1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 May '13 00:38
    Originally posted by CGibson

I tried it with all three. FireFox, Chrome, and IE with all the same result. It just blanks out the board.
    Feedback sent to Russ?
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    09 May '13 05:49
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    This is the place to come if you want to grumble about the new user interface.

{Not for serious reporting of actual difficulties though}

When I first started using the new interface (beta version) two months ago, I had some serious complaints. Now, all the ones that really mattered have been fixed, and all I have left is a small grumble about sorting by time remaining, which isn't good. Still, it's hardly a game-changer ...

Anyone else?
    It seems like a few days were enough to adapt...
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 May '13 18:33
    Originally posted by Ponderable

It seems like a few days were enough to adapt...
    ... appears most site members have, with public complaint levels decreasing to almost nil.
  4. Joined
    06 Mar '13
    Moves
    11 May '13 20:34

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    11 May '13 22:56
    You'll be busy for a while resigning 105 games then, won't you?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 May '13 23:011 edit
    Originally posted by sgw1981
    Yes, I REALLY dislike the change for reasons others have cited. Particularly I don't like all the wasted space to the left and right of the screen. Looks stupid. Everything is so big and blocky now, too. I don't think I will renew my subscription and might migrate to Game Knot.
    Ctrl + is your friend.

(Or Ctrl (scroll wheel))
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 May '13 23:02
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Nope. Minutes before expressing that sentiment, I had been thanked for my [non-subscriber] membership at a competitive on-line chess site with this parting message at the end of an invitation to play in their May, 2013, Rated Tournament:

"Good luck and thank you for choosing _______ as your premier chess battlefield!"

Note: Several W ...[text shortened]... endly RHP General Forum "Interaction" Should I Accept. Not Even Close, Suzianne. (gb)[/b]
    Well, I guess you get your action where you can find it. 😛
  8. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    11 May '13 23:15
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Suzi you bold baby.

I hope you don't get your action wherever you can find it. 😲

I thought you were a nice girl. 😉
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 May '13 23:17
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I don't get this. This site is far superior to GameKnot in every way. Last time I was even on that site was 2 years ago, and they're still sending me tournament notifications.

If people can't adapt, screw 'em. My Settings should have been everyone's first stop. There are also tools in your browser (that you presumably use every day, yet still don't know how it works) to ease the transition. I'm tired of websites catering to the lowest common denominator in their users. The conversation might even improve if we let all the stupid ones leave.

Changing your settings should not be an "it sucks!" moment. Spend five minutes now and suddenly you have nothing to complain about. Maybe that's why people don't just do it.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 May '13 23:19
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Suzi you bold baby.

I hope you don't get your action wherever you can find it. 😲

I thought you were a nice girl. 😉
    I'm a chick, my action comes to me, most of the time. I can afford to be picky. 😉
  11. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    11 May '13 23:25
    I'm a chick, my action comes to me, most of the time. I can afford to be picky. 😉
    Ah ha ha ha. Well answered.

The bee comes to the flower. Not the other way around.
  12. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    12 May '13 01:16
    I don't get this. This site is far superior to GameKnot in every way. Last time I was even on that site was 2 years ago, and they're still sending me tournament notifications.

If people can't adapt, screw 'em. My Settings should have been everyone's first stop. There are also tools in your browser (that you presumably use every day, yet still don't k ...[text shortened]... ddenly you have nothing to complain about. Maybe that's why people don't just do it.
    If GK is still like it was years ago, the complainers will discover that they don't get to complain there.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 May '13 01:51

Inaction's my bag, Dearie. lol
  14. Joined
    07 Sep '11
    Moves
    14 May '13 13:42
    Originally posted by Lee Gibson
    I do not have Chrome--It seems I am stuck with creating a screen shot and printing the image--

PLEASE--give the players a better solution

Thanks,
    Lee

Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Dude, just get chrome. It's free.

I'd rather Google not knowing the color of my underwear every time I want to surf the web. 😵

You guys/girls are really fun to read. This was all about the old print board button that we lost--and is now back at a better spot--the bottom of the page.

In general--I didn't think we should have to add another software--just to print the board. I have since added chrome (and like it) and it will print the board if you check the background button.

Thanks,
    Lee
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 May '13 16:10
    Interesting RHP Profile.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree