guns

guns

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
15 Nov 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
kissy kissy womadwool, for you and wadiodweeb
Robbie sounds as if he's knocked a good few back this evening.

rc

Moves
15 Nov 15

Originally posted by Startreader
Robbie is perfectly sober and has just watched for the first time Princess Diana's Panorama interview.

I am now watching, Unlawful Killing is a 2011 British documentary film, directed by Keith Allen, about the deaths of Diana, Princess of Wales and Dodi Fayed on 31 August 1997.

I remain capable of rational thought.😵

Moves
15 Nov 15

Originally posted by roma45
The main point you are missing. I will dumb it down for you.
You are not jack from 24. Torturing someone wont stop a nuke.
Any prisoner deserves to be treated humanly, no matter what they have done, if we go down the dark road of being like them, they have won.
You say they are barbaric monsters, well if you want us to be the good guys we have to act like the good guys
No need to dumb anything down for me.
Thanks for your perspective.

rc

Moves
15 Nov 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Startreader
Do you think they were killed by the British establishment? I do.

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
16 Nov 15

I suppose we'll never know. Seems likely though.

f

Moves
16 Nov 15

Thanks for the individual messages of support sent my way.
Very much appreciated.
Good, decent people have always outnumbered all the rest.

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
16 Nov 15

Originally posted by faithj323
Very much appreciated.
"Hasta la vista, baby".

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
16 Nov 15

Very much appreciated.
Thermopylae

RIP Mghrn55

United States

Moves
16 Nov 15

Originally posted by VESPIN
THAT IS BECAUSE WE ALWAYS DO, and we are always called, and there is a reason for that. We have the biggest guns!!!!! Our country is needed everywhere. But it's good you have the liberty to run your mouth about America.
If you were being playful, then I apologize. You of all people know I am not up on all the sayings from your country or others. And I had read other things, not from you, that were not kind to America. I know we are not perfect. But no matter what we do support out soldiers. So then I misunderstood your reference. My apologies. Sincerely, Startreader.

st johnstone

Moves
16 Nov 15

a drunk driver doing 90 MPH, not wearing seat belts, thats what killed them
case closed move on

st johnstone

Moves
16 Nov 15

Very much appreciated.
or maybe the gullible outnumber the rest.?

rc

Moves
16 Nov 15
2 edits

Originally posted by roma45
a drunk driver doing 90 MPH, not wearing seat belts, thats what killed them
case closed move on
The driver was not drunk. Video footage taken minutes before he left the hotel in the foyer and outside demonstrate that he was perfectly sober. The bill at the bar indicates that he had no more than two drinks, a mere quarter of what is allowed under French law. Do you really believe everything you read in tabloid newspapers? When the French police initially searched his house they found nothing but a bottle of wine and a half bottle of champagne. When they went back they miraculously found enough alcohol to stock a bar. Here are the facts for you. The British public returned a verdict of unlawful killing* after considering the evidence during five days of deliberation. I suggest that before you parrot the line of tabloid newspapers you actually examine the evidence.

*Unlawful killing - when someone has been killed by one or several unknown persons.

Moves
16 Nov 15

Originally posted by VESPIN
If you were being playful, then I apologize. You of all people know I am not up on all the sayings from your country or others. And I had read other things, not from you, that were not kind to America. I know we are not perfect. But no matter what we do support out soldiers. So then I misunderstood your reference. My apologies. Sincerely, Startreader.
Not sure what prompted that strange post.

To translate: "run your mouth" = "speak freely"?

Like Radio, whose personal perspective and background offered us a most moving insight, I have a personal perspective here. My father fought throughout the First World War, was severely wounded, recovered and went back, was awarded the highest medal for extreme and conspicuous bravery, and lost every single one of the friends with whom, as mere boys, they had all signed up. He spoke bitterly on occasion of how America had come in at the last minute.

Again, in the Second World War, in which my grandmother lost her youngest son, and, along with millions of others, her home and much more, in which Britain stood alone and resolute, America did come in eventually. After Pearl Harbour. "Always America comes in, in the end, after they've been hurt", said my father.

That's my perspective, my background, formed from the Blitz and family loss, just as Radio's, so much more terribly, was formed from Hiroshima.

Every person here has their own family background and perspective formed from many decades of family experience. That's just my reaction and why I made the post to which Vespin refers. Was that "running my mouth"? In what sense was I "running my mouth" and not Vespin, or, indeed, Landisqueen?

Others, mostly silent on this forum but members of RHP nonetheless, will have their own family background and perspective. I have a good RHP friend whose background is Vietnamese. He has stories... There are others who are Arabic. They wouldn't dare comment on the taboo subject of Palestine. Someone would accuse them of "running their mouth" at the very least.

I've no idea what I, "of all people", as Vespin oddly says, am meant to infer from his post. What's he on about? But that's the background to my possibly somewhat incautious comment about America's history of coming to the rescue after others have fought and suffered great hardship. It was just a throwaway comment but an insight into why some people are less than impressed with some comments here.

And I'm not even going to talk about waterboarding or Guantanamo.

rc

Moves
16 Nov 15

Originally posted by radioactive69
I suppose we'll never know. Seems likely though.
It seems very likely.

st johnstone

Moves
16 Nov 15

The driver was not drunk. Video footage taken minutes before he left the hotel in the foyer and outside demonstrate that he was perfectly sober. The bill at the bar indicates that he had no more than two drinks, a mere quarter of what is allowed under French law. Do you really believe everything you read in tabloid newspapers? When the French polic ...[text shortened]... evidence.

*Unlawful killing - when someone has been killed by one or several unknown persons.
wow you watch a biased bbc programme and now you are an expert.
the driver had alcohol in his system thats a fact, the only survivor was the body guard who had the sense to wear a seat belt,

accidental death

case closed

move on