1. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 13:30
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    what did I post that makes you need a break?
    That you have respect for those who serve.

You showed complete lack of respect with your mockery of this soldier.

And now you are not even man enough to admit it and apologize.
  2. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 13:30
    Originally posted by Landisqueen170
    You should have stopped at this post dear. The only thing you've written worth reading.
  3. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 13:32

Look love, you're accusing a few of us of disrespecting soldiers. Please point out the posts involved. We'll examine them and comment then.
  4. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 13:36
    I have personally PMed FaithJ and expressed my apologies for the unbelievably insensitive comments posted by Radio and Lemon. As predicted, they stand by their hateful remarks.

I encourage anyone who feels the same as I do to send a PM of thanks to Faith. Whether you agree with his gun views or not, his posts did not warrant being mocked as he was. He took the higher road as far as I'm concerned.

He did not deserve to be personally attacked as a soldier.
  5. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 13:37

do you respect every person that serves?

what about those who torture prisoners for imformation, water boarding beating etc.

war is nasty, not all soldiers play fair in every side, harsh but true

thoughts?
  6. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 13:38
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    Look love, you're accusing a few of us of disrespecting soldiers. Please point out the posts involved. We'll examine them and comment then.
    Not wasting another minute on you.

Anyone can read what you wrote.

I hope this is all just for show and you really sleep on it. Then send a PM to him later with sincere regrets.

I doubt it. But one can hope.
  7. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 13:42
    I have personally PMed FaithJ and expressed my apologies for the unbelievably insensitive comments posted by Radio and Lemon. As predicted, they stand by their hateful remarks.

I encourage anyone who feels the same as I do to send a PM of thanks to Faith. Whether you agree with his gun views or not, his posts did not warrant being mocked as he was. ...[text shortened]... gher road as far as I'm concerned.

He did not deserve to be personally attacked as a soldier.
    I believe some soldiers used to throw babies in the air and catch them on the ends of there bayonets. An unbelievably inhumane act but not all soldiers are like you see on the telly.

I salute soldiers everywhere for the service they do for their country but Lemon is right. Not all of them are commendable in their actions.
  8. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 13:43

I hope this is all just for show and you really sleep on it. Then send a PM to him later with sincere regrets.

There's about as much chance of me sending an apology as there is of me winning tomorrows lotto...............and I don't even have a ticket.!!!
  9. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 13:53

Oh.....did I mention that my heritage is Japanese. My mother lived in Hiroshima when she was a small child. Her father had sent her up to stay at her grandmothers in a small town near Toyama a few weeks before the bombing. When the bomb went off she lost her mother father a brother, and many other relations. She came out to Australia in 1947 with her grandmother aged 6.
  10. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 13:55
    Originally posted by roma45
    do you respect every person that serves?

what about those who torture prisoners for imformation, water boarding beating etc.

war is nasty, not all soldiers play fair in every side, harsh but true

thoughts?
    I respect any soldier in our country and those of our allies who are serving.

War is nasty. Not all soldiers play fair on every side. Such is war. It is not pretty. I don't pretend to know the heavy crosses they must bear for what they must do, what they see, the sacrifices they must make, the toll that it takes on them mentally, physically...

Right now, as I see it...it is "Us" (the civilized world) or "Them" (the barbaric terrorists) I believe the USA and our Allies have always tried to adhere to the Geneva Conventions. 100% of the time? Don't know. But I damn well know we treat our prisoners better than the terrorists do. Look at Gitmo - those guys have medical care, religious freedoms, food according to their religious convictions. It's absurd in my opinion. We go out of our way because it is PC. I say - put them in a cell with bread & water. Like the good ole days.

Easy for me to say NO on water boarding, etc...but if our nation's safety and well being of our citizens or yours is at stake? And one terrorist holds vital information to our nation's security. I am voting HELL YES. Us or them.

Our troops (and some of yours as well probably) will most likely have to confront these bastards - crazed madmen who cage people and burn them alive, behead and televised it, take down airliners, attack innocent people out enjoying life on a Friday night...

They have my complete gratitude and respect.
  11. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 13:58
    I respect any soldier in our country and those of our allies who are serving.

War is nasty. Not all soldiers play fair on every side. Such is war. It is not pretty. I don't pretend to know the heavy crosses they must bear for what they must do, what they see, the sacrifices they must make, the toll that it takes on them mentally, physically...

R ...[text shortened]... nt people out enjoying life on a Friday night...

They have my complete gratitude and respect.
    An "us" or "them" person. Nice.
  12. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 14:04
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    thank you for your service

you obviously need some therapy

PTSD?
    Example.

Pitiful.
  13. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 14:041 edit
    Shameful - both of you.
  14. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 14:06
    Example.

Pitiful.
    So no soldiers ever suffer PTSD?

Is that what you're saying?
  15. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    15 Nov '15 14:07
    Thanks....I'll take that as a compliment from you dear.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree