirizing.

And no, I don't know who Rupert Pumpkin was. Is he deceased?

F

Moves
29 Jul 16

Surely I was satirizing you. And I should know, because I'm the human who was doing the satirizing.
I still don't get where you're coming from. Suzianne behaves like a whirling dervish day in day out here and you never satirize it and yet here you are suddenly poking fun at me for her use of the word "human"? It seems rather odd.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
29 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
I still don't get where you're coming from. Suzianne behaves like a whirling dervish day in day out here and you never satirize it and yet here you are suddenly poking fun at me for her use of the word "human"? It seems rather odd.
Wow, you really are self absorbed! But I digress from your world of fantasy...

Yeah, I never criticize or make fun of anything supergirl says.

F

Moves
29 Jul 16

Wow, you really are self absorbed! But I digress from your world of fantasy...

Yeah, I never criticize or make fun of anything supergirl says.
But it was Suzianne who tripped over her own hyperbole by talking about "human" interaction, not me. The issue here is surely who you are absorbed with, not me. 😉

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
29 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
But it was Suzianne who tripped over her own hyperbole by talking about "human" interaction, not me. The issue here is surely who you are absorbed with, not me. 😉
You finally got something right... surely who I am not absorbed with is you.

F

Moves
29 Jul 16

You finally got something right... surely who I am not absorbed with is you.
Your reaction to my use of the word "human" would suggest otherwise. 😉

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
29 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
Your reaction to my use of the word "human" would suggest otherwise. 😉
How so?